Notices

Cirrhosis ! God no ..not ME :(

Old 09-06-2013, 04:13 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Snoozy Beyond Blue is a safe Aussie place to go for depression. You've got a great doctor, hang on to him.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:28 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Hi snooze i have last time i knew medium fatty liver, that was 4 or 5 yrs ago. I know also that goes into liver disease or what you was saying.

I have never had a scan since, me thinking and doc said unless i stop i may get another scan. I know how hard it is to think that this could be all. however maybe look up on stuff that helps the liver regenterate itself. Me i have carried on regardless so far, but im looking and going to demand a scan. I am fighting not drinking but i have.

Two weeks ago my work mates husband died due to liver disease, it happened very much quickly than they thought, due to other complications due to fluid.

My uncle died of alocholism and my grandad dies of stoumach cancer due to drinking.

I am scared like u, but look into what u can help urself as there is things that may slow any process. You have nothing to lose in looking into things that may help ur liver.

Really sry your going through this, i know i could be on the same level but been ignorant of helping myself.

xxx
Old 09-06-2013, 01:57 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Im not doing as well as i was yesterday. I have tossed and turned all night i think the gravity of this news has just sunk in and i am so emotional and broken. I don't know wether to just give up and be done with it or prolong the agony . I am nauseated , but i think its stress. I have to get up and go to work now but i just want to put the covers over my head and make the world go away. Im terrified of what i may have to face , this is what terror feels like. Sorry, i am in a bad place today ;-(
Old 09-06-2013, 02:22 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I feel the need to stick right with you here.
I feel your pain and panic.
Don't despair it will get better.
I'm not very good at the pink and fluffy stuff when it comes to the illness we have.
I have seen the dire consequences once too often i suppose.
I have also witnessed the miracle of full recovery in hundreds.
Be one please.
Gx
Old 09-06-2013, 02:30 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Administrator

when are you seeing the Dr again Snoozy?

I look at it this way - drink again and you will have problems...
don't drink and you give yourself the best chance of a good recovery from all this

D
Old 09-06-2013, 02:31 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hang in there and stay with your doc appointments and see it through. Stay sober, care for yourself, and wait until you know more. You can do this.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:34 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Im having bloods done this morning Dee. Im not capable of working this morning , I'm a mess but i need to get up or i will wallow. I can honestly say to you that i have NEVER felt more terrified in my life like i do at this moment. I don't know how to pull myself together here.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:36 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

It doesn't matter what the doc says , in my mind , at this moment i am dying and there is no hope for me .
Old 09-06-2013, 02:36 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I would think it's natural to not sleep well and be worried and anxious again today, Snoozy. That's some heavy news you got yesterday. But we're here with you to see you through this thing. I like how your doctor is being proactive with an antidepressant. They do take a couple or three weeks to really kick in. But your support on SR is instantaneous! This is all going to get better, I feel very confident in saying. Hang in there until it does.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:41 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

There is hope for you. Stay here and keep posting. Hang in there. You will get through this scary time. You will get more information and a plan for better health.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:45 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Administrator

we're all with you today Snoozy

D
Old 09-06-2013, 02:46 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ View Post
It doesn't matter what the doc says , in my mind , at this moment i am dying and there is no hope for me .
********{Snoozy}}}}} please don't let those thoughts into to your head,its not helping you to have such negative thoughts. Try to get busy and keep your mind on something else. Maybe a walk in this beautiful spring weather we are having at the moment.Thinking of you.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:47 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Sorry you've had this news snoozy.I hope you use it to stay sober. The liver has a remarkable ability to repair itself to a point unless at the cirrhosis stage. If you stay stopped you're giving yourself the best chance. Please have hope and see your doc
  # 74 (permalink)  
Administrator

Snoozy, I think it's okay that the news is really sinking in, but you don't have to let it overwhelm you. It's important to accept the situation. By that I mean, denial and turning to alcohol, will not help you in this moment. Make a choice to do the best thing you can for yourself and stay sober.
  # 75 (permalink)  

I am so sorry you are terrified, but please do not give up!
Old 09-06-2013, 02:52 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

We are with you.
You are not alone.
I have been where you are.
Fatty liver, scarred and in my case jaundiced. So bloated that i couldn't see through the slits that were my eyes.
Wish i could send i pic just to show you that,
I am not that man now and i haven't taken alcohol since then.
Please don't drink and see this through.
It will be ok.
Gx
Old 09-06-2013, 02:56 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Snooze I know what it is like to feel almost physically incapable from fear.
Almost like your body has gone into shock.

You need to look after yourself.
Stay home, stay in bed, or confide in a friend. Are there any helpline telephone numbers you can ring to talk to someone?

Does anybody else know any they can post here?
Maybe AA, medical charities, a listening service, the samaritans?

I think you should treat yourself like you are in shock.
Drink something like hot sweet tea, keep comfortable, try to rest. Eat little and often, but don't worry if you cannot, sweet fluids are just as good.

If you need to get through this minute by minute. This is a situation drinking will not improve but talking and confiding will.

You will not feel like this forever.
As soon as yo have the results you can make plans.

Doctors and medics are there to prolong life, not judge, not criticise or refuse to help. They want to give their patients the best quality of life possible despite what caused our symptoms or illnesses. They want to try and give you the best possible news. No-one, doctor or not a doctor, wants to break bad news with no hope. They are human too like us.

You have done nothing to deserve this. It is the untreated disease we can suffer from that has led us to self medicate with alcohol. You deserve the same compassion, love and support as anyone else with a disease.

Worrying will not change the result, although I know this is easier said than done.

I promise, hand on heart, I will help you through this.
I promise, hand on heart, if you stay close to SR, you will make it through this awful time.

I wish you the best xxxx
Old 09-06-2013, 02:59 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Thanks all and Anna i have NO desire to drink again , i just don't know how to deal with these raw , distraught, emotions.its overwhelming. I am 100% sure , that after i have dealt with the fatty liver and pancreas ,it will show cirrhosis. Im finding it very hard to accept that this morning after seeing 2,0f my 3 beautiful daughters last night. Its more than i can besr.
Old 09-06-2013, 03:05 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Im sorry....I'm just going to bring people down if i stay and talk. I just don't know how to fix this, fix me , fix my head, my thoughts.
Old 09-06-2013, 03:07 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Administrator

Even if you did have cirrhosis, that's not necessarily a sentence in itself, Snoozy.
Like I said there are gradations...My grandfather had cirrhosis and died...at 96.

You simply don't know yet what you're dealing with.
Please do communicate your concerns to your Dr today - hopefully they can allay your fears.

D