Notices

weekenders 9 10 & 11th Aug 2013

Old 08-10-2013, 06:08 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Hi weekenders!

Home from our day with friends and exhausted, but feeling great. Really enjoyed the day catching up with old friends, watching our kids swim/play and doing all of the above sober! For once I don't think I missed drinking. My husband and friend drank 2 beers (never understood how someone could just drink 2 beers and be done?) and were ready for naps. Felt good to have energy and a clear head all day. I think this is the first Saturday in a very long time that I haven't struggled? Need to keep my guard up, though, because tomorrow could be very different.

Hope everyone else is feeling/staying strong and enjoying their weekends!
Old 08-10-2013, 07:09 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Rats. Fell victim to the dreaded "Saturday Late Afternoon Nap" in the hotel, you know the kind where you turn on CNN International and just lay on the bed, and the next thing you know you wake up and the sun is setting? Ha. I must say it was a deep and peaceful sleep though. Traveling tomorrow, big week ahead, should have no problems sleeping well again tonight. My back hurts a bit, craving some exercise tomorrow, but not restless at this point. Hope you all have a great Saturday night and a sunny Sunday morning.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:11 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

just checkin' in with half the weekend done and dusted

productive and mostly happy day

cheers everyone!

PRESS ON.

Old 08-10-2013, 08:47 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Hi Fellow Weekenders,

Wow, Ken, how awesome that you are our Founding Father for this thread! It is an amazing gift to so many of us. I know it got me through those first few weekends when I was barely hanging on by a...well, thread (heh)...and it is still something I look forward to every week.

Love, love seeing all those joining for the first time too.

I did take Friday off and spent the day in bed reading a trashy novel (I have to read 'intellectual material' all week for work so sometimes there's nothing like a good piece of smut to make one feel alive ). I haven't done something like that in ages so it was fun. Then went to a meeting and dinner with friends. Today I made five dozen cornbread muffins stuffed with bacon jam for a picnic tomorrow. I am telling you...these are to die for. It is a bit of a process making the jam but so, so worth it.

Anyway, tomorrow is a picnic at the beach on the Eastern Shore of Maryland and then, hopefully, an early night.

Will check in here tomorrow at some point.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Saturday and for those of you in the future...a wonderful Sunday!

Best wishes!!
Old 08-10-2013, 11:59 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Good sunday morning everyone ,

This human eh ? attachment runs strong , attachment to things, people, places, attitudes, ideas of this or that, ways of thinking , feelings both good or bad , atachment to alcohol , attachment to drugs , attachment to their effects .

Always chasing more , wanting more , not wanting to loose those things that gave us happiness at some time in the past , desperately clinging on , unaccepting of those things changing ... denyal founded from sentimentality ...

*ring ring*

m
Old 08-11-2013, 12:51 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Its great waking up Sunday morning feeling good, 1 week ago I was like a piece of sh##. I didn't have a sober Saturday in a while, good also to find your wallet with money in it after a Saturday night.
Old 08-11-2013, 04:51 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Good Morning Friends,
I finally broke my insomnia last night. Wandered in to bed like a zombie at 8pm and slept 10 hours. Has anyone seen the movie, "Insomnia", with Robin Williams and Al Pacino? Awesome movie, but I've been acting it out lately. lol

In the afternoon made some tasty Greek chicken on the grill. I overcooked it a bit, but not bad for a dude who usually massacres chicken.

Today is "get my sh** together" day. I still have undone things lingering from months ago. Business and personal. Procrastination is still a big issue for me.

fifth and everyone, so glad to hear about your sober days. This thread continues to inspire and give me hope.

Yours,
Cas
Old 08-11-2013, 05:03 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

I am loving reading about everyone's weekend!

This is day 5 for me - first weekend in years I woke up on a Saturday and Sunday without a hangover. It felt great! Been spending time with my two kids, trying to reconnect after blowing so much of their childhood in a bottle. We rode bikes, cooked together and played cards. It's kinda sorta makes me sad that no matter how negligent I'd been they are still so eager to be loved and have my attention.

Anyway. We decided to make the three hour drive to where my husband is overnighting for work and we're in a hotel getting a very early start on our day. I promised to take them to breakfast for pancakes before hitting the beach at sunrise.

I haven't much missed drinking yet. Has anyone else had that experience? Like yo knew you were done? And you really were? (Kind of worried that I'm being set up for horrifying failure.)
Old 08-11-2013, 05:22 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

LOVE THE WEEKENDERS PAGE!!!!!

My first weekend of sobriety. I have so much time, I don't know what to do with myself with all this non-drinking time. Guess I can start that " should've, could've, would've" list that's been lingering fir over a decade lol

Congrats to you all for staying strong, honest & open!
I can't tell you how grateful I am to have found SR & you!
Stacia
Old 08-11-2013, 05:43 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

you don't have to do this alone... there's strength in numbers

Originally Posted by mecanix View Post
Good sunday morning everyone ,

This human eh ? attachment runs strong , attachment to things, people, places, attitudes, ideas of this or that, ways of thinking , feelings both good or bad , atachment to alcohol , attachment to drugs , attachment to their effects .

Always chasing more , wanting more , not wanting to loose those things that gave us happiness at some time in the past , desperately clinging on , unaccepting of those things changing ... denyal founded from sentimentality ...

*ring ring*

m
* ring ring @ Happy Feet
* ring ring @ hail

I can so relate , change is so hard

Day 8 , yesterday was a good day but did I really enjoy it ? Every time I pulled my wallet out , it felt like my heart was being ripped out. This money I used to set aside for drugs
Enjoyment is something I'm relearning. I was sad all day and on edge even though I was doing things I used to enjoy. My comfort zone has been drugging and the aftermath that came with it. I'll relearn I guess , it'll take some time

Here's to a sober Sunday to all

Tr
Old 08-11-2013, 06:14 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

* ring ring * @ shellbellz
* ring ring * @ nobiggie
* ring ring * @ stacia lives

How is the weekend going ?
Old 08-11-2013, 06:32 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Great trikyriky thanks for the ring lol

Already looking forward to next weekend of sobriety!!
How is your weekend?
Old 08-11-2013, 06:42 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Originally Posted by stacia lives View Post
Great trikyriky thanks for the ring lol

Already looking forward to next weekend of sobriety!!
How is your weekend?
It's good , really good

I went fishing yesterday and today , time with my grankids

Tr
Old 08-11-2013, 07:22 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nobiggie View Post
I haven't much missed drinking yet. Has anyone else had that experience? Like yo knew you were done? And you really were? (Kind of worried that I'm being set up for horrifying failure.)
Hi nobiggie, so glad you are here with us this weekend! I did not miss drinking at all for the first several weeks after I got through the physical part. By the time I quit, I had made such a mess of so many things, including my health, I was just...done. So, yes, hear you on just being done.

My issues arose around things like habitual drinking times (which, really, was just about any time in the end) or activities that I couldn't associate without a drink. Those took longer to get over and I had to dedicate myself to seriously retraining my brain. And finding alternate activities.

Setting yourself up for failure? Don't know but I think anyone here will tell you not to get complacent. To have some sort of plan. Whether that be just checking in here daily, a program of recovery, counseling, or whatever...just have some sort of plan in place for the times when it gets tough. That's the best assurance of steady recovery.

Have a wonderful Sunday!!
Old 08-11-2013, 09:32 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!

Day 10 and another hangover-free Sunday! Love it It is so encouraging to come on here and see everyone doing well and staying strong. There is one liquor store that is open now on Sundays from noon till 5 and I was so excited when they started having Sunday hours, but now I hate it Just gives AV a reason to bug me. Not blowing 10 days, though. For what? To have to sneak sips up in the bedroom all day while everyone else enjoys the beautiful weather? Not to mention how crappy I would feel tomorrow morning. Just not worth it anymore and it is a relief to have finally come to this realization. Even if it is only for today. We only have to worry about today, right?

Hope you are all enjoying your Sundays
Old 08-11-2013, 10:30 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Ok... So today's menu

Artichokes and pearl onions as a bed to lay chicken breasts with goat cheese under the skin and olive oil on top to make it crispy... A dash of salt and pepper... A bit of rosemary... Just a little... And an hour in the oven. I am thinking tasty.

Hope everyone is doing well today. If you are not the fact you are reading this means you will be.

I have read many a post dead drunk hoping and wishing..... It was the doing that made it right. Do!
Old 08-11-2013, 10:56 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Before I go to bed I wanted to thank each one of you for you posts, for your company, for you time and for your thanks to my posts. Thanks to you I finally passed a sober weekend, see you all next weekend on this thread, meanwhile we'll enjoy each other on other threads. Good night all, may all you higher power bless you.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:08 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Hey evry1. Having an awesome weekend so far. Yesterday swimming with grndkids at company get 2gthr. Some pple were drinking, but it didn't even bother me. Had 2 much fun in the pool wth kids. 2day am wlk with dog, Mom and grndson. Jst got done with 3 mile run on tmill. Not mch else 2day except catchn up on chores, and relaxing later with some movies. Think I'm finally going to make this weekend! Hurray! Hope evry1 else is doing gr8t!
Old 08-11-2013, 01:24 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Hi all, I've been trying to check in all day but someone or something seems to have got in the way, not that I'm complaining

My weekend has been a mixture of torture and happiness, again I came so close to giving in and having a drink last night but I managed to push through it.

It's been 11 weeks since my last drink and I really need to put the effort into to recovery and try to find ways, possibly an interest to keep my mind focused on remaining sober.

Thank you all for sharing your weekend, your post have helped me know end xx
Old 08-11-2013, 04:37 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Thanks for a great weekend!