Notices

weekenders 9 10 & 11th Aug 2013

Old 08-09-2013, 02:14 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Thank you all so much for your support, it shocked me how in a split second all my thinking changed.

My poor son looked as tired and fed up as me, so I pulled myself together and I found a film for us to watch..... Death at a funeral, he's only 10 and found it absolutely hilarious and with all the swearing he could not believe I allowed him to watch it, towards the end of the film he said "I love you mum" I nearly cried and thought about what I was almost prepared to give up to get what I selfishly wanted.

I really don't know how I'm going to survive, my husband still living in my old life and me desperate for a different future.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:18 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Pa**ot Momma

Count me, also working through that 5th and 6th day!
Old 08-09-2013, 02:29 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

you don't have to do this alone... there's strength in numbers

Originally Posted by bitmap View Post
Count me, also working through that 5th and 6th day!
Acounted for , you bet.

The more the merrier

Welcome and here's to day 5 & 6

Old 08-09-2013, 02:33 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

I'm in! Thanks for this thread M and thanks everyone else for your posts. You guys help keep me sober!

Going to hit up a meeting each on Saturday and Sunday. Then I don't know what else I'll be doing because I'm going through one of my "I'm ugly, fat and weird - don't look at me!" phases. One of my peeps has invited me on a picnic and boat trip on Sunday, which sounds fun but I'll have to find out what time it is. The alternative is rounders/softball in the park, but I don't do running in public at the best of times, least of all when I'm having a body-hatin' episode.

Here's to a sober weekend everyone! You will do it and it will be awesome!
Old 08-09-2013, 04:22 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Ok count me in. Flubbed it up last weekend, but I'm on a roll and determined 2 make it thru this 1.Ring Ring me in!
Old 08-09-2013, 04:29 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Allow me

* ring ring * @ bitmap
* ring ring * @ raja12

Hey (m) you don't mind do you
Old 08-09-2013, 04:46 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

The weekend thread really is a great support; thank you all and a big thanks to Mecanix! Did a mini relocation tonight to my bf house as he lives a distance from my old drinking establishments and he won't be back from a golf tournament until quite late. While I love the Fall in VT my alcoholic thinking is telling me I need to cram in the last of the summer and have a big blow out before I return to my teaching job. Instead I ate healthy pizza and no-sugar ice cream. My Patriot's have a preseason game so I'm happy to be in and in front of the tv! Stay strong on this sober Friday everyone!
Old 08-09-2013, 05:51 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Helloooo Weekenders! M, thanks again for firing up the thread. A big ring-ring to the crew:

Coldfusion - Don't work too hard and may you keep strong during island party time
Ptcapote - Hope you a had a peaceful day off
theMiz - Thanks for the reminder that I need to get my lazy butt moving and get some exercise
LuLu13 - Have fun with your daughter and your pups
Ken - Enjoy your open weekend
earthsteps - a big howdy back at ya
Rubyx - Courage to you when others around you are drinking. Hang tough!
Dorris - Your story about movie night with your son completely made my week. ty hug
trikyriky - Have fun working on your vehicle. I wish I had those skills!
Ohta - Hope your pup feels better. They are family. And I just might have to move to Seattle now that the word is out. lol
gatorgirl67 - Stay close this weekend. You can do this. We'll be right here with you
Ladybug2 - Day 8? That is awesome!! Have fun seeing your old pals
439trish - I want this sober weekend, too. :-)
Eleni58 - All my hopes that you find employment soon. Go Pack! at least until they have to meet my Vikes lol
ReadyAtLast - Glad you are back on the weekenders thread. I'm also soooo looking forward to a clear head on Saturday morning
Serenity1972 - Sending power vibes to you for a sober weekend. We can do this together
RiverFriend - Big congrats on day 2! Have fun at the softball games and may the foxes be totally foiled by your chicken coop
LDT - Have fun at the wedding and enjoy your "Breaking Bad" weekend. That show rocks
GhostFace - Peace to you while you "introspect". I'm deep in the middle of that too now
bigs - Peace to you while you are away from home. Traveling is tough, but it sounds like you are carving out some healthy space for you
Pamel - Way to go on days 5 and 6! This sober weekend is all yours. You've got this.
Louise82 - Glad to hear that you are working the meetings. Enjoy your picnic or rounders. I'm kind of curious now if it's just like American softball
raja12 - ring, ring! Please post like crazy if the cravings hit you. Pulling for you.
soberclover - Indeed, the weekend thread has been a big help. Go Pats!

Sorry about the windy post. I was really touched by Mizzuno's big effort to shout out to everybody last weekend. :-)

Cheers,
Cas
Old 08-09-2013, 05:59 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Smile

Old 08-09-2013, 08:04 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

hi all!
Day 9 and excited for the sober Saturday in my future!!

XOXO
Old 08-09-2013, 08:23 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Originally Posted by Legs21 View Post
the sober Saturday in my future.
Wecome and congratulations

9 days is Awesome
Old 08-09-2013, 08:29 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I'm going to stack firewood this weekend. It's very Zen (do you buy that?). I'm also going to a music festival and having dinner with friends. If I had been drinking/using I doubt I would have gotten off the couch.

Here's to sobriety ... Here's to all you wonderful people. Have a wonderful weekend
Old 08-09-2013, 08:50 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Morning all ,
Fell asleep at 9pm last night , so no probs with you ringing in the changes Ricky. Anyone feel free

Once we hit the submit button these things have a life of their own ..

Hope australia and NZ are having a good sat afternoon and SD a good friday night .. 5 am here ,have just woken up so time for coffee

m
Old 08-09-2013, 08:59 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

* ring ring * @ Bruce292
* ring ring * @ cascademn
* ring ring * @ Legs 21

Good morning ( m )

Nighty night here

Friday night is history

Day 8 Dead Ahead
Old 08-09-2013, 09:03 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Sobriety suits you ricky ,

I hope you sleep well , m
Old 08-09-2013, 09:13 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

439trish thank you for your post. Here I was about to whine about being a little lonely but your straightforward comment put things in perspective for me. If I do nothing but stay sober ive had a darn good weekend and ive achieved something. Now I do intend on doing a little more than nothing tho lol.. gym, laundry, reading, healthy eating, maybe a hike with my dad, cleaning, church & a meeting! Woohoo sober weekend!
Old 08-09-2013, 11:34 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Happy sober Saturday
Old 08-09-2013, 11:53 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

*Ring Ring*
Attached Images
File Type: gif
Bike.gif (7.6 KB, 36 views)
Old 08-10-2013, 12:22 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

I'm in, I'm in.....Wh00p Wh00p to a sober weekend!!!!!!!

Thank you for the thread, Mecanix (hug) - its my first time joining a weekend thread and it is great to read and share and learn.

Tomorrow is 1 month sober for me (the first month in 16 years!). I certainly didn't anticipate the whirlwind of change! SR has been great in helping me to gain perspective! I also recently got a therapist so that is good.

A lot of FIRSTS this month!

This weekend, I am going to snuggle up and read a book "To Kill a Mockingbird" My friend has been asking me to read if for ages! And the rainy weather is perfect for this.

I am also going to clean house - something that has been difficult for me to do this month. But today, I feel in a good space to get really stuck in.

I am also going to do a lot of writing, learn some new songs on guitar and spend quality time with my kids and hubby.

And oh yes, and OBVIOUSLY .... shell will be in SR chat and forums hanging out with the most amazing people in the world!

Hugs
Shell
Old 08-10-2013, 12:41 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Congrats on your month Shellbelz