Notices

weekenders 9 10 & 11th Aug 2013

Old 08-09-2013, 10:29 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks for the thread Mecanix

I've not been on a weekend thread for a while. This weekend I'm taking junior RAL and a friend to a soft play centre. Something I could not and would not have done if I was still drinking.

Oh I have to post my favourite comment for any newcomers reading I always cherish waking up every morning sober but Saturdays are particularly special as I was always VERY drunk Friday nights. Waking up on sober Saturday with the whole weekend ahead of me still feels special after 8months and I hope it always will do

Happy sober weekend everyone
Old 08-09-2013, 10:30 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 439trish View Post
I am in, I want nothing more out of this weekend than to be sober.

trudging the happy road to sobriety, trish
You can do it Trish
Old 08-09-2013, 10:55 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Just getting ready for work.

My workplace is hosting a big party first thing today with "beer mosa's" (beer and orange juice). And this weekend there is a festival on this side of the island--an even bigger party for about 1600.

I'm glad I'm solid in my sobriety, it makes everything so much easier!

Thanks for hanging out here Riky and all--best wishesl for a great weekend!
Old 08-09-2013, 11:02 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
Waking up on sober Saturday with the whole weekend ahead of me still feels special after 8months and I hope it always will do

Happy sober weekend everyone
Shhhhh Don't tell them about monday mornings filled with quite confidence and going out to face the week truely refreshed

m
Old 08-09-2013, 11:07 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trikyriky View Post
Oh yes , it's time for us in the states to cheer for our greats

6 time Super Bowl champions

Here we go " Steelers " Here we go
Go Steelers! They are my favorite team too, Riky
Old 08-09-2013, 11:14 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hello All,

I am glad I found this thread as I am going to need it this weekend. I haven't had a sober weekend is way too many embarrassing years. I am bound and determined to wake up sober tomorrow. I know the feeling of waking up hung over every weekend and I know the feeling of waking up sober every weekday. I just have to keep myself in check to get through the hump to a sober Saturday morning. I am actually looking forward to it.

I have a full weekend ahead of me and I am so grateful for that as it will keep me busy. I need to stay busy for this to work.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:15 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Nice to have some of the newcomers hanging about on the happening weekend thread

Glad to have you along on the journey ,

*ring ring* @ theMiz
*ring ring* @ rubyx
*ring ring* @ gatorgirl
*ring ring* @ 439trish
*ring ring* @ serenity1972

Dorris , lulu , trickyricky , otha , weasel , ladybug , earthsteps , Ptcapote, coldfusion , Eleni58 , RAL , *ring ring*
Old 08-09-2013, 11:36 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Starting Day 2......mens meeting tomorrow morning, practice for an AA softball tournament, chicken coop building, practice with non-aa softball team, Sunday night meeting and finding a new sponsor that's closer to where I live.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:52 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
LDT

I'll jump on the sober weekend thread if you don't mind. Our plans are to attend a wedding tonight, and for the first time in a LONG time I am not at all afraid of the reception. Feeling strong! Sunday starts with church and then a 'Breaking Bad' marathon on TV. We will cook good food, swim a little, fetch the dog........ And just BE!

Stay strong friends! If you're early in recovery and are having a tough time this weekend, feel free to PM as well as post.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:58 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Weekend is always the toughest for me. What do I have planned?

Gym, reading and even more planning on how to react when my triggers hit and what to do in that event. Im also working in re-designing myself asking myself "what habits i need to build?", "what person do i need to become?". I feel like drinking took alot from me and with sobriety, its like im re-born learning to live again.

So It's looking like a productive week for me.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:01 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LDT View Post
Sunday starts with church and then a 'Breaking Bad' marathon on TV. We will cook good food, swim a little, fetch the dog........ And just BE!

'Breaking Bad' marathon! I think my plans have just changed!
Old 08-09-2013, 12:17 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I hate how quickly our moods change, I was so happy looking forward to the weekend. at 5.30 I found out every one including my husband was going to the pub I was still doing ok until about 6.30 when I seen my friend walking past with others all ready for a night out.

Arrrrhhhh I was stabbed with anger and feel like I'm missing out I know I will feel like this until I go to sleep or until my drunken husband comes home.

I feel so bad for my son because I promised him movies and snack and all I want to do is be alone
Old 08-09-2013, 12:22 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Dorris, have the movies and snack with your son! You may just find out that the time with him is more rewarding and fulfilling than drinking yourself into oblivion.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:29 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Dorris ,
I have a sobriety fund , some of the money i've saved from not drinking . I am alowed to spend it without guilt upon myself , truely a "gift" from my sobriety

The pub only holds the same old people doing the same old things .

I am an early bird nothing i love more than being up with the larks drinking coffee outside on a new morning , even tired old london air can small beutiful then .

Remember all the bad things drinking gives you , and how your son wont be young forever thinking that films with mum are "the" thing to do on a friday night .. alcohol will take that away from you and him .....

Stay strong , m
Old 08-09-2013, 12:36 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

*ring ring

Dorris, you know what's going on at that pub! You've seen it a million times, and it never changes...you are moving ON. Feel proud of yourself, expanding your horizons.

As for me, another weekend in a hotel, this time by the airport - yeeps. I don't mind hotels so much when I'm downtown, but this is a little depressing. No matter, still took the train into the city today, shopped for some food so I don't eat junk at the hotel, and stopped for a coffee. Back out here now, watching some news and updating some web stuff that's been neglected all week. Hope all's well with everyone.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:42 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dorris View Post
I hate how quickly our moods change, I was so happy looking forward to the weekend. at 5.30 I found out every one including my husband was going to the pub I was still doing ok until about 6.30 when I seen my friend walking past with others all ready for a night out.

Arrrrhhhh I was stabbed with anger and feel like I'm missing out I know I will feel like this until I go to sleep or until my drunken husband comes home.

I feel so bad for my son because I promised him movies and snack and all I want to do is be alone
I've been there Dorris - missing the old Friday night Happy Hour ..... and feeling like the kid who was grounded and couldn't go. Just remember how good you will feel tomorrow morning when everyone else is hungover and miserable. Enjoy that movie and snack (hopefully something bad for you and yummy) with your son. That will be a much better memory for you than sitting in a pub
Old 08-09-2013, 12:45 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I am in for the weekend, hoping for days 5 and 6.

Dorris, think about how good you will feel in the morning when you didn't drink tonight. I NEVER have a day when I say "I wish I had that drink yesterday."
Old 08-09-2013, 12:48 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

*ring ring* @ Pamel
*ring ring* @ bigsombrero
Old 08-09-2013, 12:50 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Good to see you Pamel Great job on 4 days! Just think, if you can make it through the weekend you will wake up on Monday to Day 7!
Old 08-09-2013, 02:02 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Dorris : You can turn this around . Enjoy time with your son . You won't regret it...I promise and you won't be hungover . The bonus being you get to feel terrific tomorrow and as a double bonus , you can enjoy watching hubby suffer thru his hangover. Hee hee heee.

Tr