Notices

weekenders 9 10 & 11th Aug 2013

Old 08-10-2013, 01:14 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

This is my first Saturday sober in a while, its 10.15am and I'm fighting. All of your threads/posts are helping me lot.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:22 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Morning fifth ,

*ring ring* @ you .. Great to know the threads are helping ..

I bought a games machine (x-box) when i got sober to help give me something to focus on ... 23 months on i have very strong thumbs now

m
Old 08-10-2013, 01:27 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

well done mecanix for your achivment. I have a ps3 and a wii which either of both I haven't turn on for a while, must be the time to put in back the plug
Old 08-10-2013, 01:47 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Originally Posted by fifth View Post
well done mecanix for your achivment. I have a ps3 and a wii which either of both I haven't turn on for a while, must be the time to put in back the plug
Well the games are something to do in the quite times when otherwise i used to find myself pacing around the house only thinking about one thing .

SR has been important as well , both as a newcomer and someone who's hung round a bit and now and gets taught / reminded how a drinking life was by the new people .

Bestwishes, m
Old 08-10-2013, 05:21 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Made it through last night. Waking up sober this morning has been a blessing. I have my long list of things to do today to keep the ugly AV at bay. I just got to get through today which will be more difficult than yesterday since I am home all day. I am up for the challenge.

Congrat to all of you who have remained sober.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:04 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Happy Saturday everyone!

Day 9 and on our way up to visit friends for the day. They live about an hour north of us and the drive is beautiful. So glad I can enjoy it instead of being nauseas, dehydrated and hungover. I do not miss that feeling.

Hubby will probably have a few beers/cigars with his friend so I will plan on driving home (keeps AV away at least). It is actually nice to get away for the day. Sometimes just being at home on the weekends is a trigger ....

Hope everyone is doing well, kicking that AV to the curb, and enjoying their sober weekend! Keep it up all
Old 08-10-2013, 08:27 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Good Morning Weekenders,
Great chat meeting last night. It's really meaningful hearing people's recovery experiences. Keeps me from getting tunnel vision.

fifth, my ps3 has been a good diversion. I don't game much anymore, but I like the Netflix streaming app. Very handy.

Shell, good to see you on here. So happy about your 1 month. I know how much work that is. Hard to explain to people who aren't in recovery how much focus that takes. BTW, To Kill a Mockingbird is one of our great novels. A favorite of mine. Enjoy and I look forward to hearing your impressions. hugs

Guitar group meets today to practice for our next nursing home gig. I'm a little worried about one of my mates in the group. He goes dark sometimes and we can't get a hold of him. He's told me these times are beer and pot benders. I've opened up to him about my condition and left the door open to talk. That's all I can do I guess. He's one of the best classical guitarists I've met here. An amazing talent with a heart of gold, but a very sad man.

Peace,
Cas
Old 08-10-2013, 08:34 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Weekend is going well so far. 34 days sober today. Feeling a lot better about myself than I did yesterday!

cascademn - from what I can remember from my school days, in rounders, someone throws the ball to you, you hit it and have to run from base to base. If someone hits the base you're running towards, you're out. If you run round all the bases in one go, that's a "rounder". So yeah, that's pretty similar to softball/baseball, isn't it? The lady who invited me lived in the States for several years, so I think that's why she referred to it as rounders/softball, lol.

Anyway, I think I will go to the rounders tomorrow, because I've been assured that I can just sit on the sidelines and cheer instead of actually taking part!
Old 08-10-2013, 10:01 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Hey every1. I made it thru last pm well. 2 more to go, then I can truly feel I've accomplished what I set out to do last weekend with staying sober. Woke up feeling good, and already have got a lot done. Hope its going great for evry1 else too.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:01 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Heeelllooo weeekkkendddeeerrsss!

The last two weeks this thread has blown up!

A little history on the weekend sober thread. The first one in this long string of weekend threads was started last January 21st by myself in order to get through a weekend. I could never seem to get that done.

Today with the months of help on weekends from kind people here .... I am sober and happy to see every week this thread help people just like me!

*Ring Ring* everyone!

Ken
Old 08-10-2013, 11:15 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hey Ken,
You are the man. Our "Founding Father". Hope you are having a most excellent day.
Cheers,
Cas
Old 08-10-2013, 11:29 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

WE'll get through WEkends the WEasly WEy , WE hoo ..

m
Old 08-10-2013, 11:32 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

That's awesome M! I can honestly say there is no way I could do this if there was not a we in this.

Thank you to everyone here for all the help.

Ken
Old 08-10-2013, 11:36 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Sounds lame but I'm just now putting up my pop-up camper for the first time this summer. I don't have plans for camping per se as I have my son full time for now and he can't stand camping (not sure how we are related but it happens!). I have it at my bf's house as he lives out of town and has the land. I'm loving the breeze as it is a sunny day in VT. I was able to put it up myself this year; amazing what one can do when one doesn't have a wine buzz going on.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:46 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Soberclover is a pop up camper, a tent ? a vehicle with a pop up roof what i'd know as a camper-van ? or an irrepressible man with an outré attitude ?

I'm guessing it's the tent .

m
Old 08-10-2013, 12:35 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Thats awesome weasel thanks for the thread!

Day 12, ate healthy, did laundry, reading, and got a nice tv marathon going
Old 08-10-2013, 12:43 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Love the weekend thread!!!!
Old 08-10-2013, 12:56 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Jumping in to join all the weekenders.

Woke up early (4:30) drank too much coffe, washed the grey out of my hair and hit an 8:00am meeting! And then worked on my step four, Took an hour nap and now waiting for my new washer to be delivered. Going to throw London broil on the grill and then watch oblivion with my daughter. She loves Tom Cruise.

Tomorrow my sponsor is speaking so will be going with her bright and the just going to veg. Thisnwill get me thru days 74 & 75!

Hope every one has a great sober weekend.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:53 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

*ring ring* day 10 for me. Went to my folks house with the kids for swimming and sandwiches. Tired for sure. Looking forward to day 11.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:58 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Too funny Mecanix! A pop-up camper is something you tow behind a truck/vehicle that you crank up/pop-up, pull the ends out (which are the beds...I have a double and a king) and it also has a table/sitting area (very small) and a bunch of storage and a smallish sink and fridge. It is a glorified tent! I was a hard core sleep on the ground tenting person but I had a child and he escaped from the tent...I then bought the camper so I could lock him in at night!