Notices

Trying to stay sober this weekend? Check in here!

Old 01-18-2013, 04:35 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

I am going to start a new fresh one for this weekend. Yes it is tough! But not is we stick together and help each other!

Ken
Old 01-18-2013, 05:28 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

I'm real excited to start this weekend.

What do you guys have planned in order to survive this sobriety journey? I'm thinking of exercising, reading a book and maybe go to a nice restaurant to celebrate my 17 day sober.

What you guys think?
Old 01-18-2013, 06:03 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Weekends are mine too and this one is harder than most

snowed in more or less - - extra day off - - and home alone oh dear normally a ticket for disaster.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:34 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Hi SR friends. Can't believe Saturday is almost gone, I didn't get much done today. But I didn't do the next wrong thing, so I'm happy about that. Hope everyone is having a good weekend!
Old 01-19-2013, 04:19 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

today is day 6 for me and I feel great, but my main problem is boredom. I drink to eliminate boredom. I have to learn and deal with being bored I guess but I am going to give it my best...Good luck to all of us...stay sober.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:53 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

goingtoquit - That was my biggest problem too.

I've got nothing going on tonight. Hubs is locked up in the bedroom sick. This would be a night I would go all wine-o but I'm going to bust open a new box of tea and go to town. The wine did cross my mind already and dammit I've got to go to the store but there will be no wine purchased!!!
Old 01-19-2013, 05:44 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Yea! Day 7, still sober! No plans for the nite, at home with hubby watching TV. Hope everyone is having a good evening.
Old 01-19-2013, 05:51 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

congrats, keep up the good work...day 6 for me yay
Old 01-19-2013, 06:08 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

I made it back from the grocery store wine free!! WOOT WOOT! There is no alcohol in my house so I'm home free tonight! Maybe I'll make some banana nut muffins....I'm wild!
Old 01-19-2013, 06:11 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Great job peace! Have a great night... I am heading to watch TV in bed and relax for the rest of the evening.

Glad you made it!
Old 01-19-2013, 06:29 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

weekend number 2

Hey folks. Working day 11 here. This is my second weekend. Worked a ton today (and all last week). I'll probably do the same tomorrow, but a free Sunday could be dangerous for me. In a flash my BigBrain (aka AV) could snap my resolve at any moment. I just received the book "Sober Living" a couple days ago and it seems to help when I just periodically pick this up and read a chapter or two. I have relapsed many time before. I think I'll try to concentrate on work once again tomorrow. Maybe cook a nice meal. Good luck to us all.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:14 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Hey chain, this is my second weekend too. I have two copies of Sober Living, haven't read either one! Maybe I'll crack that open instead of something else. Only a little bit of weekend left!
Old 01-25-2013, 03:22 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Anyone up for a sober weekend? It'll be fun. Well, at least I want to remember it, stop procrastinating, and get some stuff done I've been putting off.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:30 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

This is a great thread, and I am going to try for a sober weekend. No...let's make that: "I am going to DO a sober weekend.

I have had several "day ones" and have decreased alcohol substantially in between but can't seem to make the symptoms go away: mostly foggy brain and, oddly, if I "think" about drinking I seem to get shaky. Can just the thought do that? ...or is that the brain's way of saying "don't do it"?
Old 01-25-2013, 03:35 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  
lillyknitting

I've got no problem with staying sober. I don't want to drink. I don't want to poison myself any more. I'm quite happy staying in. I've got a wonderful hobby, two beautiful doggies, love a bit of Telly. No, my problem occurs when friends go out, invite me out, all they want to do it sit an drink round someone's house then go down the pub. Boring. So my problem is I suppose lack of people to go out with who don't just want to sit in a pub all night poring wine down their necks!!!! Any comments would be welcome x
Old 01-25-2013, 03:37 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

I will be doing taxes and relaxing this weekend. Dinner out tonight and dinner at sober friends tomorrow.

I always like a Sunday project... More canning I think! Maybe do pickles this time. Also want to make osso buco this weekend!
Old 01-25-2013, 03:52 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  
xuse

Here
Old 01-25-2013, 04:09 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

I am in and ready for a good weekend, Sunday will be 3 weeks.

Big concern is the following weekend, Superbowl weekend, my AV has kicked in planning that one for me. Looks like I will be watching on my own to be safe.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:24 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Anyone else trying for the first sober weekend?
Old 01-25-2013, 04:35 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Weasel - osso buco - yum!!!

Count me in for a sober weekend. Today is my birthday and I'm going out for dinner tonight with my husband. Looking forward to actually remembering the evening and not having it end in an argument because I drank too much, and not waking up hungover tomorrow and ruining the rest of the weekend feeling lousy. Plus I noticed he left a receipt from a bakery on the counter the other day, so I know he's going to surprise me with something delicious for dessert!

Lilly, I notice at least with some of my friends, we'd go out for drinks because no one put any effort into trying to think of something else to do. Do you think they'd be open to another idea - if you said hey let's go bowling/to a museum/shopping/out for ice cream, or anything else you might enjoy doing with them? Sometimes "let's go out for drinks" is just comfortable but if you suggest something else they might be up for a different activity?