Notices

Trying to stay sober this weekend? Check in here!

Old 01-26-2013, 01:02 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

So I head to the store for a snack and kill some of the dead afternoon time. Getting ready for dinner at a sober friends later.

So I hear this boisterous guy in the next line... The rather annoying type. Then leaving the store he's trying to make conversation with everyone.

And then I smell it.... Yes it. He had to be drunk.

I cheerfully got in the car and home.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:17 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Ahh yes. I never noticed it on someone else if I'd had 1 (or 10). But man, when you're sober, it reeks all around them!
Old 01-26-2013, 03:47 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Smelling the booze is disgusting. I have also been smelling cigarettes on people alot since I've quit. The combo of the two is quite unpleasant. I can't believe I ever smelled like that...so gross. Now, I get constant compliments on smelling good. I have always worn Chanel Madmoiselle, but I never got complimented before. Chanel doesn't mix well with Marlboro and Budweiser. Blech.

Today I channeled Bettie Page! I went to a Burlesque workshop and learned the art of Burlesque Dancing. It was so fun. I'm fascinated with the era...and anything pin-up. Now...where to showcase my newly mastered talent of pasty tassle twirling...LMAO
Old 01-27-2013, 12:12 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Hooray! It's Sunday morning and I got through Saturday sober! It was tricky at some points because I really wanted to go to the pub or pick up some tins from the store. i also wanted to smoke but I know that smoking and drinking are inextricably linked in my mind.

You guys were talking about the smell of them. You're right - it's yuck. I have been cleaning everything in my home to try to get rid of the cigarette smell. It's not gone yet but it's a whole lot better than it was.

Going to church this morning and having lunch with some of the people there. Then I plan to go to meet a friend who's doing a PHD and run through some research with him.

Another friend suggested i join him for a gig tonight but I think it will be a boozy environment and i don't want it.

If I can get through tonight sober and without smoking, I'll be in a good place to start the week. I'll pray about it in church.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:43 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Endless.... I have faith in you! This will be a perfect weekend.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:45 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Ok... I made half sour pickles yesterday. They are still fermenting but I had to make sure the batch was ok taste wise... Wow... I think I have a winner here!

Relaxing and not a lot to do today. Usually would be an omen. Nope. I want my sobriety.

K
Old 01-27-2013, 04:47 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

It's Sunday morning here, most of the tough moments of the weekend are gone, but one tradition I have is picking up booze on my way home from my part time job at around 7 (tonight). I've gotten around that only a few times, so I know it will be tempting. Thanks for being here.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:50 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Sober1ck we are here. Let us know at about 7:30 how you are.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:52 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Sunday afternoon here , am just off down the shop to get the ingredients for red lentil soup , if i can remeber ...might have to make it up !

good day to you , M
Old 01-27-2013, 04:56 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Hey M ... Osso buco on tape here. Never made it before.

Making it up is sometimes much better!

K
Old 01-27-2013, 05:00 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Good morning sober Sunday!
Had a great restful sleep. Making ham/egg cup and a spinach-potato pancake for breakfast.
Ham/egg cup is simple google recipe.Dr.Praeger spinach pancakes any local frozen section,(try kosher or vegetarian).
Old 01-27-2013, 10:22 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

I am angry today. I really don't do anger very well. I am the target of another persons wrath. It sucks. I don't want to drink or cry. I want to communicate and resolve the issue. To me, just getting pissed and staying there is, well, stupid. Drinking has always been the the place I go to. Throw my hands up in the air and just get good and drunk. How f-ing helpful is that? So, how do I maintain positivity?. I am pretty good at detachment but not when it is in my face in my space no escape. F- me runnin. Havent a clue. Sure hate being here.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:13 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Hey, Escapist hang in there.

It's now 7pm Sunday night and I made it so far. Went to church in the afternoon and a museum this evening. Well tempted to smoke but I know if I give an inch on that one the bottle's likely to follow. Feeling upbeat at warm now. Will take an early night soon with a view to getting up bright and early tomorrow. How's everyone else doing?
Old 01-27-2013, 12:07 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  
Can't pin this butterfly down

Day 2

Checking in on day 2 after a long period of sobriety. I want to say sobriety lost, but i learned from it, so it is not lost. Yay Sober Sunday......Sunshining here in NY. That is always a good sign in January
Old 01-27-2013, 01:24 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Well done, Juniper. Two days is a great start. You know we wouldn't be posting here if it wasn't a struggle. Seriously, last weekend I just couldn't conceive of getting 24 hours in a row and thought my whole concept of recovery was a waste of time and I might as well give up. But you know what? I've made it! Friday, Saturday, Sunday.... SOBER!! I've done a lot of good things and I feel happy and grateful. It's 9.30pm here guys and I'm going to bed. For the rest of you facing a sober Sunday and wondering if you can make it... I'm counting on you. Please check in before you go to bed or when you wake up on Monday.

Let's do it again next weekend, shall we? Together we can be strong.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:23 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

well...the weekend is coming to a close for me and day 7. my first alcohol free weekend since who knows. But feeling good.

See you folks on the other threads and for next friday's "weekend sober thread"
Old 01-27-2013, 06:34 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Checking in... made it home from my gig without stopping for booze. The weather is miserable, I'm tired... even though there are a few hours left... looks like I made it! Not going anywhere, no booze in the house. Whew.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:08 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Well done guys. Seems like most of us made it through! Monday morning here in London and I am soooooo grateful not to have a hangover. It's going to be a good week. Let's support each other next weekend, too.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:34 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

With the weekend now in the history books I need to focus on a single day at a time. It's been a rough go for me. It will smooth out I hope soon...

Recognizing my addictions and making these changes are the single biggest thing I ever did in my life. That sounds lame but without this change I would have nothing. Probably including my life.

Anyway.... Have a happy sober Monday!

K
Old 01-28-2013, 05:39 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  
Keeping My Eye On The Prize

yyyeeaaa, no ETOH this weekend, hit a nice Saturday morning meeting and helped me get though the rest of the weekend. 15 days and counting, but today is the only day that matters!!