Notices

Trying to stay sober this weekend? Check in here!

Old 01-11-2013, 05:27 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Feeling strong. Craving of night time drink has passed. Feels good to have that time period pass. It's over. Nice.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:58 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

My evening much better now too that 5pm drink cravings over...winding down in front of woodstove and watching hockey game while surfing net. Peaceful night to you all
Old 01-11-2013, 08:20 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Heading for bed sober and happy to know I will have no regrets tomorrow morning. Good night all!
Old 01-11-2013, 08:57 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

It's nice to have a weekend check in thread! It is funny how you can recognize when the craving period is over. There is definitely a physical aspect to all of this. It's almost like if you just weather the initial wave then it doesn't really come again too soon.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:23 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

9th Sober weekend (if I make it)...

My thinking is that if I made it through the holidays (sober date 11/14/12) then I can make it through another weekend... How?
7:30 am AA meeting--then a workout-maybe even swim--visit a friend (89 yr) in the hospital--walk dog along the river (long walk)--maybe squeeze in a little football then attend a 7pm AA meeting--maybe meet with other AA types at Starbucks after... For me its about filling up my time- one day at a time...
While this post may sound confident--who knows if I will actually not drink this weekend? --I'll report back...
Good luck--Stay in touch--stay with us here on SR!
Old 01-11-2013, 11:11 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Made it through Friday night without any drama. Went to an AA meeting at 7.30pm and a chat with a few of the guys after. Came home and had a hot chocolate and watched a DVD. Got up early this morning becuase I've got a language class this morning which I am looking forward to. Need to do some revision before that so it's really great that I don't have a hangover. There's an AA meeting at 5.45pm this evening so I could go to that, then come home and watch the next part of the DVD, maybe. Just going to do some prayer and reflection now because I want to go get to bed tonight sober.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:15 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

FreeFall "When you stop drinking, you stop waiting" -Knapp

So awesome! Made it through Friday. So far so good.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:13 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Had a great dinner out. The painter is coming over in a few to do the bathroom and kitchen.

Hope everyone is good!

K
Old 01-12-2013, 07:24 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

The house reeks of oil paint! Not a high I want! Lol

Going to get out of the house so I don't get a headache.

Sober sober sober!
Old 01-12-2013, 07:26 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

So I'm guessing you made it through the night? So did I!! YAY!!!!!
Old 01-12-2013, 07:31 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Keep on living the sober dream y'all .

Bestwishes, M
Old 01-12-2013, 07:48 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I did! I went to dinner and the got ice cream... Mmmm.

Today is all about relaxing and reading.

Tomorrow is cooking! Not sure what yet.

Everyone else doing ok today?
Old 01-12-2013, 08:24 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Very warm in VT today with a January thaw so hoping to spend time outside. Reflecting and feeling the greatfulness today I and others having for waking up this morning without a hangover! Will work on keeping myself busy today with relaxing or productive tasks to keep me on my path of staying sober throughout the weekend. Keep focused on the possitive everyone!
Old 01-12-2013, 08:33 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hey Ken. I am one more day closer to my 90. Unreal. The memory waking up dead and saying to myself,"I have to quit drinking, but not today" is still on the forefront of my conciousness. Today I am making potato soup. I found a lovely loaf of seedless rye bread. Toss some grated swiss on the soup and dip the bread. I am in love with myself today.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:48 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Well, I am "tapering" (after reading a lot about alcohol detox). Lots of water, juice, electrolytes, etc. and tomorrow will be my last day of alcohol.

I dunno, but after reading EVERYTHING it seems that CT at my age (67) may be not so great. AA every day, have a great sponsor (and being honest with her).

.......... I'll check in later.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:34 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Great start to the day. It is pretty cold, but the skies are blue and the sun is out. Went to excercise class. Then went shopping and now in for the day. Per request I am going to make a peanut butter pie for tomorrow's football games. I am now on my own until after midnight which would have been a prime drinking time but I have so many better things to do today. First Saturday sober in a long time...wow. Hope everyone is doing well!!!! Let's do this.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:10 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Today is all about work and it's pretty damn exasperating. Normally a day like this would send me straight to the bar. Opting to keep plugging along and hoping tomorrow will be better. So much on the to do list, at least I know I won't be bored anytime soon.

Sounds like everyone is doing great! Lots of cooking going on. It does seem to be a good substitute for drinking for many of us. lol we'll all be on Overeaters Anonymous message boards together next year...

Big game tomorrow for Pats fans-always a trigger but made it all season so far!
Old 01-12-2013, 02:27 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Hi, well Ive nearly made it to the end of Saturday night tucked up in bed now and still sober. Today hasnt been the easiest but I was pretty productive got stuff done around the house, read a lot and thought things through a lot (probably too much!) Going to make some plans for next weekend though. Hope you are all doing well and enjoying a sober/clean weekend.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:05 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Went house hunting with my friend, we stopped at ocean front restaurant and bar. Big trigger. Thought about having a glass of wine more than once while I was there. Rode out cravings had diet coke. So happy I did. Can't even have one drink. I can't. It will never be one. I also thought about this thread a lot while I was contemplating that drink so thanks for being here! Cheers to the sober awesome weekend.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:07 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

its hard sitting here watching nfl all day long and not draining about six beers. still sober half way through the frisco game. good stuff.