Notices

Trying to stay sober this weekend? Check in here!

Old 01-13-2013, 04:01 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

I just wanted to check in now that the weekend is done and see how everyone did. I got through it but it was not easy. I think it will get easier in time.

If you drank please don't beat yourself up. Get back at it.

Have a good evening.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:12 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

I made it weasel.

How'd you do?
Old 01-13-2013, 04:18 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

I had to wrestle this addiction to the ground a few times over the weekend. Did the whole rationalization saying I can drink if I want.... I cannot. I did some SMART exercises to gain strenth as well as reviewed this thread.

You simply have to want it. I have said before.... You don't get a college degree by not applying yourself to accomplish it. I need to study and relearn how to live differently... And that means I need to apply myself.

It takes work to treat yourself right. It's an active not a passive thing.

K
Old 01-13-2013, 05:40 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

"I had to wrestle this addiction to the ground a few times over the weekend. Did the whole rationalization saying I can drink if I want.... I cannot. "

Yes Ken!
I totally agree. I had to muster all my strength to stay away from the drink this weekend. I didn't realize how tough it was going to be, but I did it. It was hard. I'm glad you did it too. A nice Monday awaits. One filled with hope, peace and serenity.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:47 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Every time you wrestle and win it gets easier a tiny tiny bit ... Rahhhghhh !
Old 01-13-2013, 06:18 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

I work all weekend now which helps...
Old 01-13-2013, 08:47 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Hello my fellow weekenders! Winding down on this Sunday. Happy to report I made it through. Things are good for the most part, but feeling a little out of sorts tonight. I am really tired and feeling a little down. My body is really, really tired right now. But it feels great to know I will wake up Monday regret free and remembering this entire weekend, which hasn't happened in a long time. I know the mood swings are just part of the early part of this new journey and will get better. I hope everyone is doing well. Thanks for being here....I came to SR countless times over the weekend.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:29 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

OK guys. I have to admit - I didn't make it. Friday - Yes, no problem. Saturday morning/ afternoon - OK. Then I walked past this really nice looking pub I hadn't seen before on Saturday afternoon and thought I'd have a quick beer, which turned into about four. Ended up fairly drunk and in a negative state of mind at about 7pm and had to come home to bed. Sunday - OK up till about 7pm. Nipped out, got one can of beer with half an idea to go to the pub later. Drank the can and then realised that if I carried on down the pub, a huge proportio of my weekend would be under the influence and I wouldn't be able to do the things I wanted to do on Monday. It's Monday now and I've woken up without a hangover and ready to start work at 8. I'm frustrated with myself about Saturday because I had been to AA on Friday night, I'd posted here and STILL I went out and drank four or five pints of beer.

I suppose I had better develop a better strategy for next weekend. I have a lot of commitments next Friday and Saturday. Funnily enough, I am not too worried about the weekdays but there's a lonely looking hole next Saturday night and my addictive voice is saying I could fill it with a few drinks and get away with it.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:24 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hey endless.... Impulses are tougher to plan for but you will find ways around them. They are not an obsticale that can stop you.

I have started to plan for impulses. Now I cannot plan everything but maybe I can adjust for the majority. I walk different routes through town because I have spots I drink and party at. Feels stupid I cannot go anywhere I want to go but.....I cannot go anywhere I want to go.

Lol... And there are no nice pubs I had not seen before. I think I got them all!

K
Old 01-14-2013, 03:44 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Cold Monday here 12 F / -11 C. Been here all my life, can't get used to winter...brr! Thank you everyone at SR for support and encouragement.

endless, sounds like you reeled it in pretty well and that's progress. I'm hanging on by a thread or two, and I consider the 9 days I put together fragile, AV always there
Old 01-14-2013, 03:56 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Well done weasel and everyone else that made it,

I managed but was a right misery yesterday but it feels good on a Monday with no hangover.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:29 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

On Saturday evening I hit some sort of depression and kept thinking to myself "is this what I'm going to do with my life?" I thought of all the happy times I had drinking and that high and stress relief it gave me. I haven't had a smoke or a drink for about 13 days now. I decided to go to a friends house to kill my boredom. As soon as I arrived they offer me a beer, I quickly denied.

After that I decided to go to a local bar that I usually attend to every weekend. As soon a I walked in a glass of Henessy was at the counter waiting for me. I said "no thanks" and order a RedBull and drank water for the rest of the night. A friend of mine was real intoxicated and keep telling me that he can hang with me since I don't drink. What a friend he is, I thought to myself.

For the first time in my life I actually went to a bar and did not have a drink or smoke. The temptation s were there but I managed. Its funny how you see other people act when they are drunk and how stupid it looks. I used to act like that all the time without knowing. I now have the confidence that I could go out on the weekend and don't need alcohol to enjoy the night. I felt great that Saturday night.

The depression came from thinking that sobriety sucks and people are going to look at me different. At this point I dont give a f@#$ what anybody thinks. I'm preparing myself to succeed. No longer will I feed my body poison. No longer will I let others influence me to negativity. I took a pledge to this. I will exercise, read, eat healthy and work on my career and business. Liquor held me back from doing all these things but now, there is no holding back.

My gratitude goes to this forum and all the alcoholic In here that struggle but still manage not to take that first drink. To more weekends with out drinking.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:29 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

On Saturday evening I hit some sort of depression and kept thinking to myself "is this what I'm going to do with my life?" I thought of all the happy times I had drinking and that high and stress relief it gave me. I haven't had a smoke or a drink for about 13 days now. I decided to go to a friends house to kill my boredom. As soon as I arrived they offer me a beer, I quickly denied.

After that I decided to go to a local bar that I usually attend to every weekend. As soon a I walked in a glass of Henessy was at the counter waiting for me. I said "no thanks" and order a RedBull and drank water for the rest of the night. A friend of mine was real intoxicated and keep telling me that he can hang with me since I don't drink. What a friend he is, I thought to myself.

For the first time in my life I actually went to a bar and did not have a drink or smoke. The temptation s were there but I managed. Its funny how you see other people act when they are drunk and how stupid it looks. I used to act like that all the time without knowing. I now have the confidence that I could go out on the weekend and don't need alcohol to enjoy the night. I felt great that Saturday night.

The depression came from thinking that sobriety sucks and people are going to look at me different. At this point I dont give a f@#$ what anybody thinks. I'm preparing myself to succeed. No longer will I feed my body poison. No longer will I let others influence me to negativity. I took a pledge to this. I will exercise, read, eat healthy and work on my career and business. Liquor held me back from doing all these things but now, there is no holding back.

My gratitude goes to this forum and all the alcoholic In here that struggle but still manage not to take that first drink. To more weekends with out drinking.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:45 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

happy for all who made it through the weekend. I didn't make it. I just had to have a beer on saturday night. And there was no good reason (is there ever?) -- I was sick, sitting on my couch, dead tired and it was 9pm and I got up and grabbed a beer. It wasn't like I was in a situation that was too hard to control. That disappointed me but the bright side is after one I was so disgusted with myself I just stopped there.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:58 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

For everyone that didn't make it, don't worry, there's another weekend coming along and you can be successful next time! Weekends are hard, and it does take practice to undo all of the conditioning and habits we've been used to for so long. Willpower, hard work, soul searching, SR, reading, cooking, exercise, whatever it takes to get yourself through the challenges. You can do this!

Good job to all that made it through, and thanks to Ken for keeping the weekend thread going. It should be a weekly thing, I think it was helpful to a lot of people. I definitely needed it yesterday-was really wanting to just run away from it all and drinking used to help me do that. I couldn't run away, and didn't drink but boy did I want to!
Old 01-14-2013, 10:23 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Hi Weasel and everyone, made it through the weekend sober, had the first Monday morning in the longest time that I didnt feel like hell so was well worth it! Im going to make more constructive plans for next weekend and keep myself busy. Going to try to do things differently as is recommended on SR and yes leaving an "open" weekend could be a trigger for me. Well done to everyone who made it through and for the people who slipped well just stay sober next weekend. Im also hoping that this will be like exercising and building muscle and that each time we "do it" it will become stronger !:

Fabulous thread Weasel, think you should do a "Weasels Weekend" thread every week and we can all post to say how we are doing XX
Old 01-14-2013, 10:20 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Well- I made it throught the weekend but that is not to say that I did not think about drinking--I just ended up thinking and/or doing something else that did not involve alcohol.
To all that did make it- Congrats!
To those of us that did not make there is going to be another weekend coming up--lets try this again!
Old 01-15-2013, 01:25 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

sober weekend

hey weasel, I was reading some of your earlier posts a yr ago or so. Have you been sober awhile? Doesn't matter just curious.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:11 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

aww keep at it

You have full victory one day. I believe in you. Just quit digging.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:13 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Sober weekend? I came back to the thread because weekend is one of my danger zones... entitled to a break doncha know! Here's to hoping I can make it through one more weekend.