Notices

Trying to stay sober this weekend? Check in here!

Old 01-25-2013, 04:44 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
I will be doing taxes and relaxing this weekend. Dinner out tonight and dinner at sober friends tomorrow.

I always like a Sunday project... More canning I think! Maybe do pickles this time. Also want to make osso buco this weekend!
Weekends for me are normally wine drinking starting at noon til sleep time. Maybe I can do my taxes this year without fudging them up! ^^ What's sad is I don't even know if I got them done last year... I need to stay sober and get my **** together and start acting like a 30 year old... maybe by a bookcase for my books so they can get off the floor like what a normal person would do. So maybe my Sunday projects will be taxes and building a bookcase. Then next week I can shampoo my carpets and get all the alcohol stains off the floor.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:46 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

I am also signing up at the community college for adult education class in creatove writing. Never did anything like that before. Great way to meet new people and have something to do at drunk time. Also gives me something to keep my mind focused on. It tends to be in hyperdrive most of the time.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:48 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pamel View Post
Anyone else trying for the first sober weekend?
Me. I quit last year for about six weeks back in August, but then fell off the horse. I got back on my horse Tuesday night so I guess this weekend is the first for round 2.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:49 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Garen.... Sounds like plan! Check in here often. I would like to know how things are going for you.

Building a bookcase is a lot of work. Don't get disappointed if you don't complete a project. It's more about staying sober. I know I would beat myself up when I did not do what I planned because I was at the bar. Not this weekend!
Old 01-25-2013, 04:55 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
I am also signing up at the community college for adult education class in creatove writing. Never did anything like that before. Great way to meet new people and have something to do at drunk time. Also gives me something to keep my mind focused on. It tends to be in hyperdrive most of the time.
I LOVE to write! That sounds like a lot of fun. I love learning too. I'm the type that will take math classes just because.

What's your favorite book?
Old 01-25-2013, 05:01 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

I grew up reading murder mysteries. Agatha Chritie to be exact. I joined this book club and got ever one of her books. Lol memories huh?

I don't read much these days. Lazy and was always drunk or high. I spend time now writing in my journal or surfing the web.

My grammar sucks to be quite honest. You would think English is my second language. But this class should be fun. We have to read what we write to the class.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:03 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Weasel, that sounds fun, I would love to do something like that!
Old 01-25-2013, 05:29 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AlisonW View Post
Weasel - osso buco - yum!!!

Count me in for a sober weekend. Today is my birthday and I'm going out for dinner tonight with my husband. Looking forward to actually remembering the evening and not having it end in an argument because I drank too much, and not waking up hungover tomorrow and ruining the rest of the weekend feeling lousy. Plus I noticed he left a receipt from a bakery on the counter the other day, so I know he's going to surprise me with something delicious for dessert!

Lilly, I notice at least with some of my friends, we'd go out for drinks because no one put any effort into trying to think of something else to do. Do you think they'd be open to another idea - if you said hey let's go bowling/to a museum/shopping/out for ice cream, or anything else you might enjoy doing with them? Sometimes "let's go out for drinks" is just comfortable but if you suggest something else they might be up for a different activity?
Alison, does this mean this will be your first weekend too? I would LOVE to have a companion.....
Old 01-25-2013, 09:12 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Hey all. Weekends are always difficult for me. Friday nights use to be party time. Beer,snacks,card games. The games fell by the wayside long ago. Then it became just drinking. I plan to stay busy around the house this weekend. Maybe go to the library. Walk my dog for sure. Just try to not fall back in2 the old habits. I do love waking up sober and refreshed.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:34 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Weekends

An epiphany knocked me down and it never leaves my mind. I'm 46 and, like everyone else, love weekends. There's an ever decreasing number remaining so wasting them drunk and hungover is a really stupid thing for me to let happen. Too many Sundays have been wasted laying on the couch unable to have fun. Can't change the past but will try to make up for those mistakes.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:45 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Like2hike.... I am 46 as well.... I can relate. Although it was mostly Mondays at work trying to still sober up was my gig.

Looking forward to tomorrow morning! Early tea and read posts on SR with a clear head.... And the more important thing.... A clear conscious.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:58 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

i'm looking forward to hearing about the canning
Old 01-25-2013, 10:05 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Resting, reading, and renting a few movies with the kids. Need to be ready to go back to work healthy on Monday.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:32 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

I'm in. ready for tonight, no problem. I know I will not drink. Tomorrow I will check back in. We can all do this.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:36 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

After getting through first weekend last week, have far less anxiety about this one. Reading and movies will be nice, but taxes not so much
Old 01-25-2013, 12:54 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  
Keeping My Eye On The Prize

plan on taking a nap after work, then maybe an aa meeting at 8 if the roads clear, tomorrow meet up with my sponsor and get some much needed guidance. I will check in tomorrow to see what everybody else is doing to make it though the weekend. Might just pick up some new ideas to keep sober!
Old 01-25-2013, 03:24 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Ok folks.... It's show time!

AV is present but I have duck tape over his mouth. This is a one man show tonight.

Settling in after a great dinner. Ordered the tasting menu at a local place. 6 courses. It really fun not knowing what the chef will make next.

Sweats are on and in front of TV. Not a drop of booze around. Ahhhhh.

K
Old 01-25-2013, 03:46 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Ok. Made it through a nightshift Thursday into Friday. That's often a trigger, coming home tired and hungry in the early hours. Often used to round that off with a few drinks. Went out for dinner with a friend who had a couple of drinks tonight but then left to go to a concert and stayed sober through that. I've got a language lesson Saturday morning but no real plan after that and an afternoon/ evening without a plan is when the call of the pub is very strong. I'll log into tomorrow before language class. Please give me encouragement and support.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:18 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Weasel, I like your signature "You cannot see your strengths, but you gain confidence in their existence as they enable you to act. And the results of your actions you can see."

Weekend is on.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:21 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Don't drink!