Notices

Trying to stay sober this weekend? Check in here!

Old 01-25-2013, 05:08 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Endless.... We are right at your side. You can do this. Cause you are worth it!

Sober1ck thanks... Sometimes we don't know what we have inside.... Then... When we look back a bit... We see... Yeah... We have got more than I thought.

Stay sober! If you have a tough spot post... We are right here.

K
Old 01-25-2013, 05:13 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Second Friday night sober! I'm starting tomorrow's mantra early.....I will not drink!
Old 01-25-2013, 06:07 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

I had to attend a wake tonight. Normally the group would meet at our local place and of course have a drink while waiting for everyone to get there, and then return afterwards for the Irish wake. I went early, paid my respects, and left. I realize now how much drinking magnified the sadness and emotion and made it that much harder. Home now, clear headed and mellow.

Have a sober and interesting weekend everyone! Maybe even a fun one?
Old 01-25-2013, 06:30 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Oh man, I am going to have a good weekend. I have a 2-day pass to the Chicago Travel & Adventure Show here in town. Saturday morning I'll be at the convention center by 10:30am to listen to Rick Steves give a lecture. He's a total nerd but I his books have really helped me! There are also going to be some cool presenters and folks in the business there, so it'll be cool to see what's going on in the world of adventure travel, tourism, gear, etc.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:47 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Another sober Friday. This week had some uncomfortable surprises. I feel unwilling to get involved so I did'nt. I don't feel like getting upset because someone else is on a trip. I have changed. I am growing , finally.
I had an anxiety dream last night but instead of it being about drinking it was about butter. I was at the grocery store and all they had was margarine. I was digging in the refrigerator section. No butter. I woke up stressed out. While I was drinking coffee I thought ,"My God, I've become Paula Deen" I am such a weirdo when I'm sober.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:22 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
LOL...no butter IS sort of a mini crisis...who the hell uses margarine? (no offense margarine users)...

Some of the coolest people I know are weirdos...I count myself as well of course.

"If a man loses pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears, however measured, or far away." (Thoreau)
Old 01-25-2013, 09:36 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  
Administrator

Not to channel Chris De Burgh, but I'm waiting for a hurricane....
Kinda peaceful right now tho

D
Old 01-25-2013, 09:38 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Sober...but if I am being honest, I would rather not be.

Maybe a little Gillian Welch to help the mood
Old 01-25-2013, 10:36 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Friday night and sober here - first one in a long time. Wentbto a movie and just got home. I feel good and tommorow will feel even better
Old 01-25-2013, 11:17 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  
lillyknitting

It's sat morning folks, so yes, I made it through the fri night, albeit woke this morning feeling like I'd been on it all night, unfortunately the tail end of this flu virus I've had! Thumping head, aching stomach, but thank God I didn't go out but busied myself all night, it was great, even watched some Telly an did my usual by falling asleep.

My only concern is, I did have a weak point early in the evening when a friend txt me to say she was going down pub early. All the thoughts came flooding back: just have two, it's a bit of fun, I be ok I walk home etc etc aaaahhhhhh, does this friggin illness ever leave us.

Anyway, I'm safe now and yippee, no hangover, hope all you did well too.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:03 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

I not going to try to stay sober I will stay SOBER!
Old 01-26-2013, 01:41 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberlicious View Post
LOL...no butter IS sort of a mini crisis...who the hell uses margarine? (no offense margarine users)...

"If a man loses pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears, however measured, or far away." (Thoreau)
Yes!
Old 01-26-2013, 04:22 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

All the thoughts came flooding back: just have two, it's a bit of fun, I be ok I walk home etc etc aaaahhhhhh, does this friggin illness ever leave us.
It never completely leaves us in my experience and talking with others , just turns into a big harmless shaggy dog that comes in sits at your side and you have to shoo out the back door once in a while .. you learn how to deal with it without it being an upset .
If it did'nt happen i'd wonder what was wrong ...

Bestwishes, M
Old 01-26-2013, 04:43 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

I woke up feeling quite craptastic, headache,drippy throat, its 14 degrees and i have to go walk the dog.
I thought i had fought this off, ive had the flu shot. But i can take it easy today and stick around the house.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:49 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Take it easy Fandy! Be well!

Mecanix.... Love the analogy. You made it seem possible in that.

Good morning everyone! Ready here for a relaxing day. Have the heat cranked high so it feels nice and warm thought the house. Getting chores done before I start the pickle making.

Very cold today. After groceries I am staying in!

Have a good sober Saturday! I will be here all day so say hello!

Ken
Old 01-26-2013, 06:55 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

starbucks blonde roast (my new fav) and toasted rolls with a little butter.....

i have some seafood white lasagna in the freezer, i think i will have that for dinner, feel too icky to do much cooking today.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:10 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Ok. Made it through to late afternoon Saturday and now feeling somewhat lethargic. Done the shopping. Done the ironing. Cleaned the house. Done my language study. Hmmm. What now? Pub sounds like a lovely idea somehow.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:44 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Did not go to the pub. Cooked up a big vegetable stew and that kept my occupied. Doing a little more language study now.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:05 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

That's great endless! Great job!

I just finished up making half sour pickles. I think this batch is going to be very good!
Old 01-26-2013, 11:25 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Hey There! I am trying to recreate Weck rolls. The only place I have ever had them is in Buffalo, NY. Roast beef on a weck.