Notices

Young Adults In Recovery

Old 11-25-2012, 07:23 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
I can do anything!!!

Make sure you get your vitamin d. A lot of people have low levels. You can take up to 5,000 IU in the winter.

Someone posted this on my fb page and I thought I would bring back some memories in this forum. Who had one of these?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (12.0 KB, 76 views)
Old 11-25-2012, 07:25 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Katie.

I think that social aspect of drinking is somewhat overestimated and imposed by media. Be creative and thinks ouside the box: you can socialize with people in a fitness club, find a new hobby, maybe attend salsa classes with your hubby. The world does not go around a bottle, even though modern advertising industry tries to convince us otherwise) Hope, I don't sound too draggy.

Have a good day)
Old 11-25-2012, 07:29 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  
"Why So Serious?"

I'm gonna crash super early tonight since I'm attempting to get up at 4:30AM but tonight is the best night of TV out of the week: Homeland, Dexter, Boardwalk Empire and The Walking Dead! Why do they put all the best shows on at the same time!?
Old 11-25-2012, 09:22 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Hey!!

I am 32 and have recently realised that I have a big problem with binge drinking. I drank through my late teen all through my twenties up until last week!!

It's tough when all my friends are out drinking and allegedly, having a good time, but I am determined to enjoy life without alcohol!!!

@drunkyjules I know what you mean about "high functioning" - although over the past couple of years I hate to think about the number of times that I have called in sick because I couldn't control my drinking the night before. :-( Good idea to talk to a professional - I do (not just about alcohol) and I find it really helps to put things into perspective

S
xx
Old 11-25-2012, 11:06 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by diha View Post
Make sure you get your vitamin d. A lot of people have low levels. You can take up to 5,000 IU in the winter.

Someone posted this on my fb page and I thought I would bring back some memories in this forum. Who had one of these?

I'm sorry, I don't know what that is !!!!! Is it an 8 track holder, a cassette holder? maybe a lunch box?

Funny thing, my son came over on Friday, told him to bring his CD's in so that he wouldn't have to listen to my music !!!! He had a weird look on his face, said cd's are gone !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still don't know the new way to listen to music

Last edited by amy55; 11-25-2012 at 11:07 AM. Reason: image wasn't picked up, and I don't know how to do that
Old 11-25-2012, 11:12 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Originally Posted by amy55 View Post
said cd's are gone !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still don't know the new way to listen to music
Well, CD's are not completely gone. I still use them every day to listen to my favourite music or audiobooks in my car. But for other devices - yes, they are in the books now.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:04 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  
I can do anything!!!

Originally Posted by amy55 View Post
I'm sorry, I don't know what that is !!!!! Is it an 8 track holder, a cassette holder? maybe a lunchbox
It's a caboodle. It was for makeup and jewelry. Maybe I was the only one.

Anyone get intense carb/sugar cravings?
Old 11-25-2012, 12:10 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

That was sorta in what I thought it might be. I guess it had a removable top tray also.

Carbs and sugars, yes all the time, but I need to cut that out soon. Ya tend to get that from missing some of the ingredients in your alcohol beverage. Will let the carbs and sugars have their way with me for another week, but after that, they have to go also
Old 11-25-2012, 12:14 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Jules

Originally Posted by diha View Post
It's a caboodle. It was for makeup and jewelry. Maybe I was the only one.

Anyone get intense carb/sugar cravings?
Diha you weren't the only girl with a caboodle.....me and all my friends had one!!!! Oh the make-up that thing could hold!!!! My first job was at Taco Bell and one of the girls would always come walking in with her caboodle.....like she really needed to bring all the "supplies" to work
Old 11-25-2012, 01:08 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Went to the park this morning and let my dog run around for a bit. I've had some cravings to drink so I think it's best for me to stay home so I'm not out tempted to buy booze.

As for music I have tons on a couple iPods but I also collect vinyl and when new music comes out I always get the record and it usually comes with a code to download the mp3 version so I can listen to it in the car or wherever as well.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:56 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by BoozeFree
I also collect vinyl and when new music comes out I always get the record
Very cool. Technology has yet to be able to match the quality of a vinyl recording. Rollin' old school...nice
Old 11-25-2012, 01:59 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

im the baby (22) and i DEFINITELY qualify for this group lol
Old 11-25-2012, 02:36 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
I can do anything!!!

Originally Posted by drunkyjules View Post
Diha you weren't the only girl with a caboodle.....me and all my friends had one!!!! Oh the make-up that thing could hold!!!! My first job was at Taco Bell and one of the girls would always come walking in with her caboodle.....like she really needed to bring all the "supplies" to work
I knew I could not be the only one. Dare I ask about units? The store that sold one product that could be worn as a shirt, a skirt, or a belt. So ugly.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:17 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Thank you for all the kind words everyone! I stopped feeling sorry for myself, went to church, lunch with friends, and even squeezed in a work out which was pretty brutal after all the food I consumed this weekend, but I felt great afterwards! I have so much to be thankful for.

Tonight i was talking to my 21 year old sister who is in college and a sorority at MU. I tried telling her about my "funk" this weekend and how sometimes it's hard when I get that crazy hair that wants to cause some trouble and get crazy. She said that her and her sorority sisters were talking about it -and that they can't imagine ever not having that. I told her I don't think it's the fact that you can't ever have that again - it's just learning to find that "high" without drugs or alcohol. What a wonderful feeling it is to be silly, dance like no one's watching, act a little crazy, sober! I want that zest for life and that's what I can't wait to find within myself.

AND caboodles!! I had one. I actually need another one haha, you can stuff so much makeup into that thing!
Old 11-25-2012, 05:40 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

Went to my AA club today and helped decorate for the holidays. Was a super good time! Quite a few of the "young" crowd showed up. We decorated then held an impromptu meeting. Joy to the world!
Old 11-25-2012, 07:19 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

My name is Lindsay i am 24 years old! Thanks for making this group! I will pick up another 30day chip on dec 3rd. I went to detox on September 14th for ten days to detox from suboxin, xanex. I am an alcoholic that does not drink every day, but when I drink it is complete chaos.I went to a 30dayer in palm beach. I relapsed after about 2 months sober on the 3rd of last month because for that day i ignored the fact that I am completely powerless over my drinking. But I drank for one day and then I told on myself to my sponsor. Since then I have really gone hard in recovery. I may only be 24, but I have definitely earned my seat. I am one of the youngest ones in the rooms everyday, but it does not bother me. This is life or death for me. I take my recovery so serious. I have been arrested 12 times and have been to prison as a result of my alcoholism. I have no drug charges, but charges from being blacked out and fighting or doing stupid ****. I really want to meet some young alcoholics like myself! You all understand me! It is good to be young in recovery! We can change our lives now and save ourselves the torture of living a life with no hope or dreams. I have hope now and I can see the light. It feels good to not be depressed and actually be able to wake up in the morning and get out of bed ready to take on the day. I actually get excited for the day! Life really is what I make it to be! And I am going to make my life beautiful!
Old 11-25-2012, 07:25 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Hi Lindsay, and welcome. Great group of people here. So glad you are here.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:27 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

Hello Linz, Welcome to the group!
Old 11-25-2012, 07:29 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Location: Las Vegas, Nevada... Originally from Cincinnati, Ohio
Great thread! I am 30 and Tuesday will mark 5 months of sobriety.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:31 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

More newcomers, this is so great. Welcome Ampsmarie. I really think you will like it here.