Notices

Young Adults In Recovery

Old 11-29-2012, 05:24 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  
"Why So Serious?"

Congrats Twenties!!!

Amy, you best be sticking around in this thread or else... I don't really have a threat so I'll just leave it at "or else..." until I come up with something!

Great job Amps! Hope the meeting goes well.

I'm turning in early tonight. Want to feel good for work tomorrow. The HIGH temperature here for tomorrow is 32 so I'm guessing it will be mid to high 20's. Bring it!
Old 11-29-2012, 05:29 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

I'm sticking around, but from now on, my only complaints will be about my cats with conjunctivitis, and my log cabin that was a foreclosure with carpenter bees, and dog pee, and all those other things with a foreclosure.

and all the other myriads of problems with home ownership and single life

Last edited by amy55; 11-29-2012 at 05:31 PM. Reason: to add in
Old 11-29-2012, 05:43 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  
"Why So Serious?"

Okay, I'm wide awake. Forget that whole bed thing. I need some advice. A friend of mine just asked me if I wanted to go with her and a group of friends to a bar in Boston tomorrow night. She knows my issues with alcohol and would support me not drinking. I'm 50/50 right now. Well, 60/40 leaning towards going. Even though she'd support me in not drinking I could easily slip away to the bathroom and make a pit stop at the bar. I REALLY wanna go 'cause I haven't been out in weeks and I could use a night out.

Thoughts?
Old 11-29-2012, 05:48 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  
Phoenix.

You already have fantasies about stopping at the bar on the way to the bathroom....???
Red. Flag.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:49 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  
"Why So Serious?"

Originally Posted by Casmasta View Post
You already have fantasies about stopping at the bar on the way to the bathroom....???
Red. Flag.
Not fantasies. I'm just saying even though I have supportive people around me they can't babysit me the entire evening. Basically, I'm saying it's up to me to make my own choices and be strong.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:50 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  
Jules

Amy don't apologize for your post. It is an important message that we all need to hear. I know I have allowed myself to be in an abusive relationship before, and after we split up after a particular violent incident, I went back to him.

I know it has to do with my lack of confidence and my feelings of low self worth. Also one of the reasons I drink and drug. I'm getting better though!!!

I have a week completely sober!! Woo woo!!!! I still have the pesky demon on my shoulder telling me one or two wouldn't hurt but I've been trying to stay busy with healthy habits.

Take care all you youngsters and the young at heart!!
Old 11-29-2012, 05:50 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  
"Why So Serious?"

Way to go Jules!! (I call my sister Julie by "Jules")
Old 11-29-2012, 05:53 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JJay View Post
Not fantasies. I'm just saying even though I have supportive people around me they can't babysit me the entire evening. Basically, I'm saying it's up to me to make my own choices and be strong.
JJay, you are right here. No one can babysit you. If you are going to go, please make plans to not drink. Like leaving early. No one can stop you from going to the bar either, but

You know I count my days by subtracting 1 from yours, I will be lost if you relapse, so don't do it. Please.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:55 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  
Jules

Originally Posted by JJay View Post
Way to go Jules!! (I call my sister Julie by "Jules")
How long have you been sober Jay?
Old 11-29-2012, 05:59 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by drunkyjules View Post
Amy don't apologize for your post. It is an important message that we all need to hear. I know I have allowed myself to be in an abusive relationship before, and after we split up after a particular violent incident, I went back to him.

I know it has to do with my lack of confidence and my feelings of low self worth. Also one of the reasons I drink and drug. I'm getting better though!!!

I have a week completely sober!! Woo woo!!!! I still have the pesky demon on my shoulder telling me one or two wouldn't hurt but I've been trying to stay busy with healthy habits.

Take care all you youngsters and the young at heart!!
How long ago did you break up? No need to answer that here. But if you ever need a friend or someone to talk to, I'm here or pm me.

Good job on one week. Hope you have a good night. If you need me, I will be here.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:59 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  
"Why So Serious?"

Originally Posted by amy55 View Post
JJay, you are right here. No one can babysit you. If you are going to go, please make plans to not drink. Like leaving early. No one can stop you from going to the bar either, but

You know I count my days by subtracting 1 from yours, I will be lost if you relapse, so don't do it. Please.
Good point! I'll remember that

How long have you been sober Jay?
Today is Day 16 (this time around).
Old 11-29-2012, 06:06 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  
"Why So Serious?"

LOL - If you're having a rough day just remember this:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
WeCanDoThis.jpg (37.1 KB, 31 views)
Old 11-29-2012, 06:10 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Ok, J, did she do this to herself? I mean the bald head?
Old 11-29-2012, 06:15 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  
Jules

I'd say if you want to stay sober and have even a smidge of a feeling you might not it isn't worth it. I don't know how I would be if I got into that situation, luckily the people around me don't really drink and that is good for me. Back in the day when I was partying it would have been hard though.

I don't know about you but I think we know in our heart of hearts if we have it in the back of our minds to drink. It all starts with that little thought, like an itch that needs scratched or something. I think it can also be influenced on the people around us too, like if everybody is getting drunk rather then your buds just having a drink or two.

Its funny my sister text me that her and her hubby were going to have a New Years party with food and booze and she wants me to come. I immediately thought "oh $hit"! Then I thought I can't worry about that now its like a month away and who even knows, they might change their minds and not have it or something else might come up. I need to stay in today not be thinking about future situations that may or may not happen!
Old 11-29-2012, 06:16 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  
Jules

And congrats on day 16!!! You rock! You seem like a cool guy and thanks for starting the thread.

And thanks to Amy, cause we love her
Old 11-29-2012, 06:37 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  
"Why So Serious?"

And congrats on day 16!!! You rock! You seem like a cool guy and thanks for starting the thread.

And thanks to Amy, cause we love her
Thanks I am pretty darn cool Just kiddin'. And of course we got much love for Amy!

Yes, Amy, she did that to herself that year when she was having a mental breakdown every other day.

I've gotta be up at 5:30 - well, don't have to - but I'm getting up at 5:30 so I'm gonna sleep on it for tonight. I appreciate all the responses! G'Night all!
Old 11-29-2012, 06:40 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Hey J have a good work out tomorrow at the gym if that's where you are going.

good night
Old 11-29-2012, 07:02 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Hey there, YAs! I'm 30, with five days sobriety today. Glad to have stumbled across this thread. The weekend is coming up which has me pretty worried...any advice for my first sober weekend?
Old 11-29-2012, 07:54 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  
I can do anything!!!

Hi neubs! Make sure you are busy. You can always check in with us
Old 11-29-2012, 08:00 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  
Administrator

Even though she'd support me in not drinking I could easily slip away to the bathroom and make a pit stop at the bar. I REALLY wanna go 'cause I haven't been out in weeks and I could use a night out.
So go out where there's no booze Jay - hit a movie, have coffee, walk in the park, paintball, abseiling...heck, whatever you like and will get you out of the house.

Whenever someone is thinking even of the possibility of drinking this far out from the event, I think it's a red flag too and I reckon you should maybe chill out and listen to that.

I'd maybe wait a little until your sobriety muscles are a little more toned?