Notices

Young Adults In Recovery

Old 11-26-2012, 08:08 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

friday, so glad that you are getting back out there. You do need to do that. I didn't only rearrange my house, I moved. Now I have it decorate the way that I want it. Anytime you need to talk, I'll be here.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:10 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!
Looks like this thread has quit a few members, awesome!
I had a busy day at work and now finally home relaxing with my dog. I also love Christmas. The lights, music, hot choc, Xmas movies and of corse the smell of a Christmas tree. Hoping to get the lights up next weekend.

50 days sober today! I've been working on this getting sober stuff since jan 2010 and longest I made it was 89 days and then a lot of a week here n there or a month so pretty happy about the 50. I've really made an effort to change my usual routines, hang out spots, ditched old drinking buddies ect. And finally living life and making positive decisions.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:10 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Hi neo, nice to meet you. Sober is so much better. ((((hugs)))) to you.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:12 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

ahhhh jjay where do u live? I am in st petersburg,fl its sooo nice out! lol I can not stand cold weather!
Old 11-26-2012, 08:13 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Wow, boozeFree, 50 days, is so great. Absolutely terrific!!!!!!

What kind of a dog do you have??? I love dogs.

Yes x-mas lights will also make a difference and lift your spirits also.

But more congrats on 50
Old 11-26-2012, 08:26 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

I just want to say something. First of all I am too old to be on this tread, but I liked it because this is where you can talk about anything. Not just alcohol or drugs, but just anything you wanted to talk about.

You got a new puppy, talk about it

had bad grades in school, or good grades, talk about it.

a new job

a new boyfriend

anything at all

a new pet duck?

feeling bad?

it's a place to let go of things

want to talk about movies

or music?

this is the place. Just talk about anything, or talk about nothing, or ask for help, whatever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-26-2012, 09:17 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

33 here
Old 11-26-2012, 10:04 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Welcome serious, nice to have you here.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:12 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Hi there,

I know I am too old to really be here, but this was where I was posting most of the night. I will also post on the regular board. I went to sleep about an hour ago, or an hour and a half ago, and got up again. Insomnia, maybe?

Just had the strongest urge to drink. Was dreaming, well you go through Thanksgiving, now no one else will be around, so just go and have a drink. That voice was so strong !!!!

Even though bars are still opened for another 45 minutes, I won't do that. I have nothing in the house, which is good !!!! I guess I just didn't think 12 days ago that I was quitting so that I could make a good impression for the holi-daze. Maybe I was??

But I didn't want to, I wanted to quit drinking for good this time. Make that AV go away !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-27-2012, 01:27 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Im 28 here. Cool group.
Peace
Old 11-27-2012, 04:26 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Hang in there Amy! Dee gave me advice in the past to play the whole thing thru so when I get cravings I always think of how I'll feel the next day if I decided to drink. Oh and as for my dogs I have a Boxer that comes to work with me everyday.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:13 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  
"Why So Serious?"

Welcome friday 13 - I also find weekends to be a lot harder. It's like my brain is saying "Hey, remember back when we used to get wasted and go clubbing!? That was on these nights! LET'S GOOOO!" and I have to say, "No, dammit! I'm staying in and watching "Full House" reruns!" Okay, maybe I do something a little different but you get the point

Linz, I'm just a few miles outside of Boston. I'm starting my first day delivering for UPS and it's SNOWING. Perfect timing, huh?

BoozeFree - 50 days is AMAZING! Awesome job

Amy - you're definitely welcome and an awesome part of this thread!

If anyone has a few minutes to kill this video is hilarious. You can ignore the foreign language 'cause it has no effect on the video (I hope posting this link is ok): Pegadinha mais bem bolada do Silvio Santos | Facebook
Old 11-27-2012, 08:46 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Welcome to our newest member miko67 - 28

Must say again, last night was really scary. Never had one of those urges in the middle of the night. My biggest trigger for drinking, is after I leave a friends house and realize that I am going home and will be by myself, that was when my car went on auto-pilot and stopped at a beer store. So happy that I don't like to go into a bar by myself. I think that is what saved me last night.

BoozeFree, I also did think it through to the end. I had 11 months prior to my last 4 month binge. I just kept trying to remember how good I felt during those 11 months, and how bad I felt during the last 4. Also I love boxers, they are so loyal and intelligent.

JJay, have a good day at work, and it is snowing here in Pennsylvania also.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:54 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Ok, JJay, watched the video. I'm already afraid of elevators, that would have put me in a psych ward for sure. Very Funny
Old 11-27-2012, 03:25 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  
I can do anything!!!

No snow in WI. I am sure we will get our fair share though. I don't mind the snow much. It's the negative temperatures that are horrible. It was 17 this morning when I left for work. Brrr.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:18 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  
"Why So Serious?"

Where is everyone!? I work a 9 hour shift and only three new posts? What the dilly-o!?

Anyway, my first day of work went awesome. When they said it was "non-stop and go-go-GO" they weren't joking. The day flew by though. When I first met my work partner he said, "Ohhhh s***...". After introducing himself he said... "Here's your jacket." It was a size medium. I ordered a size XL. I'm 6'2'' and about 225 lbs. It looked like I was wearing a UPS halter top with sleeves that didn't even go halfway down my forearms. I asked him how ridiculous I looked and he said, "Pretty damn ridiculous. You look like a bodybuilder masquerading as a UPS worker." Anyway, I'm supposed to have a new jacket tomorrow.

I am BEAT. Gonna make something to eat and relax and probably crash early. Day 14 coming to an end for me.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:27 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Hey, glad your day went good. Hilarious about the jacket though. Why would they even have mediums? I'm only about 5'2" and weigh about 125 but I would still go for the large. I have broad shoulders.

Relax and have a good night.

Snow stopped here sometime in the afternoon, then got warmer out, so maybe I still have about an inch left. So no need to shovel this one.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:56 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

If anyone has a few minutes to kill this video is hilarious. You can ignore the foreign language 'cause it has no effect on the video (I hope posting this link is ok): Pegadinha mais bem bolada do Silvio Santos | Facebook

OMG JJ, they just played a clip of that on Inside Edition just now.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:10 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  
"Why So Serious?"

Originally Posted by amy55 View Post

OMG JJ, they just played a clip of that on Inside Edition just now.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:15 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Yep that one, it will also be shown on some show in Brazil