Notices

What phony line did your Addiction try to feed you today?

Old 02-07-2013, 05:21 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AlisonW View Post
bignd - awesome on the quitting smoking!

My AV told me today, that because I haven't lost any weight yet since I stopped drinking, that means I really couldn't have been drinking that much, and so it would be ok for me to go back to drinking again... what?!? I just laughed - at least my AV is hilarious!
Alison - great job on the sobriety and the weigh loss will come, its physiology. I didn't start seeing weight loss until a month sober and I'm down 10lbs in 77 days exercising 2x a week. But you know what that extra 1200 calories from booze and another 1000 from snacking isn't going in my mouth and that's what's really helping!

Remember no gain is a loss!
Old 02-07-2013, 05:27 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

I gave my AV Russian lessons for it's birthday. Since I don't speak Russian I'm not sure what that little turd is saying. Something about snow and potatoes, I think.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:33 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

"Okay so you made it. You proved it. Time to go back to a normal life now!"

ME:
"Oh yeah... cause my life as a hopeless secret alcoholic was SO normal.... not!"
Old 02-09-2013, 10:40 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Not today, but a few days ago, "little voice" said what difference will it make, one more time....why not?

Response: NO.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:38 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Little addict girl who lives in my head: Tom, you can drink soon. You're in pain over your ex partner. You need to get away from this pain. Drink it away.......

Urrrm no.

Natom.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:03 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Go ahead drink,you are going give up alcohol for lent,enjoy yourself this weekend. ...drink...
Old 02-10-2013, 01:16 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

a big thing for me lately (its only my first month of sobriety as well) has been my ex girlfriend. broke up with her 6 months ago. want to just forget about her (we broke up cause i couldnt stop using) but today i find out she might have cheated on me. my addiction pretty much went "now you're all angry and infuriated over something that may or may not have happened 6 months in the past, i know how to fix that. just need a pill or two" annoying :/ not gunna let it win this time though!
Old 02-15-2013, 01:10 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

That I can use a benzo for therapeutic purposes. Oh and that then I could have a social drink on top. Just like everyone else.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:29 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Today while I took a drink of orange juice at work, my AV said:
"Wouldn't it be great if this OJ had some vodka in it? You could finally relax at work and laugh and not be all morose and flat like you have lately."

I was shocked. "AV", I said, "I never drank at work! But because I have been so unhappy at work, you saw this as my weak spot, didnt you? So you thought you'd try it? Well that just shows me you ARE desperate. I don't feel NEAR as desperate as YOU must feel to try this trick! Haha. Sucks to be you, AV."
Old 02-19-2013, 05:39 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Today I was told that some wine would help me feel better about a friend passing away. Even that everyone else was going to drink, so why not you? Ha! Drinking would only numb me and screw up everything and I should e feeling things now so I can grieve NORMALLY!!!
Old 02-19-2013, 06:56 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  
Hope for change

Mine told me today that eventually ill be satisfied with a good buzz at a party....YEAHHHH RIGGHTTT, when I black out is typically when I've had enough
Old 02-19-2013, 10:16 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Today I was so anxious about my divorce hearing - I wanted a drink SOOOOOO bad! This has been going on for nearly a year. Today was the 1st time I went to court, SOBER. Yes the other times I would have a few drinks to calm my nerves. (yea I know another excuse - I've got tons of them!)
But today as scary & crappy as it was & as much as something kept saying man I could use a drink before this. I had my Diet Mt Dew & faced it.

... and only to get another court date
Old 03-01-2013, 04:58 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Today I got approval for a week off next month and immediately my AV popped up:
"You have to drink, you can't have a weeks vacation and not drink, in fact its OK for you to socially drink now, you deserve the reward, in fact I can't even remember why you had to quit anyway, that was just a whim of yours..."

Me: "Well I remember why I had to quit!!! Where the hell did you come from AV? Anyway I can plan ahead to make this a wonderful healthy fun time off without alcohol. Thanks for reminding me I have to plan something good and fun for myself!"
Old 03-01-2013, 05:08 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

"Wouldn't it be nice to sit on the deck and watch the birds play on this sunny day -- with a drink?"

Not with alcohol, it wouldn't.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:23 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

"hey its Friday, you should unwind with a drink. You've proved yourself now, been sober for 2 weeks, you can just drink on Fridays, couple of glasses of wine to unwind, end of week"

nah mate, my SR buddies and I - would beg to differ!
Old 03-01-2013, 06:55 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Cool Greek nameday celebration

"Today is your Nameday and it's a tradition to go out and buy your friends a drink. You should also have one yourself! You don't want your friends to think that you are impolite or a wet blanket."

Oh please... They are my friends and they love me, they don't need me to buy them drinks or drink with them to prove my friendship. And we don't have to drink alcohol in order to have a nice time!
Old 03-01-2013, 07:01 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EternalQ View Post
What phony line did your addiction whisper to you today? What is your answer back?

Today my addiction tried to tell me that I can't meet new people and still not drink.
I answered: That day isn't here, and when it is, you are not welcome. In fact, you're not welcome any day, so get out!

I am incompetent in my job, blow off the meeting tonight you deserve to rest. It won out today but i didn't drink or use so I am still a miracle.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:40 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Take a whole bottle of pills and alcohol

So you will have no choice but to get help.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:38 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  

AV: "When you drank you weren't this immobilized. When you drank you had courage. It calmed you down so you could act."

Me: "That is total bull**** AV... and you know it. Alcohol is the coward's way out."
Old 03-03-2013, 12:50 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

It's Muxh more

Of a fun life to be high