Notices

Day 1 for the last time...

Old 07-09-2011, 09:28 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Squishy! Congratulations on a successful Friday night!! I made it too! Feels great! My husband was super supportive, even though he snuck a drink for himself after I went to bed. . . but that's okay. I LOVE a hung-over-free Saturday!! Stay strong, check back in later!!
Old 07-09-2011, 09:57 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

I too am sick of Day 1's. It's time for me to join you guys. My biggest problem is fear of withdrawls. It's so irrational on my part, but I always take a drink (or 9 or 10) to relieve even the mildest shakiness and anxiety.

Really I'm just making it worse as I am going to become more and more dependent on alcohol.

Squishy and the rest of you, did you fear withdrawl symptoms?
Old 07-09-2011, 10:16 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Today's Muse

I too was trying to stay one step ahead of the withdrawals. I used to visually compare it to trying to outrun a freight train. It couldn't be done, the train would always win. It is scary, but it can be done. Knowledge it key. Obtain all the knowledge you can on getting and staying sober. Good luck to all of you.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:07 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Day 5

Squishy & lmgirl - I made it and was so proud of myself (it wasn't AS bad as I thought it was going to be), but REALLY struggling today! I posted in July '11 that I know I won't drink today, but I am a raging bitch because of it! I feel like I am snapping at my kids the last hour just like the hungover days! Today is horrible for me, I won't drink, but I swear I can't do this if everyday is like this...we went to an art festival today (many people drinking), lunch (many people drinking) and all I could do was fixate on the drinks in people's hands! I feel like I am thinking about drinking CONSTANTLY! It doesn't help that I am divorced, so no real adult interaction all day...so we are heading to the park in a few to hopefully clear my head (we are in an apartment now, but moving in 2 weeks to a house with an awesome yard, a ton more space), but this year in an apartment with 3 little ones has been beyond challenging! Ugh - I hate today! Sorry for my bitching, but today is not good
So proud of you guys for no drinks last night and for everyone else on here! Month July is doing awesome!
Old 07-10-2011, 08:12 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Good job snoopy!!! I am so happy to make it to Sunday. I too have been cranky to the family. But it will pass. Good job ladies! One weekend down!
Old 07-10-2011, 08:24 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Stay strong to all of you on this thread! YOU CAN DO THIS! One day at a time.

Squishy - great job! Your thread is staying busy - super, super!
Old 07-10-2011, 08:55 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Squishy and the rest of you, did you fear withdrawl symptoms?[/QUOTE]

Yes, Irisheyes, I was very fearful of the withdrawls, and they sucked as I thought they would (mine were not severe to warrant medical attention or doctor intervention but I am sure you have read enough on here to contact you doctor if you feel it could be serious), but I reasoned a few days/week of feeling really ****** beat a lifetime more of hangovers, shakes, and the like
Good Luck and keep posting! We're here for you! Oh, and this is the first time I tried responding with this quote thing, so if it looks weird it means I did it wrong
Old 07-10-2011, 09:20 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Snoopy my withdrawl symptoms were not as bad but did suck. Headaches, nightsweats, dreams, cravings. But they all pass in time. I used to work at a coroner's office and the doc told me, the only withdrawl you can die from is alcohol, not even heroin, but alcohol. Thats why its time to get it done now!!!
Old 07-10-2011, 10:42 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

I know how you feel. I have done day one a few too many times too. I hope I can put together many days. Hang in there.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:44 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

I know I am trying.
Old 07-10-2011, 06:16 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Hey! How's everyone doing tonight?? Squishy, how you feeling?

I can't believe I made it, an entire weekend without any alcohol! First time in over a year (and before then only b/c I was pregnant) This morning was the first time in a loooooong time I wasn't sitting in church with a fuzzy head. Felt great. Sunday is actually the hardest for me in some respects b/c we usually have a real nice Sunday night dinner, with the real china and good wine. Not tonight - we still used the real china, had a nice dinner, but drank WATER! Can't believe it. . .bring on day 6!

Have a great night, everyone. I'll probably not be checking in much the next few days - my Mon-Wed office blocks this site. But I'll be thinking and praying for strength for all this week!
Old 07-10-2011, 07:40 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Day 6 is almost down! I had a couple of rough cravings this afternoon, fought through them, but WOW! This was my toughest day so far, but I persevered

I hope everyone is hanging in there and bring on day 7! I have not gone more than 2 days without drinking since I was pregnant with my youngest daughter - she is 3 1/2 if you need a time line!

Heading to my first AA meeting tomorrow night and VERY nervous! Not quite sure what to expect!

Hope you all have a good night's sleep and we are doing GREAT!!
Old 07-11-2011, 05:58 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Snoopy! That's great! Go day 7!! I'm on day 6, and it feels great. My next big hurdle will be this upcoming weekend. I'm taking my husband to the Sade/John Legend concert. . . and I KNOW I will want a drink. I have all week to prepare for it. . .

Oh, I guess i can get on from here. . .
Old 07-11-2011, 07:02 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! Sorry I was so absent the last couple days. Its hard for me to get online at home on the weekends since my hubby is not quite on board with this idea. I am so glad to hear that everyone is still here! WOOHOO - onto a new week.

I had an awful weekend of cravings and dealing with family. It was probably one of the worst in a long time. I'm just glad we are back to Monday! Onward and stay strong!
Old 07-11-2011, 08:01 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Good job Squishy and Co. I've been quiet for the weekend but did fine. I'm off to an all day barrel racing clinic, so I'm nervous and expect to be SORE tonight. But it's so nice to face something so physically challenging really sober and healthy.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:04 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Wow Missy! Have a wonderful time - how excited is that!! Let us know how it goes!
Old 07-11-2011, 08:55 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Day 7

Hey guys! Great job Squishy! I had a pretty bad weekend of cravings myself, but we did it! My worst times are from 4-9 everyday, but once I have the girls in bed, they are gone and I am fine with reading, watching TV, etc. And of course, weekends are awful! I am REALLY nervous about tonight though because I am going out to dinner with the ex-boyfriend to "discuss" things and this will a). be my first dinner out since I quit and b). I know he will have a couple of drinks. I already found myself making deals with myself like, "maybe just one glass" to ease tension, and "hey, you went a week, maybe you don't have THAT bad a problem". Well, don't need to explain the mind games here - we've all done them
Happy Sober Monday Team July!
Old 07-11-2011, 09:22 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Oh Snoopy!!! I make deals with my head like that daily! Isn't it amazing how our minds work? I hate it. Well if I just have it on Saturday night, then it isn't really a problem right? UGH I hear ya! Good luck. Let me know how you do.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:28 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Just wanted to drop by and say great job everyone!!
Old 07-11-2011, 09:38 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Hey Leo! How are you doing?