Notices

Back again

Old 07-22-2011, 05:23 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
DJ1

Day 30 !!
Thank you to everyone for their support especially buelah & stream wader it's been a tough ride for us all but well worth it day at a time is the only way forward this 30 day posting really kept me accountable & just what I needed to keep me on track through the early days !!
I would still like to keep the journey going so if you all don't mind I'd like to post every
Monday & to see how everyone is doing I'll still be reading the boards a big help for me !!

But for the first 30 down I say whoooo hooooo I think that's what the kids say LOL

I'm hoping the next days go easier with better sleep & memory comes back but if it don't I'll have to come up with a good reason to people why I can't remember anything.

I feel like I'm saying good bye to an old friend !! So I'll post next Monday if that's ok with all again thank you

On woods & up woods

Day 30 I got you in the bag !!
Old 07-22-2011, 05:27 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Great job! Can't wait to be there again.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:23 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

See you on Monday!
Old 07-23-2011, 09:12 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

DJ - congrats on 30 - excellent - time to double that number!
Old 07-23-2011, 02:58 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations DJ

D
Old 07-25-2011, 11:38 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  
DJ1

Wow it's Monday already !!

Day 33 on woods & up woods
Just a quick post as I'm super late today hope everyone has a great week I'll post next Mo day a full week of no posting a challenge in itself I know I have an addictive personality even if its posting LOL

Have a grea week all post your news & dates. Keep strong my band of merry peeps

Week 5 I got ya baby
Old 07-26-2011, 04:50 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

It's Tuesday and I'm looking forward to the week end already. Take care all.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:09 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  
DJ1

Week 6 !!

A really tough week never went out but just had this nagging feeling all week that something was missing !! I was expecting 5 weeks in not to have this feeling any more mind you I should know better from my other failed attempts but I stayed strong
Got back to exercising again still gaining weight !! How strange is that I don't drink all those empty calories any more & I'm eating healthy exercising .... & gaining weight

I have to go back to the UK in 4 weeks that will be tough as everyone I will be around are heavy drinkers I'll be further along in my sobriety so hope that helps me along

Well my friends I hope everyone is staying strong & doing well fighting the dreaded wine as I like to call it

Week 6 I'm coming for you
Have a great day all
Old 08-01-2011, 06:01 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Hey DJ

You're stronger than me. I caved in yesterday. Day 42, I think. It was my Mom's 81st birthday and we have a party/family reunion for her every year. The party started Friday evening with people coming and going all week end. Plenty of booze flowing around. I got through Friday & Saturday but it was not easy. Sunday Mom opened presents which included a fine bottle of Scotch. At Moms request my Dad, two brothers and I all indulged with her. Not my Moms fault I could have refused and everybody would have understood. I wanted that drink. So, back to square one.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:06 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Welcome back
Old 08-01-2011, 08:40 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  
~sb

It gets different. Try no expectations and live in today! You CAN do it.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:35 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  
DJ1

Almost forgot to post
Mind still in a fog lol. When will it end !!

Streamwader I hope you are doing well a slip up is not a road to complete fall off don't do me when I have 1 I go off the rails for months stay strong I'll be thinking of you

This is just a quick post my bed is calling me

Hope everyone is doing well
Till next time
Old 08-09-2011, 03:57 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

DJ1, What an inspiration you are to me! I'm so glad that I just found this thread - I read the entire thing. You have some pretty heavy family issues, as do I, and you've done it! I am clawing my way back this time and I can relate to everything you've posted each day. You keep going girl! Stories like yours give me hope!
Old 08-09-2011, 05:51 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Hey DJ - Good to hear from you. It's been pouring rain in Michigan for three days, but I am dry. Feeling pretty good. Talk to you next week.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:18 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

I love threads that show so much progress! To see where you started and now where you are...very inspiring! Great job!
Old 10-28-2011, 12:58 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  
DJ1

Well here's an update just posted this in October

well it's taken me a while to come back & I'm so sick of day 1's
I had such a Good sober stretch then all he'll broke loose around me yep I'm doing it again making excuses fir my poor NO let me state that correctly disgusting decisions

so yet again it's that terrible first day when will I learn my life is so much fuller booze free off to pour all booze down the sink & start back on my journey

sorry to ramble I really don't feel worthy of posting on here but it's the only way I know how to start my journey for the last time dear God cus I don't think my health will take much more
Old 10-28-2011, 01:21 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

While I know from first hand experience how much posting another day 1 is I have to also say that when you stop having the courage to try again is far worse (in every possible imaginable way, guaranteed).

You can do this, never ever give up...

Be kind to yourself & do your best to learn from this slip. Its tough I know, if you can do it for a day you can do it for a lifetime.... one day at a time.

Take care, good luck & keep posting.

Cheers ~ NB
Old 10-28-2011, 02:35 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think if you're struggling SR is the best place to be DJ1 - I'm glad you came back and posted.

D