Notices

Back again

Old 06-26-2011, 02:52 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Good morming! I hope your gathering was pleasant and uneventful yesterday. I know family functions can be stressful and could certainly make me consider a drink. Family arguements (With hubby or anyone else) are so tense. Keep pushing on!
Old 06-26-2011, 04:50 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
DJ1

The sun is shinning had a restless night but that's OK I don't have a foggy alcohol head yay for me ( patting ones self on the back ). LOL I can't remember the last time I woke up thinking it's a great day to be alive listen to me ramble !!
Yesterday went well drank water a few relatives looked at me strange ! But that's OK I did not stay too long do not want to be with heavy drinkers any more not good for me need to start changing what I did before to make me drink ( way deep for 7 ish am )

DAY 4 !! Let's start to enjoy my own company
Old 06-26-2011, 12:18 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Congrats on day 4, DJ! That's about the time I could feel a little sanity starting to return. Keep it simple, easy does it, one day at a time...... you can do it!
Old 06-27-2011, 05:00 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
DJ1

Day 5. & I feel like I've been run over by a truck !! slept for 6 hours straight to be honest I didn't want to get out of bed,
I hope this is a turning point where I can start to feel normal well normal for me LOL
Went food shopping yesterday lots of healthy fruits & veg !
I did look down the wine isle out of habit & heard my bad self on the one shoulder saying look at the nice wine bottles, scooted out of that isle as quick as possible felt very proud at check out with no booze in my cart, it's the little things like that which are huge deals for me right now, but Im on day 5 & loving it !!
Happy Monday all
Old 06-27-2011, 06:03 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Nice to see your post and being strong. Hope this Monday and your entire week goes well.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:40 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

Hang in there DJ!

Kudos on not going down that aisle...

TB
Old 06-28-2011, 04:41 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
DJ1

Wow day 6 !! I have to say slept hard again last night still woke up very foggy but that's Ok better than hung over
Had somevwild dreams last night !! I have to get motivated to start an exercise program but to be honest I feel like I have no energy hoping in the next few days this feeling passes, it's strange it's like some one died & I have this feeling of sadness the last 24 hours weird hope this feeling goes real quick !!
Well day 6 almost a week day at a time
Happy Tuesday all
Old 06-28-2011, 05:07 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Good morning DJ! I have been feeling a little low myself the last day or so but nothing I can't overcome. You do the same, there are to many smiley faces on your post to make me think you won't!
Old 06-28-2011, 05:16 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

DJ1 - just read your thread. Congrats to you and staying strong. It is awful how the wine/beer/liquor aisles are a huge temptation right now. In Michigan we have Meijer (large super center grocery store) - and those aisles are just lovely - all those colorful bottles. But, what's inside thme is not so lovely. I couldn't push my cart past those aisles fast enough.

And I will have to remember that when doing social functions to keep going, but maybe just cut it a little shorter than normal to get through it without the urge to drink. There always to seem to be a trigger there that can make you want that drink.

Be well!
Old 06-28-2011, 05:54 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

DJ - Tomorrow will start day 7 for you! Let me know how your feeling!
Old 06-29-2011, 05:21 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
DJ1

Day 7 blimey, I keep pinching myself !
Well an uneventful night well not really it's a big deal for me. Whoo hoo sober 6 nights
Did not get a good nights sleep but that's OK started To get back to exercising yesterday,
I'd rather replace my addiction from Booze to fitness !!

I never told anyone I quit drinking for good !! not even my husband as they all never believe me so I said nothing hubby does not drink quit years ago while watching me
spiral !! this time around I really didn't care what other thought I really am doing it for me this time, no one not even hubby has said a word to me about not drinking I can just imagine their thoughts here we go again. Won't be long shell be back drinking NOT
This time it really feels different this week has gone really quick. Not easy but I know that it never will be I'll always have that little nagging B on my shoulder tempting me but
I must fight the temptation every day !! Before when I have quit. I always thought Ok. I've quit so I. Not an alcoholic so I can have a drink socially again NOT the case for me
Or anyone else reading this, but if I really take this day at a time & believe that I am. More then worth it I can do it , here I go again rambling OK. I promised myself to re commit by posting the first 30 days. Thank you for stopping by. & I hope everyone has a fantastic sober day
DAY 7 come to me. Sober 7

Buelah & stramwader thank you for you encouragement I feel like this time I am on a team that needs all the players to do their part to succeed thanks to everyone what a great team we are
Old 06-29-2011, 05:33 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Congrats DJ! Sobriety is a wonderful thing. Let's keep this going! Glad to hear of your accomplishment.

Have a beautiful day. Be well.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:39 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Ramble all you want. I love reading it, I get such a positive vibe from your thread.
I spent all of my adult life not drinking for two days and thinking "I'm not an alcoholic, I haven't drank for two (maybe 3) days" And then going on a 4 month jag of drinking everyday. Thats no way to live. Keep up the good work.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:35 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Day 7 blimey, I keep pinching myself !
I know right! Can you believe you are doing it? I so know what you are talking about when it comes to the spouse and the "here we go again..." and them wondering if it's for real THIS TIME.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:50 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Came to Believe

Congratulations on Day 7, DJ. Every day it just gets a little better, doesn't it?
Old 06-29-2011, 12:54 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

Yay DJ!
Old 06-30-2011, 05:04 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
DJ1

Day 8 !! in other words 1 week & 1 day that feels good to say

Well last night was probably one of my toughest since I started on my sober journey at around 6 I felt like I needed a drink Nope I did not. Take a drink but I realized something I didn't need a drink I wanted a drink big difference for me well I took out a wine glass poured in some soda water a slice od lemon ice sat down & it was better than any drink I had in years, at that moment I realized this is my new drink of choice !!
Slept full 7 hours haven't haven't done that in a long long time

This morning I'm feeling good about life realized it's not going to be. Like it was before when I would quit & start again this time I know that little B on my shoulder ithat wants to tempt me won't be going away I'm just going to have to learn to tell him daily to shut the He'll up as I'm in charge !!

Thank you fir all your support last night when it got rough I thought of you all the. Toasted my soda water to all in SR

happy Thursday all.
PS. Just about to check power ball tickets. So you never know. LOL
Old 06-30-2011, 05:07 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Glad to see you made it another DJ - keep pushing!
Old 06-30-2011, 05:10 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hiya DJ, and welcome back. Sorry I missed the earlier posts, but I just wanted to say take care. I believe it was around 7 days for me as well when I had the worst cravings to drink. My replacement wasn't soda and lemon lime, it was Nestle Quick lol!

Anyways, nice to see you're fighting the good fight.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:23 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hey DJ. Have you tried the "Classical Sobertini" yet? Looks good in a wine or martini glass and the taste is unique. Sometimes when the sparkling water isn't cutting it anymore I will whip one up. Nice change of pace. I am not sure of the correct proportions of pineapple juice, grenedine and sprite that Classical (See "Classical is Back!" or the "Class of June 2011" threads) uses but I have not made one yet that tastes bad.

Congrats on day 8!