Notices

Back again

Old 07-01-2011, 04:49 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
DJ1

Good morning All WOW day 9 !! Had to double check above that it was day 9
Good day yesterday started to get back to exercising way-out of shape but that's OK
I'll get their ! I have taken to walking in the evenings rather than drinking it is a new kind of high, I'm finding exercising in the evenings sets off my endorphins rather than drinking.
Tonight were due to go out to a pub/eatery not looking forward to it hubby said should be good if you don't drink too much I still don't think he's realized I've quit but hey that's OK
I'll go tonight be strong & show em all if it gets a bit much I'll go for a walk LOL

Thank you for all your support it really is a big help I'm finding doing this every morning for the first 30 days is making me accountable !

Stream wader that drink sounds yummy I'll give it a go thanks !

Well day 9 here we come
Happy Friday to all
Old 07-01-2011, 05:06 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

DJ - congrats on Day 9. I'm on Day 8 - and I don't think my hubby has noticed either. I was going to sit him down last night and talk to him about it, but it got to be too late, and I needed more than 20 minutes to tell him.

Evening walks are wonderful, aren't they? Treat yourself to those as much as you can.

I'm happy you are on Day 9. Happy Friday! Have a wonderful sober weekend!
Old 07-01-2011, 05:12 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I'm to lazy to monitor a thread of of my own so your daily posts are making me accountable, too. Thanks. I will be wandering about the wilderness of northern Mi this weekend and compuer free (Yay!). So have a nice week end.

At the Pub tonight try the Sobertini. Looks like a drink, feels like a drink and does not taste like a soda. One part pineapple juice, two parts sprite and a shot of grenadine (basically cherry syrup). I like it over ice.

May the 4th be with you.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:38 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Welcome back. As Bike Guy said, you've done this before and know the resources you have. You got this.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:38 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
DJ1

Day 10. Whooop whoop as the kids say lol
Wow I have to say yesterday was a very stressful day at work everything that could go wrong did so !! Got home to late to go with hubby he went by himself to be honest I was glad I did not got out I had a much needed wind down !! Get this on a day like that I would normally got totally hammered not so yesterday had a nice walk & some R&R

I am starting to get some deep sleeps in but waking up if a truck hit. Me hope this feeling goes soon as I'm waking up tired !! Hey but not hung over so I should quit moaning

Well I hope everyone has a happy 4th weekend ! I have just been informed were having a barbie at our house tomorrow hubby invited people over to be honest at this stage in my sobriety I like my own company lol

Bring on day 10 !!

Buelah congrats on your new sober lfe its hard all the time but the first few weks are tough I've decided not to even talk to hubby about the drinking his one of the problems I need to address why i drank I hope you have more success with your hubby I agree thevwalks are great for clearing your thoughts & eating sone time up that I would normally be drinking

Stream wader hope you have a fantastic trip sounds like a totally unplugged weekend! enjoy
Old 07-02-2011, 04:49 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Congrats on Day 10 DJ!

Another morning of feeling refreshed. I'm a little sleepy every morning, but as I get moving about, I'm so glad to enjoy my first cup of company checking in on every one. I've always liked coffee, but never first thing. It tasted horrible with all the booze flavor in my mouth.

Continue to enjoy your sober days. And keep posting. It sure is therapeutic.

Enjoy the festivities the weekend will have to offer, as well!
Old 07-03-2011, 05:03 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
DJ1

Day 11 !!

Well I have to say for some reason evening 10 was one of my hardest. This naging voice telling me I need to drink such a strange urge I really had to fight hard !!
I ended up cleaning the house till 2am needless to say I faught off the urge I have a super clean house but now I'm so tired last night for the first time I really got it a non alcoholic would never get those feelings it was so strange it came out of no where very scary the urge was so strong I felt myself talking to myself !! Explaining being rashanall I probably will face this many more times but I know one thing I'll have to struggle & fight hard like I did last night !!
Another scary thing has happened in day 10/11 I had an email about something I did at work yesterday I'm Re playing what I did over & over in my mind & I honestly can't remember it's like I lost 3 hours out of my day I really can not remember what I did in this few hours, How scary is that !!

Day 11 we have people over later for a BBQ thankfully they are not drinkers so Today will be a fun day hope everyone has a happy 4th weekend

Hello Day 11 you are mine !!

How scary is that
Old 07-04-2011, 07:46 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
DJ1

Day 12 !!
Whoo hoooo. Double pinching myself !

Wow yesterday was a great day hung out with good friends fireworks at the end of the night & no booze didn't miss it either
Slept hard 9 hours woke up still with a thick head but I'm on day 12

Happy 4 th everyone stay safe & have fun !!

Day 12 let's do this.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:43 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

And a fine 4th to you as well. Congrats on day 12.
Old 07-04-2011, 04:36 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

You are doing great DJ1, keep going, rooting 4 you.

SteamWader, your doing great too.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:37 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
DJ1

Day 13. !!

What do they say about # 13 well let me tell you it's going to be lucky 13 for me today
Still feel like a truck hit me when I first wake up but then again I'm also going to bed later than when I did when I was drinking, the boozing used to make me be asleep by 10 at the latest now I'm watching tv or reading till 12 yep I'm a night owl LOL !!

I'm almost half way through the month & my month of accountability for posting very day ! When the month is over I'm going to have to start a journal writing down my some what hazy thoughts really has been a big help & the support of SR family

StreamWader you are doing fantastic I love it when you post As our sober days are very close hope it is getting easier for you & enjoying your new life !!
That's the key it's a new life !!

Thank you tall cactus & everyone that has taken the time out to read my sober posts it really is a huge help

Ok here's to a great day for all !

Day 13 !!
Old 07-05-2011, 05:09 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hey DJ.

Every post you sound a little stronger and a little more upbeat. That always makes me a little more positive as well. Thanks, and keep up that energy flowing.

My unplugged week end was very nice. Weather was wonderful, fishing was good, and the kids took to the river with me on a couple occasions. My cabin has no phone and I left my cell phone in the truck. Very quiet.

It was difficult to come to work. I sit in a windowless office with two computer screens, three phone lines, a fax machine and copier. I sometimes feel like my soul is being sucked away.

Take care.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:43 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

DJ - a lucky day it is - 13 is a lucky number in our family. My parents were married May 13th - and just celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary. It seems no matter where we go, 13 comes up - campsite, number of people at a party, etc. It's a good #...14 will be even better, right?

I'm riding on your shirt tails...day 12 for me.

Keep posting. It's a good feeling to make it through each day. Scary part is, I feel like Super Woman for some crazy reason. My husband can't believe that even with beer and wine in the house, I haven't touched a thing. But, I sure love my Crystal Light, tea, and water.

Congrats!
Old 07-06-2011, 04:47 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
DJ1

Day 14. !!!

Well last night was uneventful I can honestly say This was the first night I did not have that nagging B on my shoulder telling me to drink !! mind you I had the worst sweet tooth last night..... Don't worry I easily sorted that out after 3 bars of chocolate LOL
Have no clue where the chocolate craving came from looks like I'm on a diet as well !

Still having problems with sleeping. The night before slept great last night back to 5 hours & some pritty strange dreams !!
Well today is day 14 just off for a morning walk to start the day off !
Hope everyone has a. Fantastic day
Buelah aka superwoman !! & streamwader You are doing fantastic it's great were in this fight together, SW you'll have to get a nice. Screen saver I feel for you a windowless office. Not good
Buelah my hubby still has said nothing !! not mentioned a word I am glad yours is supportive I'm with you crystal light I'm killing the tea as well. I think on. Up to 25 cups a day LOL looks like I've replaced the. Booze. With tea oh well keeps me Going Literally LOL
Oh well walk & work are calling !!

Bring it on day 14 !! what do you have in store today for me
Old 07-06-2011, 04:56 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

DJ - Day 14 - go get it!

I definitely don't support having alcohol in the house when trying to kick this. But, for now, I'm okay with it - no urges. I just know if I touch it, I'll fall hard. And I'm really liking this new me.

I'm with you on the windowless office - if I had to work in the shop I do payables and purchasing for, I would have a hard time. It's dirty on top of no windows. But, yes, screensaver, plants, and Streamwader, get one of those pictures that has a flowing stream or something like that on it. Have you seen those?

Enjoy your walk DJ - I don't have time for one this morning, so I'll walk with you in heart and mind. Don't work too hard today. And congrats on continued success - you have a very positive outlook on all this and that is wonderful!
Old 07-06-2011, 05:17 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Hey DJ

Three chocolate bars? Please. I ate a half gallon of moosetrack ice cream last night. The silver lining is I don't worry about going to the Pub anymore since I doubt I'll fit through the door. And the bar stool would certainly collapse. :

Two weeks sober is a great feeling. Yes?
Take care and keep posting.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:53 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
DJ1

Day 15 !!

Just a quick post on the way out the door
Yep 15 it's closer to a month had a good day ended up going for another walk last night then for a couple of mile run It's great to get back to exercise !!

Buelah & stream wader have a great day I'm happy were on the sober train together
Ice cream don't get me tempted on other things. Trying to loose weight I think I'm the only person I know that drank like a fish & gained weight LOL

Have a happy day
Day 15 !! Whoo hoooo. Happy days are here again
Old 07-07-2011, 06:25 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

DJ - you are just moving right along! And no, you are not alone when it comes to gaining weight. My sister-in-law is an alcoholic, but won't admit it, and she has gained a lot of weight. She's a beauty, too....just needs to stop drinking and take care of herself as we are trying to do.

Enjoy your day! Look forward to seeing you post again tomorrow! I'm right behind you!
Old 07-07-2011, 08:37 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Half way to your goal of posting every day for a month straight. I'm hoping it doesn't stop there because I look forward to hearing from you in the morning.

Wife had a single glass of wine last night (How does she do that?) and it didn't bother me a bit. This week end is a big test. Two day party with the families with the guys (One of them lives on a lake) that stood in my wedding. Boating, swimming, sking, BBQ and of course drinking. My wife, God bless her, has all ready told me that she will pack up and leave in a moments notice if there is peer presure to drink. We'll see.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:59 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Back and Welcome to all those new to Sobriety. Keep on Keepin on...one day at a time.