Notices

Class of February *2009*

Old 02-18-2009, 03:17 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Tomorrow will make the REAL day one as I got through the night and early a.m. on 3 beers today

But now I can be a part of this class too! Bye-Bye Class of January....
Old 02-18-2009, 03:23 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Congrats on day five Least!!! Great job. And Nicki, welcome to the Class of Feb!!! Glad to have you with us.
Wes
Old 02-18-2009, 03:44 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
uʍop ǝpısdn

good job least!!!! And nicki it's better here in this class, I'm here.
.. .................................................. ........................
Old 02-18-2009, 04:10 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Hardwired is right...he my fav teacher haha And seriously a great person.
Wes
Old 02-18-2009, 11:33 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Just checking in all!
I've been slacking lately. (Not drinking, Thank God)!
Just my posting.
Hope everyone is well, and sober. Take care.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:03 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
BKP

I stopped drinking a few days into January, I am glad to be sober through February, I am in the class of Feb because it will be my first entire sober month.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:22 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

day six here and woke up feeling better than yesterday morning, so that's a good sign.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:32 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HardwiredFlaws View Post
good job least!!!! And nicki it's better here in this class, I'm here.
.. .................................................. ........................
You got that right, Hardwired.

Originally Posted by Wombat05 View Post
Just checking in all!
I've been slacking lately. (Not drinking, Thank God)!
Just my posting.
Hope everyone is well, and sober. Take care.
Me, too. Been reading, not posting. But I have to find my new job, so I'll be on the I-Net for that. Wish me well!

Be sober, not somber.

This is me with my alkie voice:
Old 02-19-2009, 06:15 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hi All. Way to go.
Day one for me. Least, Fire, I'm with you. I so badly want to beat this beast.... I'm praying I make it through day 1 and get to bed sober tonight....
Old 02-19-2009, 08:30 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Originally Posted by solice View Post
Hi All. Way to go.
Day one for me. Least, Fire, I'm with you. I so badly want to beat this beast.... I'm praying I make it through day 1 and get to bed sober tonight....
Hello Class !!!!

Day 1 for me too, Solice! Let's stick together on this.... WE can beat this beast!

Today I woke up with a new set of eyes on sobriety and am grateful to be back on the "wagon trail" again! Being sober is sooo much better than getting drunk and hiding out in the house, not answering the phone, not going to work, not being here!!!

Today I will not pick up the booze!
Old 02-19-2009, 08:36 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
uʍop ǝpısdn

Good for you Nicki, and solice welcome to the best class anywhere!
Heres a good lesson for today:
Rather than giving power to our fears today, lets give our fears to our HP (God).
My solution is telling my fears how big my God is, rather than telling God how big my fears are.
Let's try that and see what happens..
Old 02-19-2009, 09:53 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm on day six, and the meds from the hospital got me thru the withdrawal very well, but I'm having the urge to drink. I'd have to go out in the cold to the store to get it, and I'm talking myself out of it by posting here. I will stay sober today. I will stay sober today. I don't want to start all over again. I don't want to go thru withdrawals again. I will stay sober today.

I will enjoy a sober day with my dogs or watching a movie, but I will not give in to the alcoholic voice asking for a bottle of wine. Get thee behind me, Bacchus, you old devil!

I need encouragement right now, like 'stay home' and 'don't go to that store'. Thanks for hearing me. It helps to get it out.

:ghug
Old 02-19-2009, 09:58 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Day one again for me. I'll tell you it's a relief to confess to someone. I hate living in this hell. I don't understand why I do this to myself over and over again. I know that I feel better sober, I know that life get's managable again if I just don't drink. But I do it anyway. As far as the withdrawals go, I'm looking at them as a way of punishing myself. Sick I know, but true.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:19 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Good Morning Friends!

I'm still getting used to SR...I didn't realize there's a thread for a Month Class to join till now.

I joined last month but I would like to join the February Class too please. Congratulations!!! To all those hear in the Class of Feb. It's a great place to be this "Sobriety" ain't it!!! Wow...I'm actually on my Day 50...taht sounds nifty "out loud"?! Keep striving everyone - It's WELL WORTH IT!!!

Love to all, Pancake =^..^= XO
Old 02-19-2009, 10:21 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

the first night i didnt drink was the 14th. i always thought that i would spend that day/night being really, really depressed and drinking myself stupid. IRONIC! but yay!
Old 02-19-2009, 01:38 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

congrats to all februarians......especially my good friend wombat who is a 2/2/09 guy like me.

congrats to all of you guys that are starting over. it gives me hope. i honestly don't plan on slipping up buy you guys have shown me that even if i did i would not be cast away from here but welcomed back with open and loving arms.

i'm so proud of you for saying that even tho' you may have had a drink you have had enough and going to start a new day.

i try to remind myself of how freakin' toxic i was on 2/2/09 with a stomach that couldn't keep water down and hands that were trembling as i typed my first message on here that monday.

as you get further away from the quit date the body recovers and it's easy to forget what a poison it is. and the hold it can have on us. i love reading the first day posts. not because i'm a masochist and enjoy someone elses pain......it keeps me humble and i say a little prayer for them as i was there 17 short days ago.

it reminds how so many people have at one time googled "how to quit drinking" and ended up here in this community.

special thanks to you guys that have been here forever. don't ever underestimate your worth for the hope you give us. you freakin' rock and as powers booth said in tombstone...."i ain't kiddin' neither"

are there any other 2/2/09's out there?
Old 02-19-2009, 01:51 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Least, don't go out in that cold weather to the store today! You've made it this far and congratulations on day six! Lets make it through the rest of the day together, so we can all go to bed happy that we're sober? I believe in you Least, keep it up and keep trying so hard. I believe you can make it. I'm here for ya as are we all.
Wes
Old 02-19-2009, 01:54 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Decided instead to walk down the street to the nice Italian restaurant and get an order of homemade bread for supper. That will taste better and not make me sick tomorrow.

Old 02-19-2009, 01:58 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Great job Least...sounds like a good idea!
Wes
Old 02-19-2009, 02:36 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I won't be leaving the house tonight for anything. Just fed my stray cats and it's really freakin cold. Too cold to walk down the street for bread that would be ice cold by the time I got it home probably. Maybe some cinnamon toast would be good... and won't involve a walk in the cold.