View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 01:38 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
a fallen man

congrats to all februarians......especially my good friend wombat who is a 2/2/09 guy like me.

congrats to all of you guys that are starting over. it gives me hope. i honestly don't plan on slipping up buy you guys have shown me that even if i did i would not be cast away from here but welcomed back with open and loving arms.

i'm so proud of you for saying that even tho' you may have had a drink you have had enough and going to start a new day.

i try to remind myself of how freakin' toxic i was on 2/2/09 with a stomach that couldn't keep water down and hands that were trembling as i typed my first message on here that monday.

as you get further away from the quit date the body recovers and it's easy to forget what a poison it is. and the hold it can have on us. i love reading the first day posts. not because i'm a masochist and enjoy someone elses pain......it keeps me humble and i say a little prayer for them as i was there 17 short days ago.

it reminds how so many people have at one time googled "how to quit drinking" and ended up here in this community.

special thanks to you guys that have been here forever. don't ever underestimate your worth for the hope you give us. you freakin' rock and as powers booth said in tombstone...."i ain't kiddin' neither"

are there any other 2/2/09's out there?