Notices

Class of September 2008

Old 09-03-2008, 06:18 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I haven't been here for awhile, but just wanted to offer my support to the Sept Class (to which I belong). Today is day 3 and Although I have gone through all of the phases; I shouldn't drink, I won't drink, I can't drink...I feel like I'm at the point where I don't want to drink. It does nothing positive for me anymore, no buzz, however short. So what's the point? If there is No positive reason to drink (ie it makes me feel good...which now it doesn't), and so many reasons NOT to drink, why DO IT. Least has said that the magic turning point for her was wanting to be sober MORE than wanting to drink. Well, hopefully I'm at that point. Good Luck to everyone. I've come home...:ghug
Old 09-03-2008, 07:12 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Fantastic hideorseek good to have you here. I'm on day 3 as well.

I can't fault your logic!!!
Old 09-03-2008, 08:35 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Welcome back home HideorSeek.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:34 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Hi HideorSeek...

Ok... 09/03/08... my new Day 1. I'm going to do everything in my power to make it my LAST Day 1.

I don't know what I was doing last night. What caused me to throw away my first sober week in MONTHS. I honestly don't know. By comparison, I didn't drink as much last night as I would have a week ago... and I still feel like crap, I still don't remember going to bed, I still wonder what I said and did in that last hour before coming to bed (I HATE THAT), and today I am kicking myself. I don't like it. I don't want it. I don't want to do this anymore.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:21 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
FreeSpirit

Hy: everybody glad 2 see the old, with the new, join in we are all in
this together, had a ruff time falling sleep last night got the olny
sinus pressure, but this to "Should Pass"

I just want to "Welcome everybody no matter what is never too late
to Star the Class of Sept, we will "Graduate"Don't Give up
cause a Day Sober for you is a "Day Clean for Me":ghug2
Old 09-03-2008, 10:24 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Having a really hard time right now. I was in the July class, but then drank. I'm now on day 2. Just so crappy to have to start over again.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:26 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

*HUGS* dancinggirl. I'm here with you. Let me know if you wanna chat or anything.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:36 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hey all, having a very hard evening. I so wanted to drink to block everything out. I didn't but I feel so low and mentally drained tonight.

It's hard to believe the strength of the addiction. It's so dam powerful it can talk you into anything

Got to be positive and think long term. Not just my health, kid's, work or relationship. But for me, I have to do this for me.

It's just so hard isn't? we are the only people who understand this
Old 09-03-2008, 02:12 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I know how you feel pixy... tonights been tough for me too. Mood swinging from angry and annoyed to depressed in a matter of seconds... Just want to drink to numb it ...

Stick with it, you've done brilliant to get this far.

You and SR have been an inspiration to me and have helped so much....
Old 09-03-2008, 02:17 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Ditto! The moods are so bad, even I have had enough of them lol
Old 09-03-2008, 05:17 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Smile Day 2. Done!!

Well, I'm pretty much thru day 2. I didn't feel so bad today. This morning felt great. This afternoon I felt some cravings. I hate that. I still didn't indulge. I definitely know I don't want to get to where I was, drinking at HOME, by myself, EVERY DAY until I would fall asleep. I actually cooked dinner, walked the dogs with my daughter and now I am going to fold laundry and watch TV. Once the afternoon was over, my craving was over. I feel much better.
You all really are encouraging. I like the idea of 1 day at a time. It kinda takes the pressure off a bit.
Hope you all have a wonderful nites rest.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:25 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

" . . . drinking at HOME, by myself, EVERY DAY until I would fall asleep. I actually cooked dinner, walked the dogs with my daughter and now I am going to fold laundry and watch TV. Once the afternoon was over, my craving was over. I feel much better."

That was me exactly. Just wanted to say that the longest I had been sober before finding this site was the 9 months I carried my son. I am not to 9 months yet, but I am amazed I have made it this far. I stopped on May 13th this year and if it hadn't been for being able to come to this site for support I NEVER would have made it. I had been doing exactly what you have been doing every night for at least 5 years and so I thought changing that cycle would be impossible. I couldn't imagine it. I guess the point of this long winded post is if I can do it, you can do it because we might as well be twins as far as our drinking habits. Good luck to you!!
Old 09-03-2008, 07:27 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Doing great here but not without some challenges. I had another work meeting at a local bar & was offered beer tickets which I declined & had a few ginger ales on the rocks instead (was pretty pleased with myself). The entertainment industry tends to have lots of parties w alcohol so I might as well face it early.

Then out came the champagne for a toast & I accepted the glass & held it in my hand as the toast was made thinking... I don't want this.. what am I going to do??? Toast was made... clinking glasses... raised glass to lips... pretended to drink... put glass on table.. picked up ginger ale... I Win 8

Got out of there soon after & had to decline a few more free beers. Also saw my doc today & told her what was going on & about the anxiety. She was happy that I was finally doing something about my drinking but disappointed that I didn't see her first. She gave me a new prescription for my anxiety as it was getting a little worse since quitting.

My blood pressure was also up quite a bit so she gave me some meds for that & wants me to come back in 6 weeks. Overall a day of triumph for me, I'm going to have a hot bath & watch a movie (yes, in the bath hehe)

My support & best wishes to all you can do it... lets do it together :ghug:
Old 09-03-2008, 08:02 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
getting there

OK, everyone, I'm officially joining you here as I've managed to make today day 1. I'm having a lot of stress right now so it's really, really hard not to drink and make it all go away (I feel like it's my armor - nothing can bother me when I'm drunk). But I have done it, at least for tonight. I'm about to take a shower and go to bed, hopefully for the first good night's sleep in awhile!

Great job to everyone on here, I'm always amazed at how much I relate to all of you. Let's all stay in the class of September together!
Old 09-03-2008, 08:21 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Hey Horselover, MG, Cola (sure wish we could use our real names on here sometimes...) I really appreciate your posts. I think I am getting addicted to SR and this forum!! Great job everyone.
Cyber see you in the morning. Think about how great we will all feel!! Sleep well.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:34 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Welcome to the September class Cola :day4 glad to have ya.

Great job Suz :ghug2 stay addicted to SR ;-) Have a great nights sleep :bounce
Old 09-03-2008, 09:56 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Wing Nut

Originally Posted by audrakay1969 View Post
Now I just have one vice....alcohol. I wonder if I have to give this up, what else is there to look forward to? It's very scary to me. But I know there is more to life that alcohol.
I feel I can relate to that. It was scary for me first facing sobriety. I had a similar thought process, if I give this up, what do I have? It's different now. I don't really know if I can explain. I used to cope and escape from various stuff. And, it was scary to give up that "coping" (albeit unhealhty) skill, and at times it hurt on an emotional level. Yet now...looking back, I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

:ghug
Old 09-03-2008, 09:57 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by colagirl View Post
OK, everyone, I'm officially joining you here as I've managed to make today day 1. I'm having a lot of stress right now so it's really, really hard not to drink and make it all go away (I feel like it's my armor - nothing can bother me when I'm drunk). But I have done it, at least for tonight. I'm about to take a shower and go to bed, hopefully for the first good night's sleep in awhile!

Great job to everyone on here, I'm always amazed at how much I relate to all of you. Let's all stay in the class of September together!
I don't think there's anyone here who's not stressed - but there's a lot of ppl here who deal with it without drinking or using - you know that.

That's what recovery really means to me - finding new and better ways to deal with life - ways that won't kill me or make me sick or make me foolish or isolate me or cause me to drive away everyone and everything I love.

It's not easy - it's very hard - but....if we keep driving down that road? we *all* have to find new ways of coping eventually, cos if we don't give up our drug of choice - we die. Sometimes figuratively, often not.

You've got another chance to do it early - there's a million excuses not to, there always is - but why put it off another day?

Do it now.

It may feel like a suit of armour now - but it's not CG - it's an illusion - the Emperors New Clothes...

and I think you know that as well as I do...

D

Last edited by Dee74; 09-03-2008 at 10:20 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:58 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Master G, I can take a bit of inspiration from that. I've got a tough day ahead and your bar experience is gonna help me.

Well Done to everyone else who'd joined this wonderful september class... you guys really are making all the difference for me.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:00 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Hi there,

Hope you are all keeping well.

Can I join you?

I'm on Day 2 - feeling okay at the moment but know I have challenges ahead later this week.