Notices

Class of September 2008

Old 09-05-2008, 12:14 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Master G View Post
Welcome to the September club Honeywell We are all here for you, you can do this.

Feel free to share as much as you like. Best of luck :day4
Thanks Master G,

I would love to know what other people do when they get cravings. Please let me know what you have the challenges..:praying
Old 09-05-2008, 12:25 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Honeywell View Post
Thanks Master G,

I would love to know what other people do when they get cravings. Please let me know what you have the challenges..:praying

For me it has been remembering how horrible I felt after my last big binge (hanging outside of the hospital in case I needed to go in while drinking to get through it). I also try to clearly recall all of the bad days I have had (work & leisure) as well as the stupid decisions that I made & dumb things that I did while drinking.

Have a warm bath, watch a movie, go for a walk, have a ginger ale on the rocks. Whatever works for you (this includes chocolate ice cream right now )

Best of luck & keep posting, we are in this together :ghug3
Old 09-05-2008, 01:06 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Master G View Post
For me it has been remembering how horrible I felt after my last big binge (hanging outside of the hospital in case I needed to go in while drinking to get through it). I also try to clearly recall all of the bad days I have had (work & leisure) as well as the stupid decisions that I made & dumb things that I did while drinking.

Have a warm bath, watch a movie, go for a walk, have a ginger ale on the rocks. Whatever works for you (this includes chocolate ice cream right now )

Best of luck & keep posting, we are in this together :ghug3

I feel like really sad..now & can’t get sleep..I wish I could deal with these feelings a lot better..
Old 09-05-2008, 04:08 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Well good morning all.

Heartfelt thanks to everybody who posted words of encouragement. Cannot tell you how much it helps.

Also, to those who are struggling, hang in there. I too had an unbelievable night. Sleeplessness, of course (I think I've managed to memorise every feature,crack and blemish on the bedroom ceiling).

Uncontrolled twitches! Has anybody had those? I tell you, my arm would just jump up without notice, as if it had a mind of its own. What's that all about? (note to self: do not attend auctions for a while).

Dreams are crazy too. Took ages to realise I'd had nightmares and they weren't actually real. That there weren't any demons in the bedroom trying to eat my spleen. It was, in fact, the shadow cast from the bedroom curtains - a much less worrying adversary.

OK, day 4 for me. Best of luck for everyone today.

Positive thought for today:

I've got a lot more cash than I would have had.
I've found a brilliant new website, with some great people.
errr...... oh, bedroom ceiling really needs painting.

Take care.
Old 09-05-2008, 04:19 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Spleen eating demons? Thats well funny!

I've had the twitches while trying to fall asleep, its great fun leaping about the bed because your arm starts to go mental.

You are right this really is an amazing website, i'm CERTAIN i wouldn't still be sober if it wasn't for this site.

Thanks to everyone who contributes
Old 09-05-2008, 10:28 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

"Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time."
~Mark Twain

It's weird not drinking anymore. It's like having a new sense of freedom and learning what to do with it. I'm thinking about signing up for kung-fu lessons, kind of get my life centered again and all.
thanks for all the support everyone.

:atv
Old 09-05-2008, 01:37 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Hi everyone.....I am new and ready for class now too. I've been working hard to stay sober for a few months now and had done really well until recently. It is almost as if I just told myself that I would be fine to drink in moderation. Boy, was I so wrong!!! That was two weeks ago and now I am pretty much back to daily wine drinking again, and a lot of it.

I stopped doing the homework, but now my pencils are sharpened and I am ready to move forward.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:43 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
FreeSpirit

Hi! and Welcome Alllllllll!!! to Class of Sep, as for me today I made 2-hall months

Guys we could do this there is nothing Impossible, Remember all those nights,
and Days, we will go the xtra mile just to get our fix, or Drink, well with that
same Drive, and motivation, we put into our Recovery so Good Luck, God Bless,
and God Speed with you:ghug
Old 09-05-2008, 01:45 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Welcome greenbean. I can totally relate to what you are saying. This is my 4th attempt this year to stop every time before i've stopped for a little while and then tried to start drinking "normally" again. It always results in me drinking more than i ever did before.

Welcome aboard! I hope this place helps

Wibble
Old 09-05-2008, 07:12 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
getting there

Wow, I had to go to the second page to find this thread! How is everyone doing tonight? I went shopping for my sister-in-law's baby shower tomorrow. Had fun getting a bunch of cute pink stuff and now I am going to wrap it, then probably watch a movie.

What're you all doing?
Old 09-05-2008, 07:13 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
getting there

Oh yeah, I forgot to say... day 3. I thought of drinking a lot today. The upcoming baby shower is exciting (my first time being an aunt!), but family events are a huge source of stress for me.
Old 09-06-2008, 02:09 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, great to see some new people as well as the success that you are all having. I had a tough day with a lot of challanges but made it through just fine.

I had to stay away from a friend that was inviting me out even after I told him that I will not be drinking (still wanted me to meet him at the bar...) I also didnt go to a concert that I had tickets to (free tickets though), I just needed a break.

I did treat myself with a new laptop with the $500 I saved from not going out for dinner/drinks for the last 5 days (ok... it was more than 5 hun but still hehe)

I have been having some pretty weird/lucid dreams but I am dealing with it ok. Feeling pretty emotional on both ends of the scale, trying to keep busy on a Friday night.

It will be great to wake up with no hangover tomorrow & see my shiney new 13.3 inch laptop on the coffee table instead of a table filled with beer/wine - bottles/cans along with a massive hangover. I cant wait ;-)

Keep it up everyone.. you can do it :day4
Old 09-06-2008, 03:25 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Hello all.

Yeah, It's great to be hanging out with you guys. It is good to see success. Don't really know what to say to you guys who have slipped a bit because I'm a newcomer to this myself. I suppose 'hang in there and keep trying'.

I once heard that the greatest measure of your success is how far you bounced back from your lowest point...... or something like that.

I can really relate to you Master G. Having more money is a great feeling. Managed to summon up an extra £400 this week and send it to my wife and kids. Then didn't hear from them all evening which, I assume, is a good sign they are having a ball. This gave me a buzz I really needed all week as well as the motivation to do it again the next (I hope).

Yup, the weird dreams are still there but not as bad. Does anybody know those things you can buy where it's a kind of ugly face made out of some sort of fibres and you put cress seeds in the top which grow to form its hair? We used to keep them near the sink. Well, I dreamt one of those was in the bedroom sneaking around. I even got up to take a look around at one point!

Ok, deep breath, day 5. Best of luck everybody.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:28 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Unhappy

Originally Posted by wibble View Post
This is my 4th attempt this year to stop every time before i've stopped for a little while and then tried to start drinking "normally" again. It always results in me drinking more than i ever did before.

Wibble
Day 1 sober for me today. This is me completely Wibble. I promised myself if I could not stop on my own I would go to AA. That was 2 years ago. (Slow learner huh?)

Alcohol has got me beat! It's bigger than me and I can't do it on my own. So I have found a meeting 5 minutes from me. It is tomorrow (Sunday) night and I don't care anymore if there is anyone I know.

I'm posting this here so that I don't talk myself out of going like I have before. I'm really shy so the thought of walking into a room full of people is very scary, but the alternative scares me more. So, here goes.
Old 09-06-2008, 06:05 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

You can do it LostB! I am on day 2 today (again) and was very tempted yesterday afternoon. I didn't give in and was very happy because the urge passed and I watched a movie on my computer that, apparantly I have seen before with my husband, but it was new to me!!

I think I am going to make a list of all the stupid stuff I did while drinking and everything I missed out on and keep it on the bathroom mirror to remind me that my drinking was not as wonderful as my little alchy voice wants me to believe it was!!

Like waking up with my husband mad at me and no idea why?? (even though he had great reasons). Having my kids say I grounded them from the computer, or spending the night with someone but I would have no recollection.

Talking to another parent on the phone the night before and not having any idea what we discussed.

One time I woke up and my husband just shook his head at me. Apparantly he had to take my daughter to the urgent care doc late one evening because she broke her finger at her friends house. He called me because he had forgotten his check book and asked me to call the doc with a credit card number. I didn't remember him calling, he came home to broken glass in our entryway, throw up in the toilet, and I got up with bruises and an injured knee. I had no idea what happened!! Pretty glamourous huh??
Old 09-06-2008, 07:11 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Go for it, you really have nothing to lose apart from an addiction that will only get worse and worse.

Keep posting, let us know how it goes

Originally Posted by lostbutterfly View Post
Day 1 sober for me today. This is me completely Wibble. I promised myself if I could not stop on my own I would go to AA. That was 2 years ago. (Slow learner huh?)

Alcohol has got me beat! It's bigger than me and I can't do it on my own. So I have found a meeting 5 minutes from me. It is tomorrow (Sunday) night and I don't care anymore if there is anyone I know.

I'm posting this here so that I don't talk myself out of going like I have before. I'm really shy so the thought of walking into a room full of people is very scary, but the alternative scares me more. So, here goes.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:21 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by timzup View Post
Hello all.

Yeah, It's great to be hanging out with you guys. It is good to see success. Don't really know what to say to you guys who have slipped a bit because I'm a newcomer to this myself. I suppose 'hang in there and keep trying'.

I once heard that the greatest measure of your success is how far you bounced back from your lowest point...... or something like that.

I can really relate to you Master G. Having more money is a great feeling. Managed to summon up an extra £400 this week and send it to my wife and kids. Then didn't hear from them all evening which, I assume, is a good sign they are having a ball. This gave me a buzz I really needed all week as well as the motivation to do it again the next (I hope).

Yup, the weird dreams are still there but not as bad. Does anybody know those things you can buy where it's a kind of ugly face made out of some sort of fibres and you put cress seeds in the top which grow to form its hair? We used to keep them near the sink. Well, I dreamt one of those was in the bedroom sneaking around. I even got up to take a look around at one point!

Ok, deep breath, day 5. Best of luck everybody.
Nice work timzup, I am sure that they appreciated the extra cash. Yeah, maybe you should get a chea pet so that you wont think that you are seeing things... even when you are ;-)

KEEP ON KEEPING ON :bounce
Old 09-06-2008, 08:27 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lostbutterfly View Post

Its ok LB we are all here fir you :ghug great to see you found a group to go to... let us know how it goes. Try to get online here & post up a storm before taking that first sip.. someone here may be able to help you.

All of the best in your recovery :praying: you CAN do this
Old 09-06-2008, 10:46 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Red face

Thanks everyone for messages. I shall remember them as I walk towards the meeting room tomorrow!! Gulp!
But worth it for the sake of my children - drinking means they get neglected.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:49 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Originally Posted by timzup View Post
Hello all.

Keep us posted - your night time exploits have been giving me a laugh!! It's got to be more interesting than staring at the ceiling though!