View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 09:57 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Originally Posted by colagirl View Post
OK, everyone, I'm officially joining you here as I've managed to make today day 1. I'm having a lot of stress right now so it's really, really hard not to drink and make it all go away (I feel like it's my armor - nothing can bother me when I'm drunk). But I have done it, at least for tonight. I'm about to take a shower and go to bed, hopefully for the first good night's sleep in awhile!

Great job to everyone on here, I'm always amazed at how much I relate to all of you. Let's all stay in the class of September together!
I don't think there's anyone here who's not stressed - but there's a lot of ppl here who deal with it without drinking or using - you know that.

That's what recovery really means to me - finding new and better ways to deal with life - ways that won't kill me or make me sick or make me foolish or isolate me or cause me to drive away everyone and everything I love.

It's not easy - it's very hard - but....if we keep driving down that road? we *all* have to find new ways of coping eventually, cos if we don't give up our drug of choice - we die. Sometimes figuratively, often not.

You've got another chance to do it early - there's a million excuses not to, there always is - but why put it off another day?

Do it now.

It may feel like a suit of armour now - but it's not CG - it's an illusion - the Emperors New Clothes...

and I think you know that as well as I do...

D

Last edited by Dee74; 09-03-2008 at 10:20 PM.