View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 07:27 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Master G

Doing great here but not without some challenges. I had another work meeting at a local bar & was offered beer tickets which I declined & had a few ginger ales on the rocks instead (was pretty pleased with myself). The entertainment industry tends to have lots of parties w alcohol so I might as well face it early.

Then out came the champagne for a toast & I accepted the glass & held it in my hand as the toast was made thinking... I don't want this.. what am I going to do??? Toast was made... clinking glasses... raised glass to lips... pretended to drink... put glass on table.. picked up ginger ale... I Win 8

Got out of there soon after & had to decline a few more free beers. Also saw my doc today & told her what was going on & about the anxiety. She was happy that I was finally doing something about my drinking but disappointed that I didn't see her first. She gave me a new prescription for my anxiety as it was getting a little worse since quitting.

My blood pressure was also up quite a bit so she gave me some meds for that & wants me to come back in 6 weeks. Overall a day of triumph for me, I'm going to have a hot bath & watch a movie (yes, in the bath hehe)

My support & best wishes to all you can do it... lets do it together :ghug: