Notices

Class of September 2008

Old 09-04-2008, 05:28 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Welcome to the class, charlie. I'm on day 3 today. Glad you are here!! Master G...you GO!! I don't know that I wouldn't have taken a wee sip!! That would have done alot of people in. You are very determined. Should be proud of yourself!!
Old 09-04-2008, 07:31 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Not sure when my day one will be. Drank one glass last night. Afraid of spiralling.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:47 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Today is Day One Dancing Girl?
Old 09-04-2008, 07:58 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I am feeling really good today. Did lots of laundry last night, made dinner, kids got homework done, the cravings are still pretty strong but pulled through it. I wish I could just come home and have a glass of wine to unwind, but I know enough not to buy it because I will end up drinking the whole bottle. Just cannot control that.

The walks in the morning, the vitamins, the V-8 and lots of water help make me feel so much better!

Hope you all have a good day!
Old 09-04-2008, 08:04 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

I don't know if today is day one...guess it depends on tonight. Not holding out too much hope right now, though.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:22 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hi there all. Just wondered if I could join your class. Been taking a look at this site over the past couple of days and thought I'd missed the chance to join "September class" as I haven't drunk since the 2nd Sept (thought I was a day late !!)

Anyway, great site. You lot have given me a weath of inspiration so far. Would like to thank everybody.

Good luck
Old 09-04-2008, 10:34 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Worried about the weekend

Hi everyone, I am now on Day 4 and feel great about it. I feel in control. Usually my routine every week is Monday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights when my husband goes to work at 6:30 p.m. I start drinking wine. I usually go to the gym right after work and then straight to the liquor store. Makes a lot of sense, doesn't it? Ha! Basically I am working out to burn the calories I drink. 1 bottle of wine has 525 calories and I usually drink 1 1/2 to 2 bottles those nights.

Today is Thursday and I know I can make it through tonight, but the rest of the weekend I am getting nervous about. Especially since my hubby is leaving for a football game and will be gone ALL DAY SUNDAY!!! Normally I would plan to start drinking at noon on a day like that. I am going to start thinking about going out of town to visit friends instead. I never do that much because I would rather stay home and drink I know I need to start living LIFE!!

One thing I have found that keeps my mind off drinking is reading. I just finished Angels and Demons and I am now reading The DaVinci Code. Does that help for anyone else? It also helps reading this forum.

Thank you everyone for your insight and support!
Old 09-04-2008, 12:34 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Weekends are the hardest for me too. I will just have to keep really busy. I really want to work out in the yard but I am so used to taking my glass of wine out in the yard when I am working that I don't know what kind of trigger that will be for me. Is that crazy or what..

I love reading too. If I can get engrossed in a book it takes my mind off drinking, but I usually fall asleep and drool on the book. Guess thats better than passing out and drooling huh?
Old 09-04-2008, 12:51 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Eclipse: Yes, keeping busy is the key I think. I love to cook also, but I am used to having that glass...hmmm...bottle of wine there while I do it.

I can't even drink while I read....I end up reading the sames page over and over! Oh and probably drooling too
Old 09-04-2008, 02:45 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

So this magician was late to his next act and he was speeding down the road. A cop pulls him over and sees the torches and knifes in the back seat.
"Why are you speeding and why do you have those torches and knives?", asked the cop.
"I'm a magician and I am late for my next act.", replied the magician.
"Well you're going to have to prove it." said the cop.
So the magician gets out of his car and starts juggling the knives and torches.
About that time two guys are coming back from their AA meeting and one says to the other,
"Man, I'm glad we quite drinking. Look at the test they give you now!"

I own day three.
:bounce
Old 09-04-2008, 07:58 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
getting there

AT01 hahahaha!

You guys, I think I'm going to make it through day 2! Only an hour or two before I go to bed, and I have TV to watch, garbage to take out, and a shower to take. It's a struggle, but at least I've managed to resist the cravings so far.

Welcome to the newcomers! How are you doing, dancinggirl? I totally know how you feel. I had 35 days when I relapsed and it's taken me forever to get back up again. You just have to do it, I think. :ghug3
Old 09-04-2008, 08:14 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by dancinggirl View Post
I don't know if today is day one...guess it depends on tonight. Not holding out too much hope right now, though.
It's up to you really DG. It depends on you, nothing else.

If you want to stay sober you will.

I kinda understand - I had to find out for myself that there really was no way back for me - I am an alcoholic and that never changes.

Looking back I was an idiot not to accept that. I wish I'd have been an adult about it now.

I really hope you're done trying to make drinking work soon - cos it doesn't get better...

D
Old 09-04-2008, 08:37 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Day 4 for me..lets keep it going one day to the next..
Old 09-04-2008, 09:23 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wibble View Post
Master G, I can take a bit of inspiration from that. I've got a tough day ahead and your bar experience is gonna help me.

Well Done to everyone else who'd joined this wonderful september class... you guys really are making all the difference for me.
Thanks Wibble, Go with the ginger ale.. you & your wallet will both be better off. You can do it!
Old 09-04-2008, 09:25 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by championcharlie View Post
Hi there,

Hope you are all keeping well.

Can I join you?

I'm on Day 2 - feeling okay at the moment but know I have challenges ahead later this week.
Of course you can join us :bounce welcome aboard the September class. Let us know how today went.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:48 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by timzup View Post
Hi there all. Just wondered if I could join your class. Been taking a look at this site over the past couple of days and thought I'd missed the chance to join "September class" as I haven't drunk since the 2nd Sept (thought I was a day late !!)

Anyway, great site. You lot have given me a weath of inspiration so far. Would like to thank everybody.

Good luck
Welcome to the September class timzup :day4 anyone that is joining or starting again in September is welcome (actually anyone is hehe)

Had a great day today, worked some long hours but still feel good. Dont have any cravings right now other than sweet stuff & chocolate [remembers the new chocolate ice cream in the fridge]

I have a BBQ this weekend & one of my beer customers dropped off 10 24 packs of beer for my team (240 beer for a small team), not sure if I can show up to this one....

For now its day by day & today I made it through Day 4, thanks to everyone on this site & all of you in the September class. Keep it up everyone & keep posting 8
Old 09-04-2008, 09:57 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the site Champion Charlie! Lots of support and encouragement here. We all share the same problems: either being addicted to drugs or alcohol and our lives were/are a mess if we continue to use.

Congratulations on your second day sober. For me, the first three days were horrible physically and then the problems changed from physical to emotional. My feelings are all over the place. I was told that this is very normal in early recovery but that it does go away with the passing of time.

Please hang in there and keep adding to your sober days one day at a time!

:ghug3
Old 09-04-2008, 11:29 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Hi there, I just joined and a bit scared now... I really want to make some changes for my future.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:30 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Welcome to everyone who joined yesterday. You've come to right place.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:07 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Honeywell View Post
Hi there, I just joined and a bit scared now... I really want to make some changes for my future.
Welcome to the September club Honeywell We are all here for you, you can do this.

Feel free to share as much as you like. Best of luck :day4