Notices

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 23

Old 04-06-2007, 05:15 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Hey girls! Just checkin in quick before I head to the gym. Got 6 miles to run and weights to lift. With this crappy cold I have had all week, I have only lifted 1 stinky time. But Gotta get the 6 in cause I got 9 tomorrow. Yippee!! (grinning teeth tightly with big fake smile!)

Ate two bags of snack size m&m's this am and at least 6 staburst and 1 dove egg (mini). Lunch, chipotle burrito bowl. Breakfast, not so good.

I got some work to do girls. I'll check in when I get home.

Thanks Tam. Manneschewitsch you rock too!

Litter boxes, Ewe! My dog gets into ours and well, we won't talk about what he does.

Love you all!!!!
Old 04-06-2007, 05:31 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

heh, i used to have a dog...his fave meal was the litterbox

HI AYLA
Old 04-06-2007, 05:33 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

hi ladies...my computer is temporarily working...don't know how long it will last, but i wanted to say hi and i love you very much!! i miss you! i can't find anyone who is able to fix this thing.....it's not the cord.........it's the thingie you plug it into....

i'll try to read back....and i hope i can keep this thing working.........i wanna read back!
Old 04-06-2007, 05:34 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

hi misti!
Old 04-06-2007, 05:47 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

it's dying again....liss it's good to see you back, sweetie....i really missed you!

see you all whenever i get this thing fixed........crap......this sucks!
Old 04-06-2007, 06:16 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Hi Moms...

I weighed today and I've gained 32 pounds since last week..no sh*t, that's what the scales said. Rational Ruby says these scales are messed up...then Irrational Ruby says what if they were wrong before and are now right??? Then I got pissed...I wish I wasn't so hung up on my weight. But I am, so I have to deal with that!

But, Ig..I am sooo proud of you for your 4.5 lb. loss! Way to Go!!!

Yay! Candy's home! Can't wait to hear about your vacation!

Ayla, call the Geek Squad..you not having a computer just will not do!

Misti, glad you're here...as always!

Can't remember everything I read, so I'm gonna grab a smoke and a coke zero and re-read!

Smooches!
Old 04-06-2007, 06:19 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

My bonehead husband is watching the re-runs of the Masters Tournament...yawn! This is the same tournament he watched all afternoon!
Old 04-06-2007, 06:21 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

ruby, there is absolutely NO WAY medically possible that you gained 32 pounds in a week, sorry
maybe 3.2, lol
don't worry, the scales are wrong
Old 04-06-2007, 06:38 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

lol, it's supposed to SNOW this weekend
Old 04-06-2007, 06:39 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

ig -good job on the 4 . 5 lbs ----were you eating plastic grapes??????LOL!!!
misti-i love ya girl!!!
petie-thank you for all your wisdom and sweetness
nyc-spring break is officially here YAY!!!!!
ruby tuesday---nice to see you--hows cheatah??
scoot -i loved you friends post
tam-i will join you on the psych cruise
ayla-come back to us!!!
candy-glad you are home from cuba---it makes me want to say "lucy you have some splaining to do" wasn't ricky ricardo from cuba??
i had a very busy day today--my shoulder hurts really bad and i have another hard day tomorrow---but i will get through i always do!!!!
i love all the mommies--and hope you all have a nice easter!!!
love ya
jackie!!
Old 04-06-2007, 06:44 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Hi all only have a minute,
Ayla... I had that happen but it was the schools copm so they sent it out it's need to be fixed from the inside... another solution is tobuy an external batery charger and charge in thta when you are not using it
Old 04-06-2007, 06:48 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

i just realized i need to get out tomorrow, and can't because it's going to snow
make my lol a COL
Old 04-06-2007, 07:20 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

OK.....i'm feeling kinda down tonight because of money issues, but at the same time good things are happening. My sponsor works for our local newspaper....the "entertainment" section. My sponsor was the one who tipped me off that the Girls were coming to town because she spoke to their publicist. Can you see where i'm going with this? At the meeting tonight my sponsor says "how badly do you want a meet & greet"? HELLOOOOO.....are you friggin sh!tting me!!! I said...."don't tease me". She says she just needs to speak to their publicist and see if it would be possible for me & my friends to go backstage before or after the show and meet the Girls. How friggin cool would that be! Either way....I'm meeting them....i was going to use my 5 year old daughter as bait but if i can find an easier way....i'm all for that, lol.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:26 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Ig....you go girl!!!!
Old 04-06-2007, 07:29 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

hi there!

nyc--great minds and all, i thought the same thing while i was reading: why not a psych ward on a beautiful cruise ship? i definitely need it!

this afternoon, i was in a kids shoe store trying to check out while juggling the three kids--who were bouncing all over the store looking at all the goodies they have to entice money out of your wallet--and one of my kids pulled a pen out of a display that said "stress pens." it was a little pen with a scrunchy ball to squeeze at one end. little one says "mommy, what's a stress pen?" and i immediately said "it's a pen mommies use to bang their heads against." the woman in line behind me started to totally crack up with laughter, but i kept a straight face while son accepted that info calmly and stuck the pen back in the display.

misti--too funny about the litter box--total yuck, but funny nonetheless. my lab's favorite treat was goose poop--looks like brown crunchy cheetos--it's all over out here in the country. of course, he'd then run up and try to lick you in the face. blech.

thanks tam--for the disneyland info. i think we may stay on property because it is easier and i booked a nonstop flight to lax. no nonstops to john wayne. we are going in may. yoicks!

dh just told me we are supposed to get snow too. what is up with that?
Old 04-06-2007, 07:29 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

I really hate the cold and I don't want snow I should be out preparing my garden for the early crops...

....oh yeah my fish pond is leaking bad... two years ago a large turtle got in it and tore up the liner climbing out, I patched it... well now think I need a new liner ... it's going to be a lot pf work.

Last edited by NYCGirl; 04-06-2007 at 07:31 PM. Reason: I spell like a five year old
Old 04-06-2007, 07:31 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

terrorized by a turtle? yikes! nyc, i'd use that as a great excuse not to fix the pond and the garden...but that's my lazy butt talkin' atcha. tee-hee. my thumbs are both black. (literally, one is because i was labeling lacrosse equipment with a black sharpie!)

ig! how amazing is that? hope you get a chance to meet them!
Old 04-06-2007, 07:33 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by scootinbabe View Post
nyc--great minds and all, i thought the same thing while i was reading: why not a psych ward on a beautiful cruise ship? i definitely need it!
I was looking at some cruises... I'd like to do RC's new one with the wave pool.. that looks awesome

I love my pond. I'll post some pictures of it in the summer... we won the cities garden contest for it one year

Ig... sorry to hear you're down...
Old 04-06-2007, 07:35 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

this lacrosse stuff is so alien to me. never heard of the sport until i was in my 30s.

the little kids look so cute in all their gear. like ninja turtles crossed with a stormtrooper. their heads in helmets are so big, they look a bit mushroom-like too. but the scary thing is that everything has all these warning labels all over--"lacrosse is a dangerous sport".

hm. and dh won't let them play football?
Old 04-06-2007, 07:35 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

awesome ig!!!! fingers crossed for ya
ruby, don't feel bad....today we went to walgreens to get some food...um, i bought two pints of ice cream, popcorn, starbux, two packages of kit kats and FIVE whatchamacallits