Notices

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 23

Old 04-06-2007, 07:09 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

good morning everyone, i just wanted to tell everyone hi and i will be thinking of you today!!!!!
Old 04-06-2007, 07:11 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

No, but I can find out what my ex inlaws have found out. They were just there scoping everything out for the wedding.

I almost thought it was deadbeat H...... Just kidding!!!!!!
Old 04-06-2007, 07:12 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Good Morning Beautiful!
Old 04-06-2007, 07:14 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

good morning beautiful back to you my dear!!!
Old 04-06-2007, 07:16 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Ok, Petie, Ruby and I are all doing the retail dance tonight, yeah!! Let's gossip about what we bought tomorrow!! LOL
Anyone else???
Old 04-06-2007, 07:17 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I want my avatar on there , what do i doooooo!!!!???

((LISS)) I am an Ohioan too, flippin freezing here also, LOL
Old 04-06-2007, 07:18 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

thanks pete! i'm thinking that we should stay in one of the disney hotels because it might be easier. let me know if you learn anything.

oh and another thing--which airport is best to fly in/out of to get to disneyland? looks like orange county but lax has better flights. can't figure out the right thing to do with that.

tam--we saw "meet the robinsons" (i rarely get to see any movie other than cars, tmnt, disney, pixar et al.) anyhow, the movie was cute. i enjoyed it. little homage to walt disney too: "keep moving forward" is a big theme in the film and it was apparently gleaned from a quote from the big man himself. come to think of it, there was quite a bit in the movie that could be construed as recovery...hmmmm. anyhow, all three of mine (even the tasmanian-devilish 3-year-old) sat through the entire thing and it seemed like a long movie.

ok, now i'm off to start the day
Old 04-06-2007, 07:19 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

hey, what am i? chopped liver?

i want to be "beautiful" too!

wah, wah, wah...
Old 04-06-2007, 07:20 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

my retail dance revolves around lacrosse helmets. woo-wee.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:21 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

jackie--i like that you and i have our rides as avatars!
Old 04-06-2007, 07:25 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Scoot......Hello Gorgeous!

I can walk you through your avatar. Copy it to your desktop. Go into your profile page and click on the area that changees your picture. Go to browse and pick desktop. You should see it on there Just open it and Vaula! If it doesn't work I can walk you through it later. I gotta get to a funeral, so can't do it now babe! Sorry. But I'll help you later. Promise!

My shopping usually revolves around Hockey Equipment and smelly bags!
Old 04-06-2007, 07:26 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Okay, I'm off till later.

Hope everyone has a F'n awesome day!!!!!

Love yous!
Old 04-06-2007, 07:29 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

bless you pete, you are an insightful and very intelligent friend ;-)

and did i mention gorgeous? (right back atcha!)
Old 04-06-2007, 07:31 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Morning all. I admit that I am confused as well. I think most of us feel like we need a break from "everything" sometimes. If I've said anything that bothered someone or soundes offensive, I swear I didn't mean to. I know that when I start posting that I ramble on and on and I worry that it bothers you all. Just get carried away..and I hope it doesn't sound like I'm complaining too much...just typing my thoughts I guess. Sometimes it feels like I have nothing to offer. Alot of times when someone mentions something that reminds me of something similar that I've experienced, I don't mean for it to sound as if I know all about it or it was worse for me...just not good at communicating my thoughts without going into great detail. And maybe since typing really doesn't show emotion unless one is skilled enough..which I think most of you are..to show emotion through your written/typed words. My life is an open book..I talk too much..but I don't mean anything bad towards anyone..promise. If indeed I have said something that has sounded negative towards anyone here, please, please let me know so I can work on it.
Okay. Liss, hi..sorry to hear about the possible alzheimers. My mom was diagnosed with it a few years ago..and was pretty healthy otherwise. I'm definitely no expert on it, but learned more about it that I ever wanted to by taking care of her and talking with her doctors. I didn't realize that there were so many different types of it..but evidently there is. The psychiatrist that treated her said that he thought that her's was called "Lewy Bodies"..i think that's how he spelled it..not positive though. But it is a type of it that progresses very quickly..and it was amazing..bad choice of words, but to see how quickly her mind deteriated. Such a vicious disease. Looking back, I think she exhibited symptoms much earlier than we realized, but when she was 63 is when it became evident to anyone that was around her. She lived 3 years. I would give anything to have her here with me, but in some weird way, I am grateful that she didn't have to live for many years like that. I've heard of so many people doing this. If you ever want to talk about it, let me know. Like I said, I'm far from an expert and everybody is different..but the caregivers always seem to have something in common and can lend support.(and if it's any consolation...almost ashamed to say this...but my dad is in bad health physically..no dimentia...but he goes waaaay too long between showers..always has and I remember my mom staying on his a$$ about it all the time. and you're right..you can't make 'em) My prayers are with you and your family.
I hope everyone has a great weekend. A great Easter! I think I'll work on that day. Some of the other vendors that have been there for a while say that it is very slow that day..which I would expect..but I have to pay rent for that day and since the boys probably won't be here, I might as well go. Hey, it might work out pretty good since lots of vendors won't be there....not as much competition! Since you can see the flea mkt. from the interstate, they say that most of the shoppers are travelers passing through on their way to visit family and friends..so it might not be too bad. One dollar is better than no dollar. And since I ended up going back to bed yesterday after all and getting absolutely nothing accomplished, I better get off my arse and get going today. Hope everyone has a great day...it's cold here...well..not really(50's), but is sure feels like it after having a few weeks of very warm weather! Still feeling yucky but better than yesterday..so better go!
Take care and I hate that so many of us are p.m.s.'ing. SUCKS!!! But, it will pass..just not a moment too soon.
xoxoxoxoxo, brynn
Old 04-06-2007, 07:31 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I DID IT!!
Thanks Petie!!!!!!
Old 04-06-2007, 08:00 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

scoot you are beautiful to----!!!!!!
Old 04-06-2007, 08:04 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

ok, look, i'm sorry
i was in a real bad place yesterday, on a downswing, i guess you could say. someone sent me a pm, which i guess was supposed to be supportive, but i didn't see it that way at all. in return, i got my feelings hurt (cried like a baby actually), and came on here and posted. not only that, but i pmd this person back with some things i should not have said.
when i get feeling all crappy like that, and someone says something to me, and i take it wrongly, i get on the defensive. i start feeling that maybe what they say is true, and i am bad and unloveable, and in crisis mode all the time. then i start feeling that maybe that person is just saying what everyone thinks about me, so i start pushing everyone away.
i'm sorry....this was all about me, and i handled it very, very poorly.
i have since apologized to this person, but i suspect the damage has been done.
i am staying at sr, cause i love you guys too much to leave. however, as much as i encourage everyone else to come on here and vent, talk about whatever, i don't think that is what i should be doing. i am going to try really, really hard, not to talk about myself. not to complain, not to gripe or whine...either about my life, or the kids. i will be as positive as i can be, and as supportive as i can be, but i am going to TRY to leave my personal issues out of everything.
i hope you all understand, and i am very sorry for creating drama
Old 04-06-2007, 08:33 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

In one of my women’s AA groups, we read “Each Day A New Beginning: A Meditation Book and Journal for Daily Reflection” by Karen Casey. This is today’s meditation. I've posted from this book before, but today's reading seemed appropriate to all of us.

April 6

Trust your friends as you do your pictures, and place them in their best light.
--Jennie Jerome Churchill

Taking our friends and loved ones for granted, expecting perfection from them in every instance, greatly lessens the value we have in one another’s lives. Being hard on those closest to us may relieve some of the tension we feel about our own imperfections, but it creates another tension, one that may result in our friends leaving us behind.

We need the reminder, perhaps, that our friends are special to our growth. Our paths have crossed with reason. We complete a portion of the plan for one another’s lives. And for such gifts we need to offer gratitude.

Each of us is endowed with many qualities, some more enhancing than others; it is our hope, surely, that our lesser qualities will be ignored. We must do likewise for our friends. We can focus on the good, and it will flourish—in them, in ourselves, in all situations. A positive attitude nurtures everyone. Let us look for the good, and in time, it is all that will catch our attention.

I can make this day one to remember with fondness.
I will appreciate a friend. I will let her know she matters in my life.
Her life will be enhanced by my attention.

I'm glad that we all have crossed paths. Like I said earlier, you all mean so much to me.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:39 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Thanks Scoot!!! That was really nice, I am going to print that out
Old 04-06-2007, 08:40 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

misti--thank you for explaining, i didn't know what was going on. please take good care.