Notices

Hands Across Time Zones Part 5

Old 01-10-2007, 12:43 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

"Eat healthy"? What's that?

I received a goody box today from my sister...it was so well-wrapped, I wondered if I was ever going to find out what was in it...but, I persevered. I knew there would be chocolate fudge from the boardwalk...she also included a couple of other kinds of candy that we remembered from our childhood. There's a website called Vermont Country Store that has all of these things that we used to enjoy back in the 40's and 50's. Such fun!

Oh, I saw the flurries on the 12:00 news today...it looked pretty while it lasted.

I'm not looking forward to the Presidential address tonight...I'm sure I'll go to bed with my stomach in a knot!
Old 01-10-2007, 03:50 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Hello all,

Well, I made it into day 8--barely. I was on my way home from work last night and I was severely tempted to stop in 7-11. Tuesdays and Thursdays are my "research" days, so I don't have to go into work, but I'm still technically on duty. Because of that there is no pressure to get up early, and thus I felt "free" to imbibe before--talk about a trigger. I felt like Roy Rogers. I got home without stopping in, but I did stare at the Internet for a good hour and a half debating with myself. Luckily, I won.

I came back here to SR and started reading and thinking. "Do I really want to wake up with a nasty headache? Do I really want to have to fight the even stronger feeling on Thursday night?" etc...

Well, thanks to you guys and gals and other threads I was able to put on a bad movie (Be Cool) and "ride out the storm". I know those feelings will come again, but now I think I'm a little stronger in being able to handle them.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Old 01-11-2007, 08:04 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

((((Michael)))) Good job--I'm truly happy for you! It's so good to have you back here posting.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:06 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

When Winter comes, can Spring be far behind?
About 70 days, and counting!

Way to go, Michael! Reminds of a night I decided to detour on my way home from a meeting to "stop in" at one of my favorite clubs...had no intention of drinking...just craved the night life! The place was closed! In all the years I frequented it, I never knew them to close...and, I don't think they were ever closed other than that night! Who says there is no Higher Power!?!

BTW...I had mentioned to Paula a few months ago that I wanted to get a certain bumper sticker to put on my wheelchair. Have you ever seen the one that says HIGHER POWERED? Well, a couple of weeks ago, I got a large envelope in the mail...guess what! HIGHER POWERED - SPONSOR DRIVEN
Is that cool, or what!?! That Paula!
Old 01-11-2007, 07:27 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Grateful Member!

Rae, I sent you some emails. I haven't changed anything on my computer so I can't see why you would get these and not the last few so I will phone you tomorrow. Can't wait to see you cruising the Boardwalk in your HP'd wheelchair! HUGS.

Michael, way to go brother! Keep on keeping on. I wish you another 24 guy. You can do it, we are here for you. One Day at a Time. Have you ever read Bill W.'s story. I think you would find it interesting. I just read it the other night it kind of suprised me. Huge hug!
Old 01-12-2007, 06:14 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

About 69 days, and counting!

We're warming up again to about 50° today...CRAZY!

I did receive an email from you, Paula...so, I guess the new email address worked...Eureka!
Old 01-12-2007, 10:23 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Here's the wheelchair you need to go with that bumper sticker, Rae :
Old 01-12-2007, 10:35 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

OMG, Jane...that is hysterically funny!!!
Old 01-12-2007, 06:59 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

I don't think that "Tank Chair" will be allowed in a nursing home...and, I'm slowly but surely making plans to move in that direction. A lot hinges on what my doctor will do for me on Monday...I've also enlisted my daughter, sister, niece, son Scott's lady friend, and Paula to help me sort things out in my mind. I just feel a bit overwhelmed with all that must be taken care of in the next couple of weeks.

Wish me luck, HATZ'ers!
Old 01-12-2007, 08:07 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Grateful Member!

Oh Jane, that chair is perfect for Rae... just think how quick you will get around the new digs to collect your Super Bowl winnings, Rae!!!
Old 01-13-2007, 06:52 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

About 68 days, and counting!

I don't know whether I'll be allowed back in the old place...when I was there, I kept threatening to organize wheelchair races in the hallways to liven up the place. If they saw me pull up in that thing, I'm sure they'd know "the fix is in"!
Old 01-13-2007, 12:55 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

You two are cracking me up! I hope you're having a good Saturday
Old 01-13-2007, 02:26 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

god loves u
Old 01-13-2007, 05:04 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

I'm afraid this move is becoming a bit traumatic...I got very nostalgic and weepy today. Poor Marie had come to help me take inventory and get organized. She accomplished a lot, I think...although I really couldn't see what she was doing. Oh, well.

I pretty much spent the day sitting in my chair, sorting through a lot of paperwork, and throwing most of it out. I put a big dent in it, which is a good thing.

She's coming back up tomorrow to help me clean out my dressers and pull together whatever I'll need for the hospital and/or nursing home. Maybe I'll be relocated before next weekend. I'll try to log on before they tote me out of here to let you know.

As far as the furniture, appliances, etc., I've told them all to divvy things up, sell on Ebay, have a big yard sale, or build a huge bonfire on the front lawn. After I go out the door, I am not coming back here...so, unless I go somewhere that will let me have my computer and tv..."it ain't my problem no more, folks!"
Old 01-14-2007, 08:49 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

About 67 days, and counting!

Didn't sleep much...I think I'm feeling a bit apprehensive and overwhelmed.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:43 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

I wish I knew!

Once I see the doctor today, it's very possible I'll be going into the hospital for a few days...thence to a rehab and nursing center near my sister in South Jersey. I wish I had stayed down there instead of moving back up here in 2004. Woulda, coulda, shoulda!

Anyway, since I don't know when I'll be able to get back to the computer, I'm jazzing things up a bit here, and wishing you an early

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!
Old 01-15-2007, 07:28 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Hi Rae. Sorry to read that you're not sleeping... however, I heard this from someone much wiser than I : No one ever died from lack of sleep !

I hope all goes well with the doc today. Where in South Jersey is the nursing home?
Old 01-15-2007, 08:24 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

I was waiting for a call from the doctor...he's scheduled to visit me this afternoon. I'd really like to have my daughter here to help talk him into the hospital stay...he doesn't seem too receptive. Jerk!

As soon as I know what's going on, I'll get back to HATZ.

Oh, BTW...the nursing home will be in Brick, I think.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:59 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Hi everyone .....I am back after a rough week ........Jan. 9th we had to rush out of here to see my MIL.....FIL requested us fast............by wed.....MIL went to her eternal rest that night.........................we all kept watch over her tues. and wed not leaving her along ..................she held on for so long till we got there........and wanted to see my little one.....who gave her lots of hugs and kisses..........

Being back home is hard and I am doing ok for now and need all the prayers you guys can pass this way.............Have no energy to do anything.....and am sort of sick from the heater going on all the time we were at FIL's place......5 days .......and all the freezing days outside didn't help since we went on walks to get some fresh air.....and a break......didn't leave MIL alone one minute and helped keep watch through the nights.......was hard.....

Talk to you all later.......................Little Penguin
Old 01-15-2007, 09:07 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Sorry about your MIL, Penguin...but, from what you've told us, she is definitely in a better place now.

I searched these guys out just for you, and none too soon, I think...you could use some lovin'!