Hands Across Time Zones Part 5

Old 01-02-2007, 02:06 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Aw, shucks, Jane... ...you embarass me.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:55 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Grateful Member!

Hey Rae, I was going to call you to say Hi and just realized it is almost 10 pm. So I will say Hi here, incase you wake in the middle of the night and put the call off til tomorrow. I am thinking of you.

Hi everyone, hope your year is going great. So far so good here. We had an icecream cake for hubby's one year anniversary. It was really 362 days but the family in from Seattle wanted to take part in our celebration so we had a 365(2) One Day At A Time cake... and it ALL gone!!! Yum. Hugs.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:30 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Hi everyone. Today is a very happy day... the children are all back to school and the spouse has gone back to work after the winter break .

Now I can catch up on the important stuff, like reading & posting here . Actually before I get to that though, I have a few errands to run and some vacuuming & laundry to do... but I'll be back later. Hope everyone is well .
Old 01-03-2007, 09:43 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Jane you are the best.......rae has more years than me and I have someone to look up to myself..............

Thanks for the words of Endurance in Honor of Dreamz......Gives me something extra to think about for the day.......

Where is Dreamz anyway...............If you are out there little one I am praying for you and that you come back to your friends...................WE MISS YOU.......

I am doing ok today and thinking of putting all the christmas stuff away today.....tomarrow is going to rain and no fun to do all the put away stuff then.................

I love this Recovery time and won't let it get to my head.....Just keep moving forward taking one day at a time for now...........................I remember when I first got into my program and an "Old Timer" came up to me and said he knows who my dad is..........He had seen a picture of me when I was little and I knew then that we would be good friends...............The years he had under his belt was amazing....................It inspired me ........

Another Old Timer that had lots of years beyond anyone else I met was a cowboy...........he was ready for God to take him home.........and you know two weeks later he was gone........What an inspiration he was and the advise ......sooooo good .............They both told me no matter how dispressed I get the program is always here to bounce back at....................The program will never go away or shut down........It keeps building members each second of each day....................Think about it............

Little Penguin
Old 01-03-2007, 11:50 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

When Winter comes, can Spring be far behind?
About 78 days, and counting!

I had a terrible night...another sleepless one...I have at least one a month, I guess. Just didn't want to move out of the recliner today...then, I got such a painful Charleyhorse in my left calf, I just had to get up to work it out. I guess I should take one of those potassium pills...but, they are so large, I call them "horse pills". Hey! Horsepills for a Charleyhorse!

I was thinking about Frank yesterday, Paula...wondering about his anniversary. I tried to call you, but then figured you were busy with the family visitors. What? You mean you didn't bake him a cake!?!
Old 01-03-2007, 04:39 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hi rae......thinking about you all day for some reason........feel the angel wings on your shoulder.......?

I was cleaning up all the christmas stuff today and still haven't finished......a few more things to go in the hall closet....................The hardest was the fake tree back in the raffters......that was a tough one and almost fell off the ladder trying to put it up on my own..........But I did it......

Am ready to sleep now..........................But time to think about what to cook for dinner................

have a good rest of the night and talk to you and everyone in the morning.........................Little Penguin
Old 01-04-2007, 01:15 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hello all,

Just wanted to check in. I didn't do well the past couple days, but I think I'm ready now. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. So now I get to go through some sleepless nights. Small price I guess. Thanks again for all your support--it has helped me.

I still don't have to go to work until next Wednesday, so I have some time to start to work through things again before I have to concentrate on teaching. I forced myself to walk to the supermarket tonight instead of taking my moped. I returned covered in sweat in about 36 degree weather, but I didn't buy any alcohol. Now I just have to make sure I don't take a walk to the 7-11 (there's no "time-limit" for them to stop selling alcohol in Japan).

Well, I guess today can be symbolic for shaking up my life in at least 2 ways. Besides being determined to stop drinking, there was an earthquake this morning. It was only a small one, but large enough to wake me. Luckily I live in a mansion, which in Japan just means a steel framed apartment building. These hold up much better in quakes. I just hope a big one doesn't hit while I'm at work. The building is 38 years old and you can see the cracks in the walls from previous quakes.

Well, thanks again. I guess I'm going to spend the night watching DVDs and "LOST" episodes--and drinking herbal tea.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:00 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

About 77 days, and counting!

Just wanted to check in. I didn't do well the past couple days, but I think I'm ready now. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. So now I get to go through some sleepless nights. Small price I guess.
So good to see you, Michael. "Small price", indeed! As my first sponsor told me when I complained about the lack of sleep, "Nobody ever died from lack of sleep!" Hang in there...if you pray nightly, include "Please, help me to sleep through the night." One morning you'll wake up and realize you are finally sleeping through. I still say the prayer, even though I only usually have one night a month that I absolutely can't get to sleep. The other night was one, and I was miserable all day yesterday.

I'm doing much better today...I don't do well when I'm sleep deprived. Thank goodness I don't have a job or anyplace else I have to go.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:44 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Paula just called while I was playing on-line bridge...it's always so good to talk to her. Her family has gone back to Seattle, but I know they had a really nice visit...I'm sure Paula misses having them nearby.

Think I'll go make some jello for tonight...have some bananas to use before they go bad.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:19 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Hi rae , Micheal and anyone else.........

We have rain today so am doing things inside.....

Michael.......sounds like you need to keep your mind busy doing something.........too much free time on your hands........

Get yourself to a meeting and talk to others in the program.....you will feel much better...........The earthquakes I don't like and have enough of our own here in California......You think I would be used to them by now..........

Well......time to get other things done.........did food shopping early at about 7am.....like to go before the crazy people are there...................better for me........

Have a good day and talk to you all later............

Little Penguin
Old 01-04-2007, 08:43 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

It's about time to call it a day...almost midnight.

Tonight I had the best darned stuffed peppers I ever tasted, and I made them! Used a Spanish rice mixture with the chopped meat...yummy!

Paula was supposed to sign on here...guess she got lost.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:50 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I am here rae........I have your number for tonight.....But I am ready to call it a night.....................Think of me if you plan to stay up...............I have a H. that may not sleep tonight and that needs prayers fast......I can't handle this...............I need my sleep.............
Little Penguin
Old 01-04-2007, 09:13 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Grateful Member!

Hi. I am here... just figured out how to show myself!!! Oh you're gone. Sorry I missed you. Good night Rae. I hope you sleep well. It was great chatting with you. HUGE HUG.

Good night Penguin, congrats on all your sober time, you inspire me.

Hubby is home, think I'll go cuddle up in front of the TV with him for a few minutes before heading to bed. Hugs HATZers.

(((Michael))), keep on keeping on, you can do it. We're here to help. Thinking of you.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:22 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

hi all!! Good to see you Paula and congrats to your hubby. I can imagine how good it feels for both of you.

Michael, I'm glad to see you here too. Your determination will help you win this battle. Keep coming back and posting and maybe some outside help would be good for you too. I know you're not a big fan of meetings, but perhaps you can find some kind of alternative.

WOOHOO to Penguin on 21 big ones this year! Did you enter your sober date on the calendar or in your user CP? Don't feel bad if they miss you. No harm was intended.

Dreamz, do you still check in here? I hope you're well.

and Jane, you're so sweet to everyone here. You deserve big hugs too.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:49 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

About 76 days, and counting!

A week into 2007, and still no snow (except in the winter photos)...this global warming thing is really bizarre...the temps up to 60 again. My niece is having trouble explaining to five year old Angelina why she can't put shorts on again. Sis, Mom, Niece and her four youngsters all went to the Pt. Pleasant boardwalk yesterday. If the weather stays this way over the weekend, I'll bet there will be a lot of folks taking the ride to The Shore.

Oh, they bought me some Jenkinson's fudge...so, I'll be looking forward to a little "care package" soon...they know I'm a sucker for that candy store's fudge!

I'll check back later.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:08 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone.........we got through the rain and now there is damage further down the line with trees down.......

rae.....you don't want snow just yet.....everyone else is having trouble with it..........

C'est...........I did post my birthday on the calander in 2005,2006 and they lost it.......So hopefully this next time things will be smoother..............Will see as I have no worries just yet......have too many things to look forward to with my program............Thanks for the congrats.......LoL..

As for the rest of you......everyone is just so sweet......

Dreamz.....I am waiting for your return baby.......I miss seeing you here..........

Michael......Praying that all going better for you today.......Hang in there.......Life will have plenty of ups and downs..........No life is going to be as smooth as we want.......

Time to check on other things ...........catch you all later....

Little Penguin
Old 01-05-2007, 09:19 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Rae, PLEASE TAKE MY SNOW! It is snowing AGAIN--we have another 6 inches and it's still coming down. I am going to tear the hair out of my head!

Not much positive to contribute today--I'm feeling ugly & cranky. Hate this feeling......

(((((all of you))))))

xo
Jane
Old 01-05-2007, 12:45 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Oh, no...don't misunderstand me...I don't want snow!!! Just commenting on the fact that we haven't had any...which really is a bit unusual. Since it didn't happen over Christmas weekend, I don't care if we don't see any until next Christmas.

I know, Jane...everytime I see predictions of snow again for you, I just want to scream, "No! Enough is too much!
Old 01-05-2007, 05:48 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

I don't guess you're appreciating my winter snowscape pictures, Jane.

Would you rather I put up something warmer...less snowy? I can do that.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:57 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Grateful Member!

Rae, I just read your story. You are one rock solid woman.
Thank you and I love you. Hugs. Paula