Notices

Hands Across Time Zones Part 5

Old 12-31-2006, 08:49 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Soberus Maxus

Cigar smoking Alky

Thats right Mr Scott, us guys gota stick together. I need your help also.
We have been here over a year together now and all you need do is look back when I reached out for help, and you were there.
Hang in there with me buddy.
Old 12-31-2006, 08:51 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Good morning rae.....you look ready for the Hot Dance tonight....

Michael......Hang in there and know you have lots of friends......No drinking and keep your feet clean as well.....You can do it ONE DAY AT A TIME..........Or you will find all of us Knocking at your door at an hour that would scare even the mice away........................Be good to yourself today.......................We are always here for you....

As for the rest of you......Keep up the good work and know that I am going to have a peaceful night tonight.........But first must enjoy today the best I can.........Seems it is trying to rain outside............The fog has rolled in and it looks like it is here to stay and develope into rain clouds........

Love you all .....must get back to my tea and Penguin coffee cup....it is sooooo cute...........something my mom gave back to me and glad ..........Time to go check on "Clean House " and do some cleaning...........Little Penguin
Old 12-31-2006, 04:10 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thinking of New Year and how close the time is getting here in California...................What have you accomplished this year???????????

What will you do for the new year that needs to be changed or improved......????

I have more walks to go on and finish unfinished projects.......

I need to put more power into my Recovery program and reach out and touch more lives..........................

Lots to think about and do it seems ......never ending....

Well ......good night to all you lovely people.....Have a good night and see you in the new year..................I will stay up as late as I can to ring in the New Year.....

Little Penguin
Old 12-31-2006, 07:33 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

It's just past 10:30 pm...in case you're up late and decide to "sleep in" Monday morning...I'll talk to you "next year"!
Old 12-31-2006, 09:41 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Grateful Member!

Hi Rae... just got your message, HAPPY NEW YEAR to you too! Love you!

And Happy New Year to all of you HATZers, may you all have healthy, happy, sober days in 2007.

MWAH! A midnight kiss across the time zones.
Old 01-01-2007, 06:58 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Happy New Year everyone.........I made it to another year and glad to be here with the rest of you ..........

Talk to you all later......................Little Penguin
Old 01-01-2007, 07:39 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hello everyone ........I am back and going to celebrate today by going over all my recovery stuff and start fresh.......Good thing to do and read my Big Book from cover to cover........Feels good to start the New Year off with a BANG.....

The coffee is on and the Hot sweet rolls are in the oven.......Later will make Lemon cup cakes with Cream Cheese frosting and those Red, white and blu sprinkles.............

Have lots of balloons on my livingroom floor and others tied to chairs.....................Will have lots of fun today..........

The name of the game today is 21 BIG ONES TODAY IN RECOVERY....................Yes I made it this far and I'm NOT on the board for some reason....................Maybe the books only go so far..........................No worry......will have fun anyway...........................Little Penguin
Old 01-01-2007, 08:19 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

OK...it is now a brand new year...it wasn't all that traumatic, was it?

I hope everyone made the transition comparatively unscathed! What did you finally wind up doing? Be honest, now!

As for me...my son and I had a delicious lobster and steak dinner I had been craving...sides of salad, onion rings, french fries, ice cream for dessert.

Then I watched a few hours of championship poker...$12million to the winner! Zowee!!!

At 11:00, we broke out munchies...chips and sourcream dip, salsa, creamed herring. The latter is supposed to be for good luck...I think it just gave me heartburn and insomnia!

Watched NY's Rockin' Eve from Times Square...the best was a performance by The Jersey Boys...Dick Clark looks pretty much the same, but his speech is affected by his recent stroke. The ball dropped along with two tons of confetti...looked great, but what a mess...and all those crazy people crammed into the area. Never did it, never wanted to...not my idea of a good time...not even when I was drinking!

Going to have a delicious NY's dinner of roast pork, oven roasted spuds, artichoke, pickled beets, cherry pie. Nothing but bowl games on tv, so I'll play some on-line bridge, and maybe watch The DaVinci Code on pay-per-view.

Can you tell, since I quit drinking and smoking my favorite past-time is eating!?! Enjoy your day, whatever you do.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:34 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

To my favorite on Twenty-One sober years! You inspire me!
Old 01-01-2007, 10:20 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

When Winter comes, can Spring be far behind? About 80 days, and counting!
Old 01-01-2007, 11:45 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Thanks rae you are the best.........Keep moving forward and you will see the light........................You are wise.....and your recovery time is so much more than mine...........I know..........................Little Penguin
Old 01-01-2007, 12:04 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

(((((MICHAEL)))))))

I'm so sorry you're hurting, and that you have to struggle with this crap. But I can't begin to tell you how GLAD I am to see you here--I've worried about you, and hoped you'd come back. Thank you for coming back--you've made me cry (in a good, thankful way).

There is always hope.

You know we all care so much about you, and want to you beat this damn demon alcohol. We're with you.

Take care, friend....
Jane
Old 01-01-2007, 02:10 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

rae.......I tried to click on the little red x and couldn't see what you had in the box........My computer doesn't give me all I want to see or do.......and it is only 2 years old.....guess we need to up grade things more........Not my department......................I am lucky I can post like I do here.......................Love you anyway for all you do for me..............

I am having a good day and celebrating with you all here mostly as my family isn't involved........so it seems like they are in their own football world.........the game is more important to them...........that is ok I am getting over it...........

Love you all here at SR.......you are the best friends I have besides my other half...............My closest friend that I have had for years is living in Oregon....she puts up with me on the computer lots...............she has known me since 1979.....Long time.......and a good person......who has seen lots of ups and downs in my life............and never stopped being my friend.........................Little Penguin
Old 01-01-2007, 02:19 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Don't know what you're "missing", Penguin. Don't you get any of my terrific graphics Ahhhhh...the best laid plans of mice, men, and rae...had planned on roast pork for dinner tonight...unfortunately, John put both pieces (4 lbs each) in the freezer...and, I don't switch gears too well!

Does chicken pot pie sound like an adequate substitute? I don't think so! But, my sister sent us these great pies from someplace called Linn's...best I have ever tasted!!!
Old 01-01-2007, 07:03 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

That is ok rae......I get some of your beautiful pictures......I think the real best ones just don't show up when I want to see them........I got all the dancers.......though.....

Sorry about your Pork dinner......sounds like you need to fire John...........or teach him to respect your most precious needs.......... I wish I were there ........I would help you out and do more than that for you.......I do for two old people next to me when needed and they get more than they really need.....................They get Hugs from my little one and a visit from our dog which they love..............

Hugs to you for the rest of the night and know I am praying things get better just for your New Year............

Little Penguin
Old 01-02-2007, 07:30 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone............Been thinking about all you lovely people and today I am watching the "Death of a President" on TV..........pretty somber moment and a Reminder of a special man in history......................

Have a good day and talk to you all later.................
Little Penguin
Old 01-02-2007, 07:39 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

When Winter comes, can Spring be far behind?
About 79 days and counting!

Yeah, Pengun...if only I were in a position to do just that! He is in such denial, he doesn't realize his time with me is getting shorter and shorter. He slept ALL DAY yesterday, and this morning his a$$ is dragging. So, I told him, "Everything is back to normal" (meaning he just left to go "do his thing", and I probably won't see him until after midnight!). I hope your neighbors know how lucky they are to have you there.

Well, since I got such a late start, I guess I'll wheel into the kitchen and make myself some breakfast...I suppose it's more like brunch now.

Everyone have a great January 2nd...I'll check back later.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:46 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hang in there rae....I love you and know this is rather difficult for you........But you have lots of friends here......

Like I said....wish I were closer to you and would be there in a moment to help out and take you someplace.........maybe to see the town or some sights you want to see........Might have to dress warm as winter can get nasty...............

Well...have a good day and I will check with you later..........

Hugs........Little Penguin
Old 01-02-2007, 11:20 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I really look up to you two (Rae and Penguin)--all that sober time, all of life's ups & downs, and you keep on going and giving, in person and on-line. Thanks for everything. Not to sound too corny or anything, but you inspire me....

Love,
Jane
Old 01-02-2007, 11:37 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

OK. In honor of Dreamz, I offer a word for today:

ENDURANCE
1. the fact or power of enduring or bearing pain, hardships, etc.
2. the ability or strength to continue or last, esp. despite fatigue, stress, or other adverse conditions;
3. lasting quality; duration
4. something endured, as a hardship; trial.