Notices

Hands Across Time Zones Part 5

Old 01-05-2007, 07:04 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Ha! There's my girl! Everybody safely tucked in for the night? I'm about ready to kick back myself. Talk to you tomorrow.

Oh, BTW...did Frank tell you we spoke today? He made a point of telling me you guys would take Jenny...no problem. I can't tell you both how much that means to me. Bless you.

Johnny told me he gave her a bath last night...no wonder she didn't smell today...poor little girl.

This is pretty much what she looks like. Her tail is long and white with a fluffy end...I couldn't bear to crop it, although people usually do...it just seemed so cruel to me. Besides, how would I know if she was happy, if I couldn't see it wagging? Her face always looks kinda sad all the time.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:41 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Grateful Member!

This is Edina!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
jst_hpim0001.jpg (4.0 KB, 26 views)
Old 01-05-2007, 08:43 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Grateful Member!

This is Lexington, who sleeps on my head at night. Lexi Cat!
Attached Images
jst_hpim0003.jpg (4.2 KB, 26 views)
Old 01-05-2007, 08:48 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Grateful Member!

This is Patsy the flying nun and her sister Edina, better known as Edzer pie and Patsy poopa chulupa. They are sisters and turned 9 on January 1.
Attached Images
jst_hpim0058.jpg (3.7 KB, 28 views)
Old 01-05-2007, 08:51 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hello all,

Into day 3 here. Feeling pretty good except for a lousy night's sleep. Last time I looked at the clock, it was 5:30 am.
Hopefully tonight will get better. Oh well, no work today. Was hoping to go into Yokohama proper today, but it's raining inu and neko.

Tomorrow the January Sumo Tournament begins, so I have that to look forward to.

If it stops raining I want to get to the store to get the stuff to make lasagna. Or maybe a roast chicken--it only costs about $22 for a whole chicken at the supermarket.

Take care all, and thanks for the support.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:58 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Grateful Member!

Good to see you Michael... $22 for a roast chicken, yikes, 6.99 here in NJ. It's raining inu and neko here at the HATZ with all the pictures I just uploaded! Be good to yourself. HUG.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:00 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Grateful Member!

Rae, we have the same join date. We are a year old here at SR... on our way to two.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:06 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mythreesons View Post
Good to see you Michael... $22 for a roast chicken, yikes, 6.99 here in NJ. It's raining inu and neko here at the HATZ with all the pictures I just uploaded! Be good to yourself. HUG.
Sorry, I was unclear. It's not roasted, I have to do that myself. It's been a long time since I really cooked anything, so I'm looking forward to it.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:11 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

When Winter comes, can Spring be far behind?
About 75 days, and counting!

This one isn't quite so snowy, Jane...are you still digging out? It was 64° at 2:00 a.m. I thought the heat was on in my room...but, it wasn't! Paula saw a bunny in her backyard yesterday...the poor little things don't realize it isn't Spring, because we haven't even had winter yet!

"Inu and neko"...cats and dogs, Michael? I understand some Japanese...who knew!?! That roast chicken is going to make your apartment smell so good...there's nothing like homemade "comfort food".

Is the sumo wrestling on tv, Michael? Is it a big betting sport over there?

The same join date, Paula? There are no coincidences...HP brought us together.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:03 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone.....it is only 9am here and I need to feed my little one.....see what is going on outside and get busy moving things around the house ........

Lots to do and to see all the animals you have........I love the cat picture......I am a cat lover.........And the dogs are cute too........

rae.....love your dog........We have one here....a border collie who is 11 years old..................my cat is 2 years old and always into something and smart on top of that.............

Pray for me.........Mother in Law not doing well and Dialysis not helping anymore..........Hospice taking over her end of life stuff and I am not looking forward to a family funeral......But first things first...................to care for her till the end and that is up to Hospice............They say Hospice is the best place to be and will give less stress to the family......

Will see what happens as it was not less stress for my mom when my dad ended up at Hospice himself......they wanted to kick him out the next day...........said he could die at home and still had months to live........We knew he had hours left......should have told them to fire those that were wrong and judgmental toward my dad............................too bad......now it has been 5 1/2 years.........................OH WELL.........

Time for me to go and talk to you all later................

Little Penguin
Old 01-06-2007, 09:18 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Grateful Member!

Prayers for you and MIL (((penguin))).
Old 01-06-2007, 11:23 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Soberus Maxus

Hey everyone, Jane you have said so many nice things to me and I have not responded. I just wanted to say thank you. My three its nice to hear from you also. Just because I don't mention you all by name does not mean I dont think about you or don't care.
I have been lurking more here than posting because I am still drinking and I do not want to by a hypocrite. I am drinking way less just a few light beers a day more of a maintenance thing going on. Although it does not make me any less an alky. I just wanted you all to know that over the last year you have ALL helped me more than you can know and I care for each and every one of you.
I do have a plan as I have with everything else in my life to become Soberus Maxus again soon.
Love,
Max
Old 01-06-2007, 11:30 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Rae, that's nice of you to find a less snowy picture! I'm afraid the snow mountain in our front yard won't melt until July. Taking the dogs out for a walk these days is like going on an arctic expedition--sidewalks aren't exactly shoveled around here....

I love seeing everyone's dog & cat pics--those make me smile, even when I'm being a grumpy gal.

Penguin, sending my prayers up for you & MIL, too.

I let the awful mood I woke up with yesterday get to me and bought a bottle of wine. Drank about half of it, but of course that didn't improve the mood any. As a matter of fact, it made me feel like more of a loser--so much for that "cure." This is getting to be a habit--several weeks of sober success, then a so-called slip (aka DECISION to drink). Very depressing.

Need to focus on all the good stuff in life--great hubby, kids, dogs, etc. Sometimes I just want to wallow, though, and that's not good for anything.

Take care, all--
jane
Old 01-06-2007, 11:32 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Thanks, Max. It's good to have you here.
Old 01-06-2007, 04:17 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Thanks for the prayers everyone...........I need them and my MIL more than me..........

Max ...good to see you back on this post ....been a while....

I am doing ok for now.......went out and got a haircut that was much needed and besides wanted to look better than I was....will see how it looks tomarrow and if it does me any good.

Time to go....been a long day for a weekend........

Little Penguin
Old 01-06-2007, 07:43 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Jane...I just stopped by Simple Pleasures and saw your snow picture. WOW!

I called my sister at The Shore...they were on the boardwalk, and the temp was 72° at 3:00...crazy!

I see you, Michael...how did the roast bird turn out?
Old 01-06-2007, 07:50 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by raerob View Post
Jane...I just stopped by Simple Pleasures and saw your snow picture. WOW!

I called my sister at The Shore...they were on the boardwalk, and the temp was 72° at 3:00...crazy!

I see you, Michael...how did the roast bird turn out?
Hello,

I've been trying to respond, but for some reason my formatting buttons (including emoticons) are not working. Does anyone know if they aren't supportted by Firefox instead of Explorer?

The roast turned out so-so. I think I'm going to do a vegetable-tofu stir fry tonight. My body could use some veggies cooked right.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:19 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

When Winter comes, can Spring be far behind?
About 74 days, and counting!

I just watched Regarding Henry with Harrison Ford and Annette Bening...I had seen it a while ago, but it was worth watching again.

Mrs. Smith and I are baking a coconut custard pie, roast loin of pork, au gratin potatoes...the place is smelling soooooo good!

It cooled down overnight...I know, because I reached for my heavy throw to cover up during the night. It's cool but sunny today...maybe some flurries on Tuesday...we'll see.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:39 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

[b]This looked like fun, so I'm "borrowing" it from another thread that Paula participated in.

If your life were a television series or sitcom, who would play you?
I'm thinking Shelley Winters (the young one was hot); but, young or old, I've always thought of her as feisty... and, she still looked pretty good when she was playing the grandmother on Roseanne.

If I were younger and taller, maybe Meryl Streep...we both have that equine nose (mine seems to be getting longer as I age).

Of course, I kinda like the looks of Helen Mirren...and the accent...plus, she seems to be so cerebral (maybe that's just the parts she plays). And, now that she's a Dame...well, there is nothing like a dame!

In "the good old days", it would have been Lee Remick (Days of Wine and Roses), although I don't think I ever looked that good sloshed!

How about the rest of you?

Last edited by Jersey Nonny; 01-07-2007 at 11:00 AM.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:34 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

IGNORE PREVIOUS THREAD! A TOTAL OOOOOPS!

This looked like fun, so I'm "borrowing" it from another thread that Paula participated in.

Quote:
If your life were a television series or sitcom, who would play you?

I'm thinking Shelley Winters (the young one was hot); but, young or old, I've always thought of her as feisty...

and, she still looked pretty good when she was playing the grandmother on Roseanne.

If I were younger and taller, maybe Meryl Streep...we both have that equine nose (mine seems to be getting longer as I age).

Of course, I kinda like the looks of Helen Mirren...and the accent...plus, she seems to be so cerebral (maybe that's just the parts she plays). And, now that she's a Dame...well, there is nothing like a dame!

In "the good old days", it would have been Lee Remick (Days of Wine and Roses), although I don't think I ever looked that good sloshed!

How about the rest of you?