# 141 (permalink)  
The Dog

114 odaat
Old 10-27-2023, 11:11 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Hi :-)

I'm still a non-drinker

I was going to have a steam bath today but I can't be bothered

anyway - well done if you are still a non-drinker :-)
Old 10-29-2023, 06:35 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

3 weeks sober today!! Finally gave in and turned the heat on, supposed get down into low 30s over night.
Old 10-30-2023, 03:16 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Congrats LB! Great job. Be on guard though. Day 21-30 were always hard for me. You feel great and a massive craving will come out of nowhere. Stay vigilant.

Day 221 here. Feelings and thoughts all over the place. Some regret, some shame, some cluelessness on how to change it up. Whatever. One foot in front of the other.
Old 10-30-2023, 03:41 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Well done LowBones and OTM!

Hello everyone
Old 10-30-2023, 08:31 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Offthemast View Post
Congrats LB! Great job. Be on guard though. Day 21-30 were always hard for me. You feel great and a massive craving will come out of nowhere. Stay vigilant.

Day 221 here. Feelings and thoughts all over the place. Some regret, some shame, some cluelessness on how to change it up. Whatever. One foot in front of the other.
Thanks purpl! OTM, I am feeling good right now, am a bit on guard as the winter is getting close to really setting in. It's always a hard time for me if I am honest. The cold, the shorter daylight periods all tends to get me down a bit. Am gonna try and keep this good feeling as long as I can though.
Old 10-30-2023, 11:35 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  
The Dog

Day 118 ODAAT
Old 10-31-2023, 04:21 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Happy Halloween everyone! ​​​​​​​
Old 10-31-2023, 10:41 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Great going everyone, I find this time of year is hard with all the alcohol adverts on tv in the run up to Christmas. Be strong everyone, and keep your eyes on the prize. Believe me, living sober is way better than continuing the daily battle with the bottle
Old 10-31-2023, 12:54 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Happy Halloween everyone!
Happy Halloween to you!!
Old 10-31-2023, 01:27 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Love the pic, LowBones!
I'm still sober too, but feeling antsy or something. Like how long can I keep this up? I'm not going to drink anytime soon, but my mind is toying with me. On a better note, I'm close to 200 days, have to figure out exactly when I hit that milestone.
Old 11-01-2023, 01:44 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samwitch View Post
Love the pic, LowBones!
I'm still sober too, but feeling antsy or something. Like how long can I keep this up? I'm not going to drink anytime soon, but my mind is toying with me. On a better note, I'm close to 200 days, have to figure out exactly when I hit that milestone.
I feel that. No advice as I'm right there with ya.

I will say those feelings do come and go though. Just stay the course.
Old 11-01-2023, 02:01 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Love the pic, LowBones!
Hi Sam! You can keep this up. I know it. You too OTM. Saying I'm not gonna drink anytime soon worries me, because that's basically saying I plan to drink at some point. I've been there though. Like telling myself I can drink in 5 years to celebrate my 50th birthday or something. It's always in the background somewhere.
Old 11-01-2023, 02:10 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  
Administrator

when my mind bought up the idea of drinking again - sometime or just a little - I remembered the devastation of the last 20 years.

I believe, and see it as a fact, that its the first drink that gets me - sooner or later - so no first drinks for me.

If you're sober, you're already doing what's required...no need to worry about keeping it up

D
Old 11-01-2023, 03:15 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

I know that “future what-if” feeling too….honestly it hasn’t felt that way in quite a while, so I think it fades over time. I know I need to stay vigilant, though…those thoughts are the AV trying to toy with and manipulate us any way it can. I guess that’s where “One day at a time” comes in handy. You guys are doing great!

Edit to add: Love the Jack O Lantern, LowBones!
Old 11-01-2023, 05:56 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

I will make sure to share the appreciation of the jack o'lantern with my son. He and I had a good time carvin it up together. Just got home from making a little $$, sampling the Stella Artois N/a offering. Unlike many others with less than .5% abv, the label clearly states 0.0 % alcohol....and it's pretty good in flavor dept.
Old 11-02-2023, 08:16 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

I'm with Purps in that it does get easier the longer you're sober. It's not surprising considering the amount of time we spent drinking, thinking about drinking, wondering when we could get our next drink yada yada yada, that when we do stop drinking we struggle with wondering if or how long we will remain sober.
I found that something Dee said way back resonated with me he 'took drink off the table' it was no longer a consideration. I found once I did that it was a very liberating experience. Everyone approaches recovery from a different route, and we all have differing ways of finding our forward path. If it was easy, there would be no drunks, it's tough. But look at what you e got in your toolkit that works for you and reinforce it daily.

So many here on SR are going forward through life sober because they found this place and got the support they needed to do it. You've taken the first steps by coming here and getting those early days under your belts. Just keep doing what you're doing and be very, very proud of what you've already achieved.
Old 11-02-2023, 11:27 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone, yes I am staying the course and recommitted to looking at being sober as a part of my new much healthier life. Everything is better since I quit drinking, if I really assess things, including finances, health, brain, sleep, attitude, etc, etc.
I had a drinking dream last night: I was at a work party and had two glasses of wine and turned into a crazy person.

I woke up with that feeling of remorse I used to get when I did drink, ugh. So glad it was a dream, but also glad I had it as it was a really good reminder of what I'm not missing.

Old 11-02-2023, 04:13 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone, yes I am staying the course and recommitted to looking at being sober as a part of my new much healthier life. Everything is better since I quit drinking, if I really assess things, including finances, health, brain, sleep, attitude, etc, etc.
I had a drinking dream last night: I was at a work party and had two glasses of wine and turned into a crazy person.

I woke up with that feeling of remorse I used to get when I did drink, ugh. So glad it was a dream, but also glad I had it as it was a really good reminder of what I'm not missing.
Not sure that I am jealous of the drunk dream....I don't remember my dreams. Not for decades. I assume i have some, but when i sleep, i just wake up and time has passed, zero recolection of anything in between. I chalked it up to passing out, rather than sleeping for a long time. Now sober, that part is still the same. The dreams i used to have years ago were not good and would wake me up...don't miss those at all.
Old 11-03-2023, 07:00 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

I hear ya, LowBones. My dreams have been pretty interesting since I quit drinking, I feel like my subconscious is making up for the years it couldn't torture me with any since I was basically passed out from alcohol! I'm hoping it calms down soon--haha.