Notices

One Year And Under Part 73

Old 09-19-2023, 06:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

One Year And Under Part 73

last part here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...t-72-a-20.html (One Year And Under Part 72)

D
Old 09-19-2023, 06:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on day 180 OTM

D
Old 09-19-2023, 06:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you, D.
Old 09-20-2023, 07:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi :-)

Started the 2nd day of my fast (trying to reset my immune system) - I am starving right now but not eating seems to be fixing me (lung congestion almost gone and sense of smell coming back and joint paint fading away) - I'll do a week of water fasting to give my body a chance to reset

a big problem with stopping and starting drinking is that you don't just damage the creative and thinking parts of your brain, you also damage the autonomic and regulatory parts of your brain as well - I'm sure my last drinking relapse did some significant damage that has weakened my immune system (I do get gout but my recent joint pain has been a different pain in different joint areas)

there you go - old people's fave topic - there deteriorating health ...

anyway - well done if you a still a none drinker :-)

Old 09-20-2023, 07:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Started the 2nd day of my fast (trying to reset my immune system) - I am starving right now but not eating seems to be fixing me (lung congestion almost gone and sense of smell coming back and joint paint fading away) - I'll do a week of water fasting to give my body a chance to reset

a big problem with stopping and starting drinking is that you don't just damage the creative and thinking parts of your brain, you also damage the autonomic and regulatory parts of your brain as well - I'm sure my last drinking relapse did some significant damage that has weakened my immune system (I do get gout but my recent joint pain has been a different pain in different joint areas)

there you go - old people's fave topic - their deteriorating health ...

Old 09-20-2023, 07:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

there you go - old people's fave topic - their deteriorating health ...

Old 09-20-2023, 08:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Day 77 ODAAT
Old 09-20-2023, 08:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dee!

Day 343.
Old 09-20-2023, 09:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi Five Tries and Offthemast, welcome both to the thread and well done on your achievements so far!

Okmaybethis I hope you get the support you need on other threads, I had a niece who had horrendous withdrawals from methadone that seemed to go on for quite a long time. Keep strong.

Red I hope the week on water helps, sounds like you don't have your troubles to seek.

Been busy the last few days and hadn't realised I haven't been on SR, it's usually a daily ritual to visit my threads and see what's going down.
I do like to have a mocktail from time to time I love a mockjito and don't miss the booze in it at all.
Old 09-20-2023, 11:44 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey all. I guess since I was pretty much a wine drinker most NA drinks don't appeal, and like 5 said bar prices for a Virgin Mary are another consideration. I do like a grapefruit juice and club soda so sometimes I've ordered that, but not because I used to order that with vodka.

Anyway, all good here, drinking seems more and more in the rear view mirror: I've got a bunch of upcoming events that include happy hours, trips to wineries but I'm confident that it won't be problem not to drink. Having announced that I have given it up gives me lots of power in that regard. If that makes sense.
Old 09-21-2023, 02:16 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samwitch View Post
Having announced that I have given it up gives me lots of power in that regard. If that makes sense.
Makes all kind of sense. I come here every day but the first thing I do is fortify my quit by declaring it. I don't try to say I will be quit tomorrow but I know I will be if I promise to stay quit every single day. I won't drink today is easier then I will never drink again in my life.
Old 09-21-2023, 12:56 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

You're absolutely right DDog. "Today is a sober day", repeat every morning.
Old 09-21-2023, 05:33 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hey guys. Headed out of town until mid next week. Gonna get one last beach trip in before the fall. It is my moms birthday so we pitched in on a condo. No pressure to drink as they don't and I am not really entertaining it these days. It will be good to get away for a few days. Congrats to everyone on their sober days, weeks, months, etc. Have a great weekend.
Old 09-21-2023, 05:34 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

Enjoy your break OTM

D
Old 09-21-2023, 05:50 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Sounds like fun, OTM! Hope you have a good time

Well done friends
Old 09-21-2023, 11:39 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Day 79 no drinking and no hangover. I was thinking while driving to work with the window down how much better it feels not hung over.
Old 09-22-2023, 04:09 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I hear ya, D-Dog….I can’t tell you how many times I had to drive with a bag in my lap, or pull over on my way to work every morning!
Old 09-22-2023, 06:12 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Yeah, so glad those days of driving to work with a hangover are over. That was horrible.

I was up early today, and at the gym early too. Stopped and got my favorite protein smoothie afterward, it's a special they only make during September, and this is the first one I've gotten, so I have to make the most of the next 7 days, haha.

Old 09-22-2023, 11:10 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

last post went funny - I didn't post that many times on purpose, but I had massive lag on the forum, so might have hit the post button a few times because it did not show - excuse me please :-]

didn't last on my fast, but the little I did, did work - I'm much recovered with minimal joint pain and a sunnier outlook

I've been researching and looking at the effects of alcohol on 'cytokine and chemokine signaling between immune cells involved in coordinating an immune response' - binge drinking can really mess you up ...

this year I've only drunked for a weeks in one spell (3 weeks or so I recall) but it badly messed me up in recovery ...

it really is Russian roulette stopping and starting drinking - you might have no ill effects or you might be physically and mentally wrecked - I'm not in a terrible state but things have been disproportionately rough for a few weeks drinking

anyway - well done if you a still a non-drinker :-)
Old 09-23-2023, 12:44 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

I've read Red, that binge drinking can actually be far more detrimental to your health than steady drinking, though we all know that that is no good either!

Sam I took great power and relief from stating that 'I don't drink' in various instances. Usually folk leave it at that, but some want to ask questions. I'm happy enough o go into it if there's a chance it will help someone in the right direction.

Purp, DDog, it was a morning after, when I was too ashamed to look into my own eyes in the mirror that was my personal nadir. That was my last hangover. Funny thing is the first time I got I'll after I stopped drinking I felt absolutely wretched, and then thought 'heck, I used to wake up like this Every. Single. Morning! Yeesh!