Notices

One Year And Under Part 73

Old 11-14-2023, 06:17 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

N/A beer is not for everyone....but I have found a place for it in my world. I have had to do a fair amount of work on the motorcycle and the jeep recently which means being out in the driveway. It's a really small/close neighborhood....and making it appear like I am getting tanked at 9am while getting projects done stops the neighbors from dropping by while I am trying to work. Feels like a win to me...
Old 11-14-2023, 08:30 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Lol. Dang good idea LB.
Old 11-16-2023, 02:21 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  
The Dog

134 ODAAT I may have to get an empty whiskey bottle and fill it with tea.
Old 11-16-2023, 02:45 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Lol you guys
Old 11-17-2023, 06:25 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DeplorableDog View Post
134 ODAAT I may have to get an empty whiskey bottle and fill it with tea.
you have my support on this,lol
Old 11-17-2023, 07:30 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Offthemast View Post
Did you read it?
Yes, I read it! It was pretty good. But great when I consider that it seems to have everything I need to keep sober. I'll have to read it again.

Sorry so late to get back to this thread! Glad to see everyone seems to be doing well.

I drank a couple NA beers this past weekend. I enjoy them sometimes. Gives me the taste without the consequences. From the first one I tried they have proved to me that I have this alcohol problem. Because I drink one and then lose interest in having any more. I brought a six pack to my weekend getaway and came home with four. That would never have happened with alcoholic beer. I have one like once a month or at special occassions. Feels like being a normal drinker! 🤣

I could see how they could be dangerous for some of us though and lead back to drinking. Not for everyone.
Old 11-17-2023, 07:38 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

I did the same thing w a virgin mary, had one and struggled to finish it. If had been a bloody mary I would have sucked it down and immediately ordered another.

I want to try an NA beer, as oddly I could drink one beer, usually a Corona or something like it and stop, so the NA version would probably work well for me.
Old 11-17-2023, 07:42 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Hey Sam, Happy Friday!

I had a virgin bloody mary once this year when I went to brunch with a friend. That was like 6 months ago? If that thing had had vodka in it I'd almost certainly still be 'out there'.

Can't believe this...but today I've been sober 320 days.
Old 11-17-2023, 07:55 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FiveTries View Post

I could see how they could be dangerous for some of us though and lead back to drinking. Not for everyone.
I could definitely see the downfall associated with this being a trigger for some. For me boredom, and stress are a far bigger danger to me than anything else. I gotta keep busy, and focused on things or i am prone to bad choices in life, not exclusive to alcohol. Once I get set on something it's hard to break from that path. Sometimes it can be positive, others not so much. I would like to blame the internet, and YouTube in particular for a lot of things. Too much exposure to information has cause me to be obsessed with various ideas. Thanks to these influences I have built a wooden Jon boat, a black smithing forge with anvil, made my own tobacco pipes, and long bows for archery....and much more. If it's not cost prohibitive...it's probably gonna happen. Often even if it's a terrible idea. I have to be aware of what I allow myself to focus on, or else. NA beer doesn't make me want to drink nearly as much as the forced interaction with the neighbors inviting themselves over and breaking my concentration on something with a million questions about what I am up to, and where did you learn to do that. Got 1 guy in particular that no matter what, will try and engage a conversation with his doomsday politics and how we are all screwed.

Old 11-17-2023, 10:03 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Ha, Lowbones I love that saying! Cracks me up.

Good for you on the productive obsessions.

Hi Five! Congrats, you are really racking up the days!!
Old 11-17-2023, 10:31 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  
The Dog

Originally Posted by LowBones View Post
you have my support on this,lol
I have actually done something very similar years ago. Where I work I used to assemble the windows for the construction equipment we build. I always had a spray bottle of Palmolive dish soap and water to spray on the rubber molding to make it easier to slide the window in. The mixture of Palmolive and water is blue. One night I went to the tool crib and got a brand new spray bottle. I did not put soap and water in it though. I filled it with a bottle of blue Powerade. Every time my supervisor walked by I would pick it up and spray it in my mouth. Finally he stopped and asked, "Are you drinking soap and water?" I replied, "Actually it tastes really good, would you like to try it?" He walked away shaking his head and it was weeks later before he found out it was really Powerade in that bottle that night.
Old 11-17-2023, 01:00 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samwitch View Post
Ha, Lowbones I love that saying! Cracks me up.

Good for you on the productive obsessions.

Hi Five! Congrats, you are really racking up the days!!
I assure I chose to highlight the most socially acceptable of the lot,lol. Gotta keep up online appearances ....
Old 11-17-2023, 07:08 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Lol...you guys
Old 11-18-2023, 01:43 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Funnily enough I used to love drinking tomato juice but was so disappointed with my first Bloody Mary! Not my choice of drink but I'd happily quaff the virgin kind!

LowBones, I fear I would be asking 100 questions too, or happily sitting quietly watching you work

DDog my late ex husband used to work on Glasgow docks. He spent a day walking round pulling a length or rope until his supervisor said 'why are you dragging that rope everywhere?' to which he replied ' I tried pushing it but it didn't work'!
Old 11-18-2023, 08:43 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LowBones View Post
I assure I chose to highlight the most socially acceptable of the lot,lol. Gotta keep up online appearances ....
HA HA. I also love that emoji.

Old 11-19-2023, 01:33 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  
The Dog

Day 137 ODAAT
Old 11-19-2023, 05:48 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Yesterday's auto project...replacing the cv shaft on the drivers side for the 2nd time in 4 months. Raise your alcohol free beverage of choice to all the bad new parts that at least have a warranty.

Today I cross over 6 weeks without. Gotta gather some parts for future auto work later this week, and spend some time hanging with my boy before heading out to seek my fortune.
Old 11-19-2023, 06:00 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post

LowBones, I fear I would be asking 100 questions too, or happily sitting quietly watching you work
!
I dont mind quiet folks so much.... i think my neighbors just cant help themselves. I tend to keep to myself and be kind of unconventional looking, their curiousity gets the better of them to take any opportunity to ruin what could be a peaceful afternoon. Lol
Old 11-20-2023, 02:17 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  
The Dog

Day 138 ODAAT
Old 11-20-2023, 08:36 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Day 242. Man, my mood has been Meh lately. I had a buddy stop by who lives in Atlanta yesterday just to say hey and catch up a little. This is one of my lifelong friends and best bud back in the day. Its never awkward as we always pick up where we left off. Problem is I can't help but feel an underlying embarrassment on how my life has turned out. Single, living in an apartment, and just kinda existing. Here he is w a family, etc, etc. I've had a blessed life and have done some cool stuff but the shame there needs to be dealt with. I think this is one of the things drinking covered up. Just an overall dissatisfaction with the choices I've made and not knowing how to change it.

I will not drink over it. As a matter of fact it is motivation to focus on today and get better every day. I had a lot of fun with the party life but at what cost? Pretty much everything.