One Year & Over Part 90

Old 02-05-2023, 06:20 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Good morning, dear Sass. ❤️
Old 02-05-2023, 07:18 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!

We made it to AZ

Sassy, I feel your pain soooo much. My son has decided to ignore me. It think it’s the worst pain a human can feel, the worst punishment for my unknown crime. I’m almost done cryin, but this last December, I was so low. He came to my wedding in 2021, and hasn’t engaged one bit after. I told his dad I’m done. I have to be done for me.

Im going to see my daughter in late Feb., and he still,loves there with his dad full time. For the first time, I’m not yearning to see or connect. He has been eliminated from my Will.

Toots, I’m sad for you too, I bet your stepdaughters he’ll burns her more than you, but as you say, that doesn’t make our blisters any less painful.

FBL, wow. If I was your coworker sober relapsed friend,I would have that wine on my mind 24/7. I don’t ever want to choose to open that Pandora’s box again. My denial was deep, and even though I “knew” inside my hell that I was on a rapidly descending downward spiral, I think I would have distanced myself emotionally from anyone who called me on my behavior. It is difficult to allow someone the opportunity to help themselves. I hope she’s aware she can come to you if she’d like help.

Bekind, I decided never to try nonalcoholic anything. I figured why would I want to pretend I’m drinking, and get no buzz? Getting drunk was precisely my motive in my last years, and I doubt from experimenting modération a few times, that will ever change in me. Glad if you enjoy it though

Mags, hope all is well with the asthma.

BB, congrats on 400! That’s a wonderful thing, we are so proud.

Purps and Sassy, I miss kitties. Can’t wait to visit that one I showed in pic.
Old 02-05-2023, 09:03 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Good morning overs.

I hope you all back East are making it through the cold snap. It has been almost shirt sleeve weather here.

Free, that must be so tough with a child. I never had kids. I do have a strained relationship with a sister. I read somewhere that after we die we will know everything about everyone, because of that, I would put out a good thought or a joke for my sister, thinking that in some after life she would get this thought from me like some kind of afterlife email. Of course this may well be a bunch of rooster-poop but it helped me feel a tiny positive connection with her.

Well I've fed the dog and cat, put the chickens in the pen with scratchings, vacuumed up glass in the garage from when I broke a bottle, and now I'm off to call my sister, go over to see if my nephew will do something with me.

May you all be headed for a good one.
Old 02-05-2023, 02:39 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Hi all - wishing you all a good weekend. Managed to catch up during a rare dual nap but not enough to post. Happy to be here and sober.
Old 02-05-2023, 02:54 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Hi Serene, honey. ❤️
Old 02-05-2023, 04:14 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Got some more sleep last night and this morning so feeling pretty rested right now.
Old 02-05-2023, 04:35 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone. Congrats Brit on 400 days. FBL sounds like you responded the only way you could. I know I could not have that one glass of wine. I would be headed next for the bottle shop for a liter of Vodka. We got through the cold spell. Unlike the east coast in Wisconsin we usually get arctic air in January so we are kind of used to it. Not that I like it much. It’s warmed up nicely however.

Hope you all have a great week.
Old 02-06-2023, 03:09 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Was driving to work this morning and that dreaded "check engine" light came back on again. UGH! I just dropped 3 Grand at the shop last week. I'm going to take it back there this morning and politely, but firmly ask that they figure it out. I've had zero issues with this particular shop, but I do have other places I can go if it comes to that.

Have a Marvelous Monday, overs!
Old 02-06-2023, 03:17 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

I’ve been there too FBL….SOOOO irritating!

Good to see you Scott, SE, Free, BeKind & all fellow Overs!
Old 02-06-2023, 03:41 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Free, even though I know I’m not alone, it still helps to hear from others with similar late parenting issues. I’ve heard from a few others, too, and it helps especially when I’m in the midst of an episode with my daughter. I wish I could stop caring but that’s just not in me.

When I moved to my retirement community it was about 5 months after op rehab. After a few months I was very tempted and had one glass of wine and then couldn’t stop. Luckily I very quickly went to see my pdoc, got on naltrexone and nipped it in the bud. Although it was brief and I got through it quickly, I felt awful and haven’t had a any since. So although I know it’s possible to stop drinking a second time, I wouldn’t recommend it.

least, happy to hear you got some sleep and are feeling rested!

Have a Marvelous Monday to all
Old 02-06-2023, 11:49 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs!

Have a Terrific Tuesday
Old 02-07-2023, 12:59 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

that sucks FBL
Old 02-07-2023, 03:43 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

So, I took the car back to the shop and they said that sometimes the computer codes don't reset properly and that should take it to the dealership to get the codes reset. So, I made an appointment for this morning and lo and behold when I started the car up this morning the light didn't come on! So I'm going to cancel that appointment and hope that it stays off for good.

Have a Terrific Tuesday, overs!
Old 02-07-2023, 06:40 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Funny, I was going to recommend that you have a diagnostic done at a dealership just to double check. I am glad that things appear to be fixed FBL.

I think that if I had one drink, I would soon be giving myself permission to have one daily, then multiple drinks daily and within a few months, I would be back at alcoholic consumption levels. I tell people alcohol is like eating potato chips. No one wants to just eat one or two chips, so it is far easier to not start eating any at all than trying to stop after a few.

SE, the children struggle is real, and just when you think things are going well, unexpected behavior pops up. Kids seem to pick up on all the bad behavior at pre school and try them out at home to see how it plays out. It can be exhausting as a parent. You are doing great.

Least, I am glad you finally got some sleep.

Have a good day all!
Old 02-08-2023, 04:14 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs!

A bit of snow last night. Off to get my every-eight-week infusion today. Tiresome - 1/2 hour drive each way and at least 1.5 hours there. I should be grateful these drugs exist but I miss the days when a 10-cent pill did the job.

Have a good day
Old 02-08-2023, 02:33 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

10 hour day done & probably another tomorrow….glad to be home w/ coffee, then I can do some stretches and (try to) relax!
Old 02-08-2023, 04:47 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Hugs and good vibes to all

Old 02-08-2023, 11:37 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Getting warmer here...
Vet check today...it was affirmed dog will eventually die from her heart murmur. She is ok...I try to keep her quiet...where we walk etc. It sucks...such a gentle little soul..
Old 02-09-2023, 01:01 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Awww, PJ - that’s so sad. I’m happy that you and Roxie found each other *hug*.

Have a terrific Thursday, my friends
Old 02-09-2023, 01:22 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

(((Roxy and PJ)))