Old 01-30-2023, 06:07 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Sassy, I hope you have no pain issues while you have low energy

A family members boy

[url=https://postimages.org/]
Old 01-30-2023, 09:51 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Wow Free….that looks like quite a trek!

Awww cutie kitty I went and visited BratCat today…he was glad to see me, but then I got the feeling I was interrupting one of his midmorning naps
Old 01-30-2023, 11:55 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

Free what a beautiful ginger kitty. ❤️

A lady who lives nearby lost her cat, a tabby. She is new to the village like myself and been keeping her in for a few weeks. Anyway she got out of an open window and the lady and many other kind folk have been looking out for the cat. She was giving up hope when two weeks later the cat just strolled in the garden, hungry but fine! What a relief she was safe. Our pets don’t half worry us sometimes.

I need to go shopping but it gets a bit awkward what to buy, checking for gluten free for Mr. Mags. The easiest meals, and I guess the healthiest, are those made from scratch, knowing what is in it. He does make a nice fruit loaf, with nuts and fruit and carrots he calls it carrot cake but looks more like a fruit loaf.

Have a good day my friends xxxx
Old 01-31-2023, 02:49 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

It's a chilly -5 F here this morning.

We got to dog-sit little Diesel yesterday. He sure is a cute little guy!

Old 01-31-2023, 04:58 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs!

FBL, both you and Diesel look happy :-)

Mags, fortunately I don’t need to eat gluten-free though I know several people who do. Happy to hear the other lady’s cat returned.

hi Purps

Free, gorgeous cat! Of course, I go gaga over just about any kitty. No, not dealing with much pain. Creaking joints and some back pain. Mostly lack of energy - probably from the 11 prescriptions I’m on.

Hi SG! We haven’t had as much snow as usual. In past years here I’ve typically seen at least one good snowstorm with about two feet of snow.

Sassykitty is curled up on my lap and purring. Have a good Tuesday
Old 01-31-2023, 11:34 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

Lovely pic of you and Diesel FBL. He looks such a happy and contented dog.

Been very windy outside in the night. It’s funny how it’s different noises I hear at this place than the last. Wonder if it’s the different trees? I got used to the sounds at the old place. I’m getting there and getting more familiar with the sounds. I don’t know if I said before but I can see the stars and moon here much more clearer, almost like I’m nearer them, than the other place. Or maybe the air is clearer.

Have a good day my friends. be safe xxxx
Old 02-01-2023, 02:18 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Spent nearly $2000 on car repairs yesterday with another $1000 coming soon. Thank goodness for credit cards!

Have a Happy Hump-Day, overs!
Old 02-01-2023, 03:18 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Ouch, FBL! That’s probably more expensive these days - like everything else. Rising inflation really hurts those of us on fixed incomes.

I think I haven’t been low energy - just somewhat depressed. My daughter has always been a challenge but I love her. I’m not thrilled with the person she has become. Sometimes she is downright mean - not just to me but i see it in other attitudes. In any case, she has made it clear she wants no contact and I certainly get the sense she means it. Back when I was drinking I would have really gone on a bender along with the ‘poor me’ routine. This time I haven’t even been tempted. I know I made plenty of mistakes though this is far beyond what I would have expected. I’m sad more than anything else.

Have a good Hump Day to all
Old 02-01-2023, 06:03 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Magsie

Sassy sorry your daughter is no contact.
It must hurt though I’m pleased you don’t turn to drink.
Old 02-01-2023, 06:12 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry, Sass. s ❤️
Old 02-01-2023, 06:31 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

That is a difficult realization Sassy. Hopefully, she will come around at some point. I am happy that you are not tempted to drink through it all.

Ouch FBL. Are you beginning to think about a newer car at this point?

Glad that you can see the skies more clearly Mags.

Have a good day all!
Old 02-01-2023, 02:20 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

That sucks, FBL! I know what you mean…I’m trying to hang onto my car as long as I can ‘cause I like not having payments….but the older it gets….

(((Sassy))) Sorry to hear that…maybe someday she’ll have a change of heart…

Glad to hear you’re settling nicely in the new place Mags
Old 02-01-2023, 02:23 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

The thing I found strange here is the car payment thing. In Aus, people often buy cars outright. And that is what I did here, as well. I am not paying interest on a car—they are already expensive enough.
Old 02-01-2023, 02:51 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sass, definitely her loss.

D
Old 02-01-2023, 04:03 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

It would be the smart thing to do Sooz….my dad does that as well …I would’ve been able to if I didn’t spend two decades at the bar!
Old 02-01-2023, 04:15 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

I hear you love—it is only because of my dad (parents) that I have any money at all.
Old 02-02-2023, 01:48 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Sass, it truly is her loss, but that doesn't change the sadness you feel. I understand a little of that because no matter how much I love my stepdaughter, and everything I have done or would willingly do for her, I feel as if she merely tolerates me, and when she, I and her dad are together I may as well be invisible. It breaks my heart, but I cannot change her. You have said in the past that your daughter has had some mental health issues and perhaps these have bearing on her behaviour. That isn't to excuse her but perhaps to give you reason to make allowances if it eases your heart. I'm sending a Toots cyber hug, known as some of the best in the world for comforting a tender spirit

Suze, I think a lot of people have always bought on HP within budgetable ability, for many they can't afford the thousands for up front costs. And certainly in recent years with interest rates being so very low and car loan companies competing for business, it was an affordable option. Now here in the U.K. with interest rates rising steadily, Mortgages and loan payments (unless arranged at a fixed price) will put a lot of people in difficult financial situations.

No news as yet on the couple who were considering buying the flats, I hope they come back to us soon either way so we can try alternatives if they don't want them. It is stressing me out a little as I just want rid now, but as both are mortgaged we need to ensure enough funds to pay them off.
Old 02-02-2023, 03:55 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support! It helps. I know I’m not alone in this and it helps me especially when I’m wondering where I failed. Yes, dear Toots - I know you have a similar situation. I keep feeling like I should be able to “fix it”. Ah well - life does go on.

My parents never, ever bought anything on time except for the 10-year mortgage on their home. And they paid that off early. The first time I bought a car on time I felt soooo guilty. I still pay my credit cards in full as soon as I get the bill. I don’t regret it at all.

Have a terrific Thursday
Old 02-02-2023, 03:57 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

I've been thinking about buying a new car lately. However, my current Toyota Corolla has 160,000 miles on it and it's the most reliable car I've ever owned, so I'd like to get at least 200,000 on it. These two most recent repairs are the biggest I've had so far and they just happened to come at the same time. I'm hoping that this will be it for awhile (knock on wood).

Have a Thunderous Thursday, overs!
Old 02-02-2023, 09:35 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Aha, FBL - I have them same car - simple, functional and not too expensive! Mine is a 2018 model.

Have a great Friday