# 461 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Welcome, Plenny!

Back to my book project today.

Have a Marvelous Monday, overs!
Old 04-10-2023, 05:05 AM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Welcome Plenny. Congratulations on one year of sobriety.

Old 04-10-2023, 05:17 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  

What now? Plenny is here? ❤️❤️​​​​​​​

Old 04-10-2023, 05:24 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  

______Congrats on one year!
Old 04-10-2023, 07:16 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Good to have you here Plenny!!

I feel you all on the pain of broken family relations. So much of family relations falls under the accepting "things I can not change". It has been a hard learn for me to let things go instead of trying to fix others which is a bit arrogant. I get a giggle out of thinking how I can do good by staying the hell of other people's lives on occasion. Also I look at some of my own crap that I struggle with everyday and don't do well.

Well taxes and Easter are done and dusted.

I'm hoping to call some friends, get some exercise and work on the dreaded pile AKA pile of papers that needs filing, reading and/or doing something with.

May you all have a good one!

Old 04-10-2023, 07:39 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hiya Overs

Welcome to the overs Plenny. So good to see you here.

Love to all the Overs xxxx

Old 04-10-2023, 08:06 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Hi Plenny!

SO GOOD TO SEE YOU HERE.

Big welcome and congratulations.

Old 04-10-2023, 03:17 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  

Hi Plenny.
Old 04-10-2023, 07:56 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Thank you so much everyone! It’s great to be here !

This is a very cool transition
Old 04-10-2023, 09:34 PM
  # 470 (permalink)  

The rats and mice are back.. Nursing home over back fence, fruit trees and lots of disposed of food.
ugh
Old 04-11-2023, 02:13 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  

PJ, that doesn’t sound nice at all!

Have a Terrific Tuesday to all
Old 04-11-2023, 08:06 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Overs

Oh heck PJ. Hope they don’t decide to come visit you.

Just back from Mil’s not long ago. I took her and her friend to Home Bargains for a few bits. It is a challenge I admit.

Have a good day my friends xxxx 🌺💐🌼🌸🌷🌻🌹
Old 04-11-2023, 01:04 PM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your 1 year soberversary Plenny
Old 04-11-2023, 07:19 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Thank you, Britbird

so… I must admit I feel a bit weird being a year sober and still struggling with lots of things like my finances and my stability. I guess I don’t know who I “am.” I don’t feel that I have much to offer a relationship.

I do want a relationship. I guess now that I’ve overcome the hurdle of just getting sober, I have a foundation to build on?

I’d like to pick up where I dropped out 14 years ago, and start to rebuild. Im afraid to announce any goals or plans because I’m scared I will not be able to follow through. But I do want to step up and be able to bring something to the table.

I feel like a sophomore. I suppose I am. Im watching the big kids move up and I’m still wearing water wings
Old 04-11-2023, 07:56 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  
Administrator

Things happen as they are meant to, I think Plenny?
I had a plan to deal with not drinking again but everything else just kind of...happened

D
Old 04-11-2023, 08:23 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Plenny, welcome and congrats on your sober year!

PJ, that pic of Roxy is beautiful. She is such a pretty dog. I love her soft brown eyes. . I am so glad she is your companion. She is lucky to have you to love and care for her.

Mags, oh yes, a doggie to grow up thinking he/she is a cat! . That will be a good addition to your household. . We got our first dog when I was 14, after we had moved to Ohio. Dogs are wonderful friends. . Billie was 2 yrs old when I got her. She didn't 'hate' my cats, but thought they were toys for her to play with, chase after, and harass. That went on for about the first year, and then it stopped. Rarely chased them anymore. I think that Franny gave her a claw to the nose for chasing her. Franny is a very docile easy going cat, but she could only take so much of Billie's hijinx and finally let her have it. During Billie's second year with us, she gradually got more friendly with the cats and stopped chasing them and bothering them. They like Billie too, and will rub against her like cats show affection. . Billie occasionally gets a burr up her butt and chases them, but there's no animosity there, just friends playing. Sometimes Franny will tease Billie into chasing her, and then escape into the bathroom by the little cat door in the gate. .

Sorry, rambling there... . Have you any ideas of what type of dog? Purebred or mongrel? I have never gotten a dog from a breeder, prefer to get them from a shelter. . I like mutts myself. . Have always had them and love them to bits. Do you want a small, medium, or big dog? Oh do get a pup!

PJ, Roxy doesn't hunt/catch any of the rodents, does she? I hope she doesn't cause the nursing home may be putting out poison, and Roxy could get sick or die from eating them. . I lost a good cat that way, years ago. I had put poison in the bsmt to get rid of the mice. The poison slowed the mouse so that my cat could catch and eat it. . I woke up to her screams from the pain. She died before I could get her to the vet. She was in agony and it was all my fault.

Just a warning so that doesn't happen to Roxy.

Old 04-11-2023, 08:47 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  

Welcome Pleny!

FWIW - I’m feeling something similar but for different life stage reasons than drinking (I have 2 younger kids who and haven’t slept in 5 years and my life reflects it)

Changes can feel a tad uncomfortable on one side of the coin. Nice thing about coins is there is a flip side too

((Sassy)) ((Toots)) ((PJ))) ((heck pretty much all of us)) Families and Holidays, never easy…even when they go well.

Passover and Easter happened on the same day for our family this year (not sure if it’s always like that). MIL decided to do a first full Sador (spelling?) and I only discovered that when we sat down at the dinner table and I had no idea that would be a 2 hr event at the table before food is served and thus didn’t prep rhe kids. They also started their day with sugar due to an egg hunt, so that just amplified their late day hangry, but I was actually proud of both of them for keeping it together for the most part.

happy to be passed it all

Old 04-11-2023, 11:53 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  
Administrator

new thread here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...part-91-a.html (One Year & Over Part 91)

D