Notices

Class of May 2018 Part 6

Old 06-15-2020, 03:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of May 2018 Part 6

last part

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-5-a-20.html (Class of May 2018 Part 5)
D
Old 06-15-2020, 07:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for the new thread Dee
Old 06-16-2020, 02:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Although I don’t think there’s many people left here
Except myself and Bumblebee.
And Gettingcloser sometimes
And occasionally someone else might pop in and say hi.
Free, John, are you guys still around?
Old 06-17-2020, 04:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well I’m going to keep posting in here, even if I’m just talking to myself lol, or journalling perhaps
Because it’s where I started my sober journey and it feels like home.
It’s been a pretty bumpy ride two years and 1 month down the track, but I’m still here, I haven’t given up and I have definitely drank way less in the last couple of years than in any time for the last 30, so that’s an achievement in itself that wouldn’t have been possible without SR.

I have 1 week under my belt since my last mishap with drinking. And I’m on day 8 today. I have to take it one day at a time. One moment at a time. I will not drink today. And sometimes when the AV is giving me a really hard time, it’s simply I will not drink right now.
Old 06-17-2020, 05:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Well done on day 8 Willow

D
Old 06-17-2020, 05:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee
I feel good today
Old 06-18-2020, 07:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

New thread! Go May 2018!!

You are not taking to yourself willow- I’m here listening. And dee always is too

I agree may 2020 is home for me as well. If you remember, I did end up drinking in June 2020.

But it isn’t about the day your on. It is about the process and the journey. And I feel our journey started in May 2018.

Willow, fantastic work. Your ability to return to SR is impressive. I would quit... drink and then disappear for weeks.
Keep up the determination.

Life is getting back to normal here. I am actually at dance class now with my youngest daughter. We are going to the pool today for the first time this summer.

Still a lot of restrictions in place, but things are starting to open back up... thank goodness. That quarantine period was rough.

Not there is a lot of craziness going on with racism and police officers. Which is truly sad.

Hope everyone reading this is having a fantastic day, because you deserve it!

Bumble
Old 06-21-2020, 08:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Bumble!
I think May 2020 will always be my SR hope, despite not having been sober the whole time.
Like you Bumble, it’s where my journey started
Old 06-23-2020, 07:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hope everyone is doing well.

I am doing pretty good, overall.
Celebrated Father's Day recently... went swimming at my sister's house... went fishing with the family this morning.

I got botox, I am turning 40 in September. I have always disliked my forehead. Sounds kinda vein.. but it truly has been a confidence booster.

Now if I could just stop overeating - I am unsure if I will ever win that battle.

Say HI if you are reading this
Have a great day
Bumble
Old 06-23-2020, 08:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

hi bumblebee
Old 06-24-2020, 03:50 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey Bumble!
Old 06-25-2020, 01:33 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Bumble
I’m glad your confidence has had a boost!
I find overeating is an issue too. I’m trying to make up for it with more exercise
Old 06-25-2020, 06:57 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Ugh. I do exercise too. But not enough

I find myself eating a lot at night. I need to break that cycle. We leave for the beach in 16 days... maybe that will motivate me.

Old 06-25-2020, 08:04 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I have been eating a lot at night too. And have put weight on too. But I’m working on a healthier eating plan, and having healthy snacks on hand, like cut up carrot and celery sticks and salsa, rather than cheese and crackers.
Just little changes make a difference I think. But exercise is a key for me, even just walking. I go through stages of being disciplined and exercising regularly, to being slack and doing nothing. I have been far too slack lately! Time to kick my own butt lol
Old 06-27-2020, 05:35 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

How’re things going Bumble? And Gettingcloser?
Hi Dee

It’s Sunday here and it’s the first Sunday in as long as I can remember that I have zero desire to drink. Interesting. I’m very grateful for being sober, and for having the ability to choose to stay that way. I’m also very grateful for the beautiful day here today and I think I’ll go for a walk on the beach
Old 06-28-2020, 07:23 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hey Willow.

I am doing good! It is also Sunday here. My parents took the girls last night for a sleep over... and I am feeling very refreshed today. Hubby and I went out to dinner for the first time since COVID... it was so so nice. I woke up ran, and showered... without any interruptions or having to be in the kitchen making breakfast. It was a nice mini break from reality that I needed.

That is amazing that you have zero desire to drink. That is the best feeling, isn't it? Then you don't have to fight with yourself whether or not.... yes or no... just one... when... how much. It is all so exhausting. I hope you enjoyed your Sunday and your walk on the beach! Can you walk from your house to the beach?

We have a minimum 6 hour drive to get to a beach.

Bumble
Old 06-29-2020, 03:16 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Oh that’s so good that you got some downtime for yourself Bumble, so well deserved and overdue I reckon. I’m glad you got to relax a bit

No AV again today, hooray, but I won’t get complacent.
Yes I can walk to the beach from my house, it’s lovely. I’m very grateful to live in a beautiful place near the sea ❤️

I had a super busy Monday and am off to bed, falling asleep.... Night night
Old 07-07-2020, 03:15 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Well I’m back at 2 weeks sober after my last muck up. I’m determined to stay sober this time, I’m not letting the AV get a look in!
Old 07-07-2020, 05:06 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi guys!

Willow, your determination is inspiring. As always, I am cheering for you.

Life has been busy. Of course. I officially have an 8 year old daughter. Her birthday was last Wednesday. We have done a lot of celebrating. Pizza, cakes, cupcakes, presents, red hair dye (temporary.) She had a party yesterday at Sky Zone (it is a kids trampoline park.) It was all very nice.

We leave for the beach (Bethany Beach) on Sunday. Looking forward to getting away from reality for a week.

There is still a lot of uncertainty here with COVID. The girls will be going to school in person starting in the fall. However, they will be required to wear masks in school. We pretty much have to wear a mask everywhere in public right now. Which can be an inconvenience and tough for the kids... but I do understand it is necessary.

My husband is taking the girls swimming today. I am so looking forward to having a day to myself... plans to go running, grocery shopping and prep for our upcoming vacation.

Hope all is well with you guys.
Keep up the fantastic work Willow!

Bumble
Old 07-07-2020, 11:30 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Thanks Bumble
I’m glad your daughter had a lovely birthday

Wow, masks in schools for kids will be tough for them. This world is so different than when I was growing up.
Australia has been opening up, but a spike in cases has shut Victoria down again very quickly. Sadly it seems like a recurring theme the world over