Notices

One Year & Over Part 90

Old 01-19-2023, 01:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

One Year & Over Part 90

Last part:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...t-89-a-20.html (One Year & Over Part 89)

D
Old 01-19-2023, 01:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee!

Just echoing Mags and Sassy about being grateful to be here, and for everyone’s support….Sometimes I still can’t believe I’m in the Overs thread

I left Facebook a long time ago, but sometimes a friend will text an old picture when “memories” pop up or whatever…it’s usually a group photo and I always have a drink in my hand…it makes me miss hanging out with them, but not all the other baggage that went with it!
Old 01-19-2023, 05:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Thanks for the fresh tread, Dee!

I used to think that I had to get drunk just to function. Recovery has made me realize that I can get thru life's ups and downs without trying to escape. It's truly been a miracle for me and something that I will never take for granted.

Have a Thunderous Thursday, overs!
Old 01-19-2023, 08:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thx for the congrats everyone on 10 years.

Thx for the new thread Dee!

Great story FBL!

I’ve been focusing on SisK and working with her on her behaviors and we are starting to get progress!

about every other day we either write a sorry or thank you note, but she is now telling me right away when she has a bad day and we have many less melt downs, standoffs, etc.

I’m nodding off so off I go
Old 01-19-2023, 09:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

for the new thread.

SE, SisK seems ahead of her years. I can imagine things can get immense for her. I’m pleased she’s able to talk it out with you. You’re a good understanding mom.

Feeling much better this morning thankfully. What a difference a day or so makes…and the right prescribed meds.

Have a good day my friends xxxx

Old 01-20-2023, 02:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Many thanks, Dee, for all you do

Mags, happy to hear you are feeling better!

SE, you are an awesome mum. SisK and BB are lucky.

We had a snow last night - the kind that stays on tree branches a lot. To use a very trite phrase, it looks like a winter wonderland with snow piling upon the tree branches.

Have a Fabulous Friday, my friends
Old 01-20-2023, 02:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

I too am always thankful for sobriety and this group. I too remember being so excited to be an official "Over" after never going more than a couple days without a drink my whole life.

SE, Sis K is one incredible child as well as you being one incredible mother.

Have a good day all!
Old 01-20-2023, 07:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Friyay 😂🎉🎊🪄♥️🤓
Old 01-20-2023, 07:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yes, each morning, I still remember that I have a toxic relationship with alcohol. Dab nabbit. This time around, it seems so much longer with lingering thoughts, a crude reminder NEVER to fo back.

I wonder where I’d be now…….waking up to drink alcohol? Sneaking shots in the middle of the night? I wasn’t there yet when I quit, but sure I was bound that way.

Thank goodness I found the energy to quit again, it took me 25 months. Thank goodness I am actively recovering.

Like purps, can’t believe I’m in overs. Thank you all
Old 01-20-2023, 09:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

The last day that I drank I started the day with a shot of whisky. I am so glad to be free of the chains of alcohol addiction.
Old 01-20-2023, 01:47 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks guys
Old 01-20-2023, 11:13 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

It’s freezing here with white frost and ice but it doesn’t look like your winter wonderland Sassy.

Free2bme, I like ‘active recovery’ you mentioned. I feel if I didn’t come here every day and just did it alone I may get tempted.
My head doesn’t say so now but down the lonely non recovery road if I hit a big bump what would I do?
So SR for me is part of my recovery journey. I keep my recovery tools to hand.

dickensen, I remember when I drank in the mornings at weekends. What a mess I was.

I’m going to the market when it opens. I get bird food from there and a few other bits too. When I get my act together I’m going to try the market in the other direction. It’s supposed to be a pretty good one and it’s outdoors. Gotta feel for the stall holders on days like this.

Have a good day my friends, be safe xxxx
Old 01-20-2023, 11:48 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Morning overs

Haven't checked in for a while so just saying hi and hope everyone is doing good and has a great weekend.

Day 385 for me and although I feel great I too keep all my tools to hand. I love sobriety and all it brings but the AV can rear its ugly head at any time (although I must say its quite rare these days as I think its got fed up with being told rather swiftly and unpolitely get lost lol)
Old 01-21-2023, 12:13 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

I too am grateful I found SR at a time in my life I could have swung either way as my addiction strengthen its vice. I was able to loosen that grip and walk away from it with the help of this place and those of you I knew in my early days. Now my daily visits are reminders of the need for vigilance and inner strength. Thank you all for the friendship, comfort and support I always get here as well as the multitudinous vignettes of your lives
Old 01-21-2023, 01:36 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I have to stay close to SR too….weird how quickly we can get triggered….speaking of music, all too often I’ll hear a song and start to think of how I’d love to play it on the juke box at the pub….stupid av loves to sneak in any chance it gets!

Anyway, thanks again everyone for being here!
Old 01-21-2023, 03:43 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I am so incredibly grateful for all of you! It’s a joy to come here every day and realize I am sober. No matter how bad a day it is, that and all of you make it better. Knowing we are together on this journey helps so much. Thank you
Old 01-21-2023, 06:15 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Ever since I've joined my recovery groups, I've seen so many come and go, many of them relapse over and over and some disappear for good. I realize how rare and precious it is to achieve long term sobriety. Each and every one of us overs is a miracle in our own way. Thanks to all of you for the inspiration!

Have a Wonderful Weekend, overs!
Old 01-21-2023, 11:47 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

For many of us the miracle of sobriety is life itself. Alcohol abuse tears our bodies up as we descend on the slippery slope.
Old 01-22-2023, 02:29 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

FBL my late ex-husband was one who could sober up for weeks or months at a time, but also someone who could never visualise a life without alcohol in it at some point. It was like he and his friends considered having a drink as their reward for spates of sobriety. (And I can understand that having made bargains with myself in the past) but he could never consider a life truly sober. It was why he would never have given up drinking and always fell off the waggon regardless of what it could - and did- cost him, his marriage, his work , his health and finally at 57, his life.
If climbing out of an addiction was easy, it wouldn't be an addiction.
We have all here, found that extra something within ourselves to not only remove active addiction from our lives, but to find a way of living that can keep the door on it firmly shut as long as we keep an eye on the door regularly to make sure!
Old 01-22-2023, 02:40 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs!

I’m feeling more positive and even a bit energized this morning. I cut the dose of one of my heart meds in half because I was feeling like a zombie. It took 4-5 days and now I feel half-way human again It’s incredible how many meds the docs prescribe as we get older. I suspect it’s both because more goes wrong and also because once we get started on a medication the docs don’t think about stopping it so the numbers accumulate. Ah well ….

Have a good day to all!