Notices

Class of September 2022 Support Thread Part 2

Old 09-30-2022, 04:05 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

Well it's after midnight so day 2. I'm just after getting up, such is my sleeping pattern. Hopefully go back to sleep at some point but maybe not.

I wanted to go to a physical NA meeting but I was asleep by 7:30pm. Oh well, I got to a zoom meeting Thursday and I can get another one today.

Not much planned for the day aside from a meeting. I'll go for a walk later this morning, do some strength training and meditate.

My case officer for the welfare work scheme was meant to call me yesterday but didnt. I rang her, left a message but no reply yet. Hopefully get to talk to her next week, start getting my life back on track.
Old 09-30-2022, 05:13 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

FF you will get your life back on track. Please believe that. Believe in yourself.
Old 09-30-2022, 05:27 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Lixie-
I hope that you’re doing alright. I can imagine how shaken up you must be. I would be very upset. Once I was on a flight. And this man went sort of nuts and began yelling and pounding the seat in front of him. I still can remember it.

plan for tonight: clean master bathroom. I’m going to listen to a podcast while I do that. I did an intense upper body and abdominal class earlier. I will get in the floor and play with my dogs. I’ve been so depressed lately that I can’t even muster the energy to play with them. And yet I can run. I do things only for myself. I guess.

I bought some takeout Thai food. It was good.

I will stay sober tonight.

Old 09-30-2022, 06:16 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy birthday Samwitch

for all those struggling a little right now...stay on the sober road with us...it's the only real way forward to better days

D
Old 09-30-2022, 08:05 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Cleaned the bathroom. Now I’m sitting on the sofa with my dogs. It feels good to know that I will be sober tomorrow.
Night!!
Old 09-30-2022, 08:31 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Administrator

good night PL
D
Old 09-30-2022, 10:36 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on your graduation everyone

D
Old 10-01-2022, 05:35 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone!
First day of October--I love this month.
And I love waking up on a Saturday refreshed and with no hangover.
Today should be a good day, a roadtrip, lunch out w friends, and then back home to bake cookies. Then eat cookies-LOL.

Have a great day, all!
Old 10-01-2022, 05:59 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

October is my favorite month of the year too Sam!

I finally had a good sleep last night, though weird, vivid dreams. For some reason I woke up on the grumpy side of the bed but I’m sure the grumpiness will pass. Being a little grumpy on a Saturday morning sure beats waking up hungover.

I met with my new therapist yesterday. He has good experience with alcohol abuse issues and seems like he knows what he’s doing and talking about (he’s a recovering alcoholic himself). So we shall see how that goes.

Busy morning this morning. Multiple soccer games to attend. I am glad to be facing the day sober.

Happy Saturday all! Have a great day
Old 10-01-2022, 06:18 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Hey all, had the AV speak to me last night, but didn’t listen. Feel ok today and ready for whatever comes.

happy birthday Sam!

Old 10-01-2022, 06:23 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pekelover2 View Post
FF you will get your life back on track. Please believe that. Believe in yourself.
great advice. This is key for me. I have to remember to trust that things will be better when it doesn’t appear that way at the time.

Purpose over Pleasure
Old 10-01-2022, 06:38 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Gibby-short term discomfort, long term gain, right? That's what I'm telling myself.
Old 10-01-2022, 07:45 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Bass, Sam I too dig October. I get into the whole Halloween vibe. As a film buff, Halloween flicks have a special place in my heart. My love of horror movies is likely a result of my PTSD symptoms. Anywho Special effects makeup is an interesting art. And I just go bonkers over art.

Yes, waking up without a hangover 43 times is sweet even if I'm dragging my anchor this morning

S.L.I.P. stands for sobriety losing its priority." A relapse happens long before the first drink or drug use
Old 10-01-2022, 08:16 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samwitch View Post
Hi all-
Another drop in by me. All good, not worried about drinking but wanted to just "see" everyone.

Also, today is my birthday! I wasn't going to mention it--I didn't want anyone(or myself haha) to think I was going to drink to celebrate or anything BUT I am saying it because it occurred to me that I can spend the next whole year of my life sober! How cool is that, right? It's a nice jumping off point.

It was a good day--first in the gym, then taking the day for myself--cooked an early dinner and will have birthday dessert later.
Tomorrow I am going out w friends, but they aren't drinkers-I love that I found new friends who aren't drinkers--thank you to the Universe/God(des) for that.
Peace, all!
I am sorry that I missed your birthday, love. I hope you had a wonderful day! ❤️

Old 10-01-2022, 10:05 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Happy Belated birthday sanwich

great to see everyone hanging on in there.

day 14 almost done ✅
I’ve been quiet a few days as just keeping busy. The weather is awful in the Uk to so just enjoyed some family time at home. I made home made apple pie and roasted a duck ! A few thoughts of drinking today but managed to let them pass ! Starting to feel like I’m in a better place and I’ve had some of the best sleep I’ve had in ages the last few days!

I like autumn too but soon the fireworks will start and it’s not good for my little dogs they get so frightened!
Old 10-01-2022, 11:31 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

SamW

FDL I'm glad your sleep is improving.

Loving the motor-sport weekend IMSA, F1, NASCAR can't get enough + NFL (American Rugby), NCAA Football. That and pittling around the pad, SR, Hobby time, cleaning-up and that's my story, sticking to it. LOL

Keep smiling — it makes people wonder what you've been up to. ~Author unknown
Old 10-02-2022, 03:20 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Thank you all for your support. I went to the meeting, held my head high and met a principal that basically crumbled in front of me. She apologized over and over and I chose to forgive her then and there. I have learned over the years that holding a grudge is toxic to me, and I want to live for the future, not in the past. She gave me a hug and I invited her to come to my new cafe for a nice cup of coffee when I open.

I am proud of myself for not letting this go, but I am equally proud of myself for putting my own well being first. I admit that my first thought after leaving the meeting was to get something to drink, but I didn't, because I had to pick my daughter up from the airport. I did drink that night, but I'm on day 2 now, fully intending to have a sober october.

You guys are my heroes!
Old 10-02-2022, 06:48 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Lixie - glad your meeting went well! Sorry you drank later that evening but good work coming back and checking in.

Yesterday was a tough one for me. AV would not shut up but I ignored it, urge surfed, and made it through. Another lousy sleep last night. But I’m happy to check in with a clear, sober head this morning.

Day 7 for me. Time for some coffee and hopefully a more relaxing day

Happy Sunday all
Old 10-02-2022, 06:59 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Hey all-
Happy Sunday indeed.
Lixie-glad you are back and are on day 2.
Basset-good job on ignoring the AV.

All is well here, except for miserable weather, but I can't complain based on what happened in Florida.
Day 14 for me.
Old 10-02-2022, 07:15 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Good morning and night Ya'll

Hi Lixie well done facing fear and doing it anyway. What were your triggers to drink? You can resist the drink initially then the stress? gets to be too much? 😊Anywho day 2 will do😊 Keep pushing forward😊

F1 Singapore GP on the telly. Sober morning sure helps get stuff done, YEA. Working on: "don't get overloaded with projects, housekeeping, and self-help assignments". I can exclusively obsess over any one thing to my demise. Balance: going to work on that today. other than that, AV not being a problem😊, no major stiffness and pain, and my mood is fine, no goofy ADD explosions, thank you. ODAAT 44.

Resting an urge to drink can be overwhelming. Try:

"to play the tape through".
"is a tool we can use anytime and anywhere to avoid drinking, using, or acting out on any unwanted behavior. To play the tape, we begin by visualizing all the consequences of acting out. Because a fear-based recovery is not a joyful recovery, we follow this with a visualization of all the positive effects of not acting out, including a sense of self-agency and improved physical health. Listen along for a guided walk-through of this tool for urge coping."
-https://drmylessandovaldpt.com