SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of September 2022 Support Thread Part 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/460699-class-september-2022-support-thread-part-2-a.html)

Dee74 09-25-2022 04:02 AM

Class of September 2022 Support Thread Part 2

Last part here:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-1-a-20.html

D

Lixie 09-25-2022 04:46 AM

Shotgun!

Keep calm and stay sober.

samwitch 09-25-2022 06:03 AM

Good morning all-
Day 7 here.
Yesterday was a crazy busy day, my race went great overall as it was fun, and for a good cause in a cute town I don't get to very often.

It also made me realize how out of running shape I am, so I will work on fixing that, which will be possible since I am no longer drinking.
We also had a very fun picnic afterward--it was a beautiful day in SE PA. No alcohol at the picnic, but even if there was I wouldn't have been tempted. After the AV attacks on Friday, I've had no cravings but obviously will stay on guard.

Today is a party watching my beloved Philly Eagles--no temptation there either as I never did like drinking while watching football.

There is nothing better than a sober weekend.

Have a great sober one, all.

Outonthetiles 09-25-2022 09:19 AM

Good morning everybodies! Stay strong, hang in there Sobriety is a learned trait! You CAN have lasting sobriety.

Outonthetiles 09-25-2022 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by samwitch (Post 7856757)
Good morning all-
Day 7 here.
Yesterday was a crazy busy day, my race went great overall as it was fun, and for a good cause in a cute town I don't get to very often.

It also made me realize how out of running shape I am, so I will work on fixing that, which will be possible since I am no longer drinking.
We also had a very fun picnic afterward--it was a beautiful day in SE PA. No alcohol at the picnic, but even if there was I wouldn't have been tempted. After the AV attacks on Friday, I've had no cravings but obviously will stay on guard.

Today is a party watching my beloved Philly Eagles--no temptation there either as I never did like drinking while watching football.

There is nothing better than a sober weekend.

Have a great sober one, all.

What was the distance of the race? 5k? 10k? I have a 10k coming up in Oregon on October 6.

Pekelover2 09-25-2022 10:52 AM

RAL…good for you for making this commitment. I will join you.
Lixie…you’re getting so much accomplished! I’m sure that you must miss your partner. Start busy is a great way to stay sober. I think anyway.
Sam I’m so glad that your race went well!! Kudos to you. What was the distance? IKWYM about being out of shape. I ran with a friend yesterday.
She runs under 10min miles. We were only running three miles. I through for sure I’d be at 9:50. No way! I was at 10:30. My binge drinking is affecting my body in the long term. I need to get sober!!
PS I’m organically from SE PA too. Go Eagles!

Hi Out! How are you today!
Hello to Anna, Venus, Dee and all my SR buddies. It’s a beautiful day in the PNW.

I practiced a few of my soothing techniques. Mostly breathing and oddly enough humming!

It’s nice to wake up and not to worry about whom I’ve texted last night. Or running around looking for my glasses.

samwitch 09-25-2022 11:15 AM

For those who asked the race was a 5k.
Go Birds!

Pekelover2 09-25-2022 01:27 PM

Very sad today. Just petting my little dog to cheer me up. Taking deep, cleansing breaths. Trying to watch football.
It’s very hot today. I will run when it cools down.

venuscat 09-25-2022 01:30 PM

Have you been hydrating, love? :hug: s
And maybe eat something, if you haven't, before you go running. :hug: s xx

Pekelover2 09-25-2022 03:13 PM

Thank you, Venus! I just ate some peanut butter toast. I appreciate your checking in with me.

GibbyFenda 09-25-2022 03:39 PM

Hey all, happy Sober Sunday. Just wanted to check in and say I'm doing ok. I'll catch up on here when I can. Keep up the good work.

Pekelover2 09-25-2022 03:59 PM

Hi Gibby! Glad that you’re doing well…

I can find my air pods…but I’ll do a quick run with anyway. So depressed.

Zencat 09-25-2022 04:00 PM

Hello all. Make it a wonderful day!

:c011: Dee, Anna, Venus Thank for all your voluntary service here at SR
MissQ Keep putting those sober days together I'm rooting for you, Great commitment Ral.
Lixie
bussy and excited for your loved ones return to you. You got it going good. Peke I watched the newest release of the Batman series "The Batman" on HBO. Liked it, I'm big time fan of anything that Marvel and DC put out there on the silver screen. Years of therapeutic practices has relieved me of my worst PTSD symptoms. Bug, Sam, GF, Outon, Strawberry hope all is well. And to anybody I missed: Keep on truckin down the sober trail.

NASCAR, NFL so far with putting around the casa, playing with Mr Fuzzy. Taking low dose 25 milligram trazodone 3 times during the day. Being active relieve some of the side-effects. Staying out of slippery places in my mind by reading world news, science reports NASA, some political junk, YT instructional videos about my hobbies, poke about here at SR and carrying on in a way that would becoming of an addict in recovery or thereabouts, ballpark, on the same map regional classification.

Greatful ODAAT 31

Anna 09-25-2022 04:43 PM

Hi Zen, I hope you're having a good day. I doing well, and in spite of some awesome thunderstorms, I got in a couple of long walks.

Pekelover2 09-25-2022 05:54 PM

Hi Zen! I’m glad that you liked that series! HBO has had some great content lately. I think it was on HBO that we watched Facing Nolan (about Ryan Nolan). I don’t know anything about baseball. But I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Lixie, did you get all of the furniture assembled? I hope that you’re having a nice night.

Anna, I sure miss thunderstorms. ( ut I’m sure they get old fast). We don’t get them here. I’m glad that you got some nice walk in!

I ran. Nothing crazy. The drinking is catching up with me. I can’t run like I used to run. I think I’m on day eight or nine. I’m still feeling the consequences. Eating some ramen soup! and watching the 49ers game.

Sam, the Eagles crushed it!! Unfortunately the Hawks lost…!

I hope you’re doing well, Venus.

Dee74 09-25-2022 06:09 PM

This is not the best things will get PL - trust the process...you'll be OK :)
D

RAL 09-25-2022 11:23 PM

Morning all
Glad everyone got through the weekend despite difficulties.
Storms here overnight and still pretty wild out there.
Still can't shake this chest thingy. Think it's getting better then feel worse the next day.I don't want more antibiotics so trust it will go soon.

Least not drinking helps. Just made me realise how much I've abused my body in my 20s and 30s and in 40s it's really telling me not to do it anymore. We just can't keep doing the same things and not expecting payback. anyway onto a healthier time in my 50s.

Hope everyone has a good day x

Misstqueent 09-26-2022 12:35 AM

Morning all day 5 here. Have a good sober day.

Erratic 09-26-2022 01:22 AM

morning x
on day 2 and its cold an raining here. hub is on holidays this week, so havent got much plans. daughter is coming up with granksons end of next month so thats something to look forward to and also got a band to see then also. going to see deep purple live for first time, its going to be great x
hope everyone has a good day xx and thanks for everyones replies the other day and venuscat love to you also xxx

samwitch 09-26-2022 03:35 AM

Hey everyone!
Day 8 for me. Off to the gym in a bit for a morning session, but wanted to check in here. Weird--yesterday the AV tried to convince me to drink "sometime in the future" because "I can handle it" --yeah, right. It's crazy at times, but I rejected that idea and played the tape through of how I felt last week when I was still drinking--the racing heart, anxiety, and utter feeling of despondency at 3 AM. And the horrible feeling the next day.

So glad that is done.

Have a great day everyone!