Notices

Class of May 2020 part 18

Old 04-07-2022, 04:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of May 2020 part 18

Last part here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...t-17-a-20.html (Class of May 2020 part 17)

D
Old 04-07-2022, 06:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Free.

Thanks Dee!

Old 04-09-2022, 10:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee.
100 days sober today
Old 04-09-2022, 10:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats Willow!
Old 04-10-2022, 12:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee
Old 04-10-2022, 06:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Free.

Congrats on 100 days Willow!

Old 04-10-2022, 06:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats dear Willow! s
Old 04-10-2022, 01:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks guys

How’re things going WL? Hope? Nmd? Haven’t heard from you in a while, so wondering how you all are?

I haven’t been posting as much lately as I’ve been so busy! I’ve been exercising in the morning before work and going to a yoga class at least once a week to keep me focussed. Plus there’s always so much to do.

I don’t know how I had time to drink lol, life is far too busy to drink
Old 04-10-2022, 09:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm around! If I could afford to drink, I would be drunk probably to be honest. Pondering my future now that the pandemic is essentially over and now Covid19 is endemic. No mask restrictions at all besides hospitals. A lot of jobs I was looking at are remote. I've spent the 5 years in this ******** apartment. Last I want is to work here. It's a prison cell for me. I've got nowhere else to go or else I would have been gone a long time ago. Can't see myself staying sober as long as I live here. Dad is too weak to drive 90 minutes and sign a new lease somewhere.

I can't sign a lease for anything. Poor credit. No income etc. Would need to make $75,000 salary to afford to live in Toronto. That is not happening
Old 04-10-2022, 09:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

When I was starting to rebuild my life I did volunteering.
It got me out of the house and working with people again.

A lot of us have issues to deal with, be they mental or physical.
I don't believe you're unemployable or capable only of sitting at home WL - you're a smart guy and you'll figure it out

D
Old 04-11-2022, 05:46 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Free.

Enjoying a coffee and relax this morning. Not in a great hurry to start my work day.

I have a dull headache and sore tummy most mornings. The headache might be from the dryness of my house. We often run a humidifier in the bedroom. Forced air heat is so dry.
Sore guts are likely from my horrible diet. I’m a terrible snacker from 6 p.m. til bed time.

Enjoying sober living. Life is much simpler this way.
I rebuilt (actually built) a camper door yesterday. I’m very happy that it turned out good. I wasn’t sure I’d pull it off.
I’ll probably post a pic once it is totally complete and installed.

Have a good day folks!

Old 04-11-2022, 06:00 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Cool: I want to see the door please!! s

WL ~ it's hard for me to not say what I want to say to you, because I care about you. But I respect your wishes to not have solutions thrown at you.
So I will just say that I believe there is a way for you to have a life again. And I want that for you. s
Old 04-11-2022, 01:31 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

WL I remember you were talking about travelling, is that still an option?
I haven’t really been able to go travelling anywhere the last couple of years because of the pandemic, but I’m always daydreaming of places I’d like to visit. Or move to. Or just live in a caravan and become a nomad
Pipe dreams probably, but it keeps me amused

TC, I’m learning to not snack uncontrollably in the evenings, but it’s hard! I’m always so hungry. Constantly, despite eating plenty. I do know I sleep better if I can stay away from food at night, but it’s a real battle. I used to drink in the evenings and now I crave food to replace it. To be honest, I still crave alcohol and I use food to try and reduce the urge to drink.

Yesterday after work I just wanted to get drunk. I didn’t do it, but I wanted to. I had a really busy, intense day at work then had to go grocery shopping on the way home. I started crying on my drive home. No real reason. Just feeling down. Exhausted. Wondering what’s it all about anyway. A constant uphill slog. Missing my Mum. Wanting a drink.

But I didn’t drink. Got home, put away the groceries. Fed the animals. Made dinner. Collapsed in a heap on the couch. Had a shower and went to bed. The house needs a good clean and the washing is never ending, as is watering the garden. I’m constantly exhausted. I just can’t seem to keep on top of things at the moment. I don’t know what the solution is though. Maybe get a house cleaner… but that’s expensive. I don’t know, just feeling a bit overwhelmed by life at the moment. It will pass I’m sure…..

hugs to everyone xxx
Old 04-11-2022, 01:42 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

I’m sorry things are tough right now, Willow.
Maybe some others in your house can pick up the slack and help tidy up more?

sounds to me like a little you time could be helpful?

D

Old 04-11-2022, 01:48 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

WL

I must have missed or more likely forgotten you didn’t want solutions thrown at you so I’ll just get in one final lot of suggestions, lol.

Adult ADHD can be treated….and lives can be rebuilt even with long gaps due to alcoholism etc. you may have to start at bottom but I’m pretty confident you won’t have to stay there too long

It just concerns me when anyone says they’re pretty sure they’ll drink again.

That doesn’t need to be a self fulfilling prophecy.

Like I say, you’re a smart guy…use that get out of where you are, not cement yourself in.

we now return you to regular programming

D

Old 04-11-2022, 01:59 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Some me time would be blissful Dee Time out to do absolutely nothing for a while….
I’m trying to go to a yoga class or other exercise class once or twice a week and that’s really good for me, but there’s just not enough hours in the day to do it all.

And yes, some help around the house wouldn’t go astray at all. It’s an ongoing issue… Equality doesn’t feel very equal around here.
I’d actually be more than happy to do all the grocery shopping and housework and washing and cooking and cleaning and gardening all the time.
If I didn’t also work full time as well.
But I shouldn’t go there just now or I’ll get myself worked up about it
And I have to get ready to go to work….

But just being able to spill my feelings out here helps release the pressure valve a bit.
So thank you

See you all later
Old 04-11-2022, 02:01 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Love you Dee. ❤️

Willow ~ honey, I am not sure if we have talked about this (as in you and I) and I know this is personal stuff, but I have a thought: hormones?
I know that both my best friend and I both went through every single thing you are going through due to menopause. And now I have another close friend going through this.
As I said, just a thought.

And NOW, we can return to our regular programming and forget the momentary lapse into girl talk.
Old 04-11-2022, 02:08 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I very recently read some hysterical pieces about imbalance in the household Willow. There was also a funny conversation on The Conners, (used to be the Roseanne show before they sacked her). I still have it because I sent it to my sister (she did not appreciate it ).

Chuck: You know how it is when you've been married a long time and you split the responsibilities. She cooked the meals, paid the bills, and cleaned the house and raised our son, and I changed the oil in the cars and went to work.

Dan: If I remember correctly, she went to work, too. It's amazing more women don't murder their husbands.

Old 04-11-2022, 02:45 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I very recently read some hysterical pieces about imbalance in the household Willow. There was also a funny conversation on The Conners, (used to be the Roseanne show before they sacked her). I still have it because I sent it to my sister (she did not appreciate it ).

Chuck: You know how it is when you've been married a long time and you split the responsibilities. She cooked the meals, paid the bills, and cleaned the house and raised our son, and I changed the oil in the cars and went to work.

Dan: If I remember correctly, she went to work, too. It's amazing more women don't murder their husbands.

Yes! Thanks, this cracked me up

(And yes too re the big “H” and “M” hehehe )
Old 04-11-2022, 10:37 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Free.

Wow. This place is hoppin’ today.
So many posts.

Glad to see that life is doing what it does. We’d be bored otherwise, right?

Nothing on my work schedule tomorrow. I think I’ll start getting my course info online. I haven’t got any students for the next nine weeks (unless something changes). I suspect I’ll need more than nine weeks to get four levels of instructional assignments compiled into an online format.
It’ll keep me busy, I’m sure.

G’night all.