Notices

Class of September 2022 Support Thread Part 1

Old 09-04-2022, 04:49 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Rutgers beat BC 22-21 great game.

Em that is a lot to drink. Hang in there and give it time. Been through this a stupid amount of times and it’s a not a straight line. There will be rough spots, it takes time to repair the damage. If we fall off the wagon we go right back to where we were, most progress it lost very quickly.

This time to do something different I’m going to the gym everyday and it’s helping a ton. If no gym a long walk. Or both. Try to stay active if you can. Even if it’s just stretching exercises. Plus healthy diet.

Made it through day 7 no problems. Back itches and a little arthritis. Otherwise good, things are better without the beer. I won’t drink today guaranteed.

Have a good Sunday.
Old 09-04-2022, 08:12 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Old 09-04-2022, 08:27 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Hey everyone. I'm back on Day 2, yup I failed miserably last week and drank for 5 days. UGH!! So not worth it.
I'm ashamed I keep doing this--get a bunch of days AF and feel great and then...
So...I have to add some tools. What happened you ask? I went to a friends birthday party and they put a glass in front of me and I just caved. I didn't want to have fight the social norm(they are big drinkers but I honestly thought I'd be okay--so stupid) so I just drank it.

Stupid, stupid, stupid because that lead to the 4 days following. Well, I am back and I'm not giving up. What a joke alcohol is--it does nothing for us.

Next time I will be armed with a plan ahead of time. And I think I will stay away from these folks for awhile-I love them but the drinking is hard to resist(though I have in the past) so best not to engage right now.
Old 09-04-2022, 10:02 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Yes, Sam, love. We need a plan. I am sure your friends will be on board helping you if you let them know you are doing this.
You can still go to the parties armed with cranberry and mineral water. That way you get a colorful, beautiful-tasting drink that has no ill effects. ❤️

Old 09-04-2022, 03:48 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
kes

Hi Guys
I'm Kes from England, 51 years old, and 83 days dry.

Hope I'm okay joining this group?

I am so amazed I've gotten this far, I'm still a "struggler" as my life was 100% alcohol. It is getting a bit easier with the help of SR and AA meetings. and I've moved on from taking an hour at a time to mornings, afternoons and evenongs.

I don't have another recovery in me, so I know I'm sat in last chance saloon. This is actually my first go at recovery as I've been drunk fot the last 26 years, the last 3 of which I can't remember much.

Would be nice to walk the journey with you guys, if you don't mind an old timer tagging along?!

Bw,

K
Old 09-04-2022, 03:51 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

So lovely to meet you, kes. s
And so very glad that you joined the group. ❤️
Old 09-04-2022, 06:02 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Hi Kes! Nice to hav e you here. What an impressive amount of time sober! I’m thrilled for you.

Sam: we all know how it is. Get right back in the horse.

Got a late start today! Got a fair amount done. Texted a few good friends today.
It’s definitely feeling like fall here in the PNW.
Making a fall salmon recipe for my husband.

Lip is looking a little less horrific today.
Old 09-04-2022, 06:07 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Em, I’m just sending you a big hug. I read your post. Being in chronic pain is awful…
I can understand why it perpetuates your drinking. I have some injuries (including a broken jaw) from when I was hit by a small truck when I was cycling at Christmas. I don’t have any pain. But the trepidation that I felt when I thought that I might have long term pain was harrowing.
I have some mental anguish and that’s why I drink. But I can change that mindset. I know it’s very difficult for you. You want to do so much and it must be very frustrating. Please know that I’m thinking of you. We can help you through this.
Old 09-04-2022, 06:08 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Yay on day seven, Travelbug! Woo-hoo! 💕
Old 09-04-2022, 06:54 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Made it thru day 7 SOBER! Yay. I hope that my sleep pattern improves. Running on about 5 hrs per night isn't cutting it.
Old 09-04-2022, 07:48 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Yay Travelbug!!
I hope that your sleep improves too. I have had a few years fo sobriety (several one year stints and one 2.5 year stretch). And *everything* improved!!
Old 09-05-2022, 01:10 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning x
Im the same as u sam i am back to day 1 though.i have armed myself and organised my medications and im going back onto campral just to give me added back up.I hear everyone saying about plans and i started at the weekend getting myself sorted in doing this. me and hub have made a meal plan and bought all the bits we need that stops us from going to the shop after his work and it makes me start to cook again. started yesterday with beef olives and today im doing a chicken ceasar kebab. I have my SMART work book at hand also, just have to keep little bz and also some rest as i know that i will be tired for a number of days while my body adjust to not pouring poison down my throat.
I am still not able to smell or taste that will be near 3months in couple of weeks, but im trying not to feel frustrated and snappy about it and just let it go. I have plans on buying smell testing gear which is suppose to help a little in gaining back some smell and taste if done properly.i also joined a group on long covid and lost sense of taste and smell.
I guess i will leave it there, i havent written a long post in long time in whats going on with me, im just trying to engage more again instead of being silent.
hope you all have good day and great job on everyones sober times xx
Old 09-05-2022, 01:22 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Administrator

I’m glad you made it back here as well Erratic

D
Old 09-05-2022, 01:37 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

thanks dee xx just have to push myself to post x
Old 09-05-2022, 02:40 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
kes

Hi Erratic,

Sorry to hear about your taste and smell, I have a great recipe for chicken vindaloo, you will defo taste that as it's a scorcher!

Have you thought about taking thiamine? i'm prescribed it and was given it in detox. Apparently, alcohol strips your body of all vitamin B's and their compounds. This should give you more energy.

Have a great day!!
Old 09-05-2022, 03:24 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Administrator

It’s ok to share what’s worked for us but we need to step back from outright recommending things for others please
What worked for you or someone else may not be suitable for anyone else.

I always advise folks to see their doctor first about anything they might try as sometimes even over the counter things like vitamins may not be compatible with certain health conditions or other medications.

D
Old 09-05-2022, 03:35 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
kes

True Dee, although,thiamine is indeed available at any Boots store and it does have informatio with it on who should avoid taking it. Also a quick google search will help. Whean I spoke with my doc that's what he recommended I do Re: my diet and suppliments.

I'm not advising anyone to take it. This was nothing more than a helpful suggestion.

Bw
Old 09-05-2022, 04:12 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
kes

H Guys,

Just for the record, thiamine really helped me and my energy levels, that's my experience of taking it. Ask your doc if you're interested or pharmacist.

Bw,

Kes
Old 09-05-2022, 05:07 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

I'm in a bad pattern.

Drink 8am monday to work up the courage to collect dole. Be sober for the rest of the week.

1pm Monday and I'm sober. Idon't want more of the same next Monday.

My plan for the week is to expose myself more to the world. Gently leave my comfort zone. So next week I can be confident I can handle whatever.
Old 09-05-2022, 05:38 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

thanks kes, i actually have been given thiamine and still got some. on your vindaloo lol hub was feeding me on a week of scotch bonnets and didnt make a dent lol. thanks again though. x
glad you made it back FF

havent done much this morning, but im keeping positive and know what im making for dinner so that keep me out of trouble.

catch u all later x