Notices

Class of June 2022 Support Thread Part 2

Old 07-08-2022, 06:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of June 2022 Support Thread Part 2

Last part here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-one-20.html (Class of June 2022 Support Thread Part One)

D
Old 07-08-2022, 09:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee! Part 2, Woo Hoo!!
Old 07-08-2022, 10:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi friends,
Thanks, Stubbs, for your kind words. Thanks also, and to all of you for acknowledging 30 days.
Worried, I hope your tiredness lets up soon. I struggle with this a lot too, but I've done myself no favours over the years, abusing my body with alcohol.
Samwitch, do you have a particular routine that you like at the gym? Do you change things up? I've lost so much muscle mass from just basically sitting on my behind for far too long, especially over the last two years and getting older doesn't help. It will take time to get some strength back. I have to challenge that voice in my head that says "it's too late", similar, I suppose, to addressing the addictive voice. I don't know about you all, but sometimes it's pretty exhausting.
To all the gardeners, I apologize for my pal's cousins wreaking havoc on your vegetables!
Old 07-08-2022, 10:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Apology accepted love, but perhaps you could have a chat to your pal and ask him to have a word with his cousins....

Sending you more love dear Sam and Leshar. s
Old 07-08-2022, 11:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee!
Hi everyone , I hope everyone is doing well. Leshar, It will take time but you will get that strength and stamina back. Just keep at it, and it is never too late.
My garden is doing well with just a few visitors, so nothing too bad.
Gosh I am kind of sleepy. Should try to take a nap.
Old 07-09-2022, 03:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for the new thread Dee! Hello class. I made it through my workday last night but it was difficult. Still not feeling good at all. Come Monday if I'm not much improved perhaps a doc call/ visit is in order. The only positive is that being sick has kept the dreadful AV at bay. Closing in on a week 2mrrw. Baby steps.

This year has been a doozy. Not only because of my hubs illness but will share just a few things that have gone bad. Roof leaking, son had to borrow money for a water heater, I lost my 2000 wedding ring at work. Actually I had just had it put on a new setting and resized . Not insured either but money can't replace sentimental things anyway. Bad tire on suv.I was transferred from my old department at work to another one. The list rolls on but won't bore you all with that. Maybe this belongs in whiners forums

Not looking nice weather wise today. Rainy and dreary. Might get the dogs out for a walk later. Just plan on resting and getting better today.

Hope my classmates are doing great and wishing all a great today.
Old 07-09-2022, 04:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Venus sending 💓 bac at u!

The hubs is still being cool but he will come around. BTW, are you still living in Ohio? If so ,we are neighbors somewhat.
Old 07-09-2022, 04:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hello class
Sometimes it's good to whine Stubbs. Sorry you've had an awful year, hopefully your wedding ring will turn up? Your grandchildren are a good bit older than mine. Mine are a boy of just gone 4 and a girl of 8. My granddaughter loves football and she loves someone to play it with her. I've given up on trying to tackle her - she learns her techniques on youtube - so we play where she is in goal and my grandson and I try to score. She likes being in goal and has a couple of football (soccer) outfits, the shoes and the goalie gloves.
I get lower back pain (my turn to whine) which is variable but tends to get worse when I'm tired at the end of the day. Its only bad when I stand up and walk about so it's a relief to sit down. It's a nuisance as I can't enjoy playing so much and it's a nuisance if it gets bad while I'm shopping.
Fortunately a friend from school came to play so I could stand aside and watch my grandson on the little slide and seesaw.
The weather was gorgeous, warm and sunny and we had the field to ourselves
[img]20220707_184827jpg[/img]

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
20220707_184827.jpg (9.0 KB, 172 views)
Old 07-09-2022, 04:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

My grandson took ages getting to sleep so I stayed with my granddaughter while she played Zelda on the Switch and my son sat with my grandson. She gave me a running commentary lol. I left the house at 20 to 10 and it was still a lovely evening as the sun set. The light was warm and peachy and I got home at 10 which is a bit later than usual. The sky was beautiful and there was still quite a lot of light.

So yes, I had a good day
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
20220707_215721.jpg (6.1 KB, 159 views)
Old 07-09-2022, 04:34 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

On the morning of that day it turned out that we'd missed the bin men. We didn't get our bin out in time. This caused Mr Worried to flip into a bad mood. He said we'd have to go to the dump (which is 20mins away) and since most of the rubbish was already in the bin and there were only 3 bags to put in the car, it seemed a daft idea this early before the next collection so I said I'd rather not. (I was babysitting later so conserving energy) This caused him to direct his anger more at me (as usual) so I walked away and decided not to react or let it get me down as it usually does. Anyway he went off upstairs and I didn't see him again until the late evening when I got back and he'd cooled off by then.
Just another very good reason to stay sober, I get upset if he's angry and he knows he can take it out on me because I'm a bad person, ie a drinker and I'm constantly guilty. If I can walk away and not react he knows he can't get to me and backs down Yeah, relationships are difficult, I mean he can be very nice... and so can I lol
Old 07-09-2022, 04:51 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Oh Worried you did get a beautiful day. Yay! My only grandson loves football too. He's never been on a real team but he broke his arm 3x in the same place. Eventually had to get a pin in it. Ouch. I miss the days when they were younger. It's so much fun. Now all they do is internet and such. Or want to do expensive activities. Enjoy these times while you can! Thanks for posting the pics. I don't know how to do that yet. 😕

I hear you on the hub situation. My hubs always makes me try to feel bad too about my drinking. He has no right because he has his own bad habits he won't correct. Not going there today.

Sorry you are sore and in pain. I continually struggle with many health issues . No fun.Hope you have a great day friend.
Old 07-09-2022, 05:07 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Worried I did lose my ring at work. 😔 nobody turned it in and it was during a time when they were moving stuff around. It was so beautiful a marquis cut stone. Had been with me all these years. My only good piece of jewelry too. Mr Stubbs said he would get me another but it's just not the same. I'm not a materialist person at all but that crushed me. It's almost like an omen that it's the end for us, our marriage, our lives. I feel somebody found it and kept it. That was an expensive / emotional workday for me let me tell you. Im still upset about it!
Old 07-09-2022, 05:25 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Stubbs and Worried, yeah, Mr. Alpine does the same and will play that card regarding when I was drinking. I have chosen not to engage because it will only make things worse.
Stubbs, Yikes!! That is a lot, and I am with you on not being materialistic. We are not either. That has to be so heartbreaking. Sorry also that Mr. Stubbs is being cold, do you think it is beacuse he is trying to process everything? Doesn't he have a big appointment coming up next week? I know when Mr. Alpine has a lot going on he becomes distant. Hey if you are in or near Ohio we may be neighbors too.
Old 07-09-2022, 06:05 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Yes Alpine hubs does have alot going on. But he's always hated my drinking and uses it against me anytime he can. I know he's got alot on his mind. His next big test is this coming Thursday. Thats when we will find out if its come back or not. Dreading this week. Trying to stay positive.

And yes I'm in southwest Ohio.Born and raised here. I hate it here. I lived in Florida years ago briefly, that's where I met Mr. Stubbs. He's from there. Actually he hails from Arkansas, California and Florida. Navy brat. Our retirement dream was to buy a few acres maybe out in Indiana or Kentucky. Small ranch perhaps. Out in the sticks, woods. Now that might never come to pass. Especially with his illness , the Financials and the economy. Here I go whining again. 😞 sorry

Where are you located? Only if you want to share of course. Anonymity respected always.
Old 07-09-2022, 06:10 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Stubbs, I sent you a PM
Old 07-09-2022, 08:27 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stubbs16 View Post
Venus sending 💓 bac at u!

The hubs is still being cool but he will come around. BTW, are you still living in Ohio? If so ,we are neighbors somewhat.
Yes, Columbus. s xx
Old 07-09-2022, 08:32 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Gosh I am sorry about your ring Stubbs. That sucks big time. s

And Worried, what was your husband thinking re putting the rubbish in the car?
MAGNIFICENT sunset photo....

Old 07-09-2022, 09:40 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hello friends,
Alpine, thanks for the encouragement about the gym and fitness. I can hardly move today after a tough workout yesterday. I've hired a trainer for a number of sessions, and honestly, I think she pushed me too hard yesterday. But maybe this is what is needed to get on the path towards better health? I've been youtubing a lady called Joan MacDonald, who, in her 70s, with a number of health problems, completely turned her life around with the help of her daughter, who is a body builder. She is now amazingly strong and fit!

Stubbs, I am so sorry you are dealing with so much. It must be heart breaking to lose your precious wedding ring. I'm sorry too, and you too, Worried, about the issues at present with your husbands. I never tried to address my alcohol abuse when my husband was alive. I hid a lot of my drinking from him and he never did find out. He was worried that I drank too much though, and it did cause arguments between us. He made wine as a hobby, and tried to keep us to a small amount with dinner during the week, but I always wanted more. Sometimes, when we ate out, I'd order more alcohol, eg, a boozy coffee, after we'd shared a bottle of wine, and he, rightly, would get upset and I would get belligerent and defensive.
When he was dying, he told me he was worried that I'd become an alcoholic. There were about 600 bottles of wine in the basement, and he told me he was worried that I'd just drink, and "pull the covers" over my head once he was gone. I gave away all but 100 bottles of wine which I kept. He was right to be worried. I just drank through those bottles, sometimes 2 a night, and pretty much gave up. Things really spiralled out of control after his death. I can't believe I've dishonoured him and his love and concern for me over all these years. It makes me feel terribly sad. I've behaved abysmally and I'm very ashamed. I had a dream about him last night and he was drinking wine with dinner at a friend's place and I asked for water. I applaud all of you who have spouses who drink alcohol. It must be very difficult to work on sobriety and recovery when a spouse still drinks, whether responsibly or not.
Love to all.
Old 07-09-2022, 09:48 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

Stubbs, I'm sorry you lost your ring at work. It's hard to accept that someone would find it and keep it. And, it must be a stressful time for both of you due to MrStubbs health issues.

Worried and Stubbs, it always makes me so sad when someone is picked on by their partner while they're trying to get and stay sober. I get it, I know we hurt those closest to us a lot and I know we need to allow our partner to heal, too. Hopefully that behaviour will change before too long. Just stay focused and sober.
Old 07-09-2022, 02:18 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hey everyone. 👋 Stopping by for a bit this evening. Spent most of today in bed streaming stuff. I've got the vaporizer going and vicks jar out. Dozed for awhile on and off. Not feeling better at all and getting concerned. I have to be in tip top shape next week for Mr. Stubbs.

Alpine I'm going to check out the pm in a min. Thanks!

Oh Leshar that sounds like a heart breaking time you went through after your husband passed. 💔
You did what you did to get through it and the past belongs there. This is positive reinforcement for me though, if something happens to Mr. Stubbs. I don't want to go down that path. But look how far you have come and how much you have grown. ❤️ sending love and hugs.

Anna ,it is difficult to get and stay sober when your most important OTHER doesn't support you/ points out your failures and addiction. Many times I caved and Mr. Stubbs said you are so predictable. We both have hurt each other in many ways. We have made our peace today and things are better. Grateful. We don't have time for petty stuff anymore.

Going to rummage around for some dinner now. It's nice to be home in the evening. And I have absolutely no desire for that poison today. Win winning all around! Just wish I felt better.

Have a great evening/ day or whatever time it is in your corner.

Venus, we are still neighbors. At least you are up by Lake Erie. I've been wanting to go there to Kelly's Island. Maybe when hubs gets better. We have plans to do a little traveling.

Later friends