Notices

Class of September 2022 Support Thread Part 1

Old 09-05-2022, 05:40 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Top of the morning to you all. Another Sober Monday for me! I got 6 hours of sleep, Feel better today than I did yesterday morning. The sleep habits will get better. No big plans today until 4:pm and we are going to a near by lake where several of our friends are camping for a cookout. Most of them do not drink like I was.....They will have 1 or 2. I will not be drinking. I have fresh brewed iced tea or sparkling water. I may try to hit the gym today. I need to start that healthy habit. The cravings were minimal yesterday. Cravings are funny, They can hit anytime or anywhere for no reason.....Stay strong my friends, have a great day. It is a holiday here in the US.
Old 09-05-2022, 06:04 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
kes

Hi TB,

Sometimes no plans for the day is the best plan!! Just let it unfold and enjoy.

BTW, I love my scotch bonnets in a homenade chilli, Hotter that the sun's surface lol. i get a buzz out of seriously hot food. Have you tried the Carolina Reaperr pepper? It's name says it all! IIt's what the feds make their pepper spray out of lol

Have a great day!
Old 09-05-2022, 01:14 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to the thread FF

D
Old 09-05-2022, 01:16 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

I like hot food too. Especially sober because you can taste food more I think. Anyhoo love some Sriracha as a quick go to for most everything. Also try Korean food if you like spicy. They make some hot soup.

My gym closed at 1, found out when I got there at 1:30 bummer. That has been helping me stay focused. End of day 9.
Old 09-05-2022, 01:33 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

I has been a good day. Worked out for 90 minutes, went to see new g-baby. Oh my! She is so sweet. 19 days old. Going to a cook out at a near by lake with friends. None of them are big drinkers. I will be sober. I am the DD as hubby will have a beer or two. I am feel extremely good. Lovin' my sober life. It is interesting how food tastes better, the grass is greener, the sky is bluer...
Old 09-05-2022, 01:34 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Khorhey View Post
I like hot food too. Especially sober because you can taste food more I think. Anyhoo love some Sriracha as a quick go to for most everything. Also try Korean food if you like spicy. They make some hot soup.

My gym closed at 1, found out when I got there at 1:30 bummer. That has been helping me stay focused. End of day 9.

What part of North Carolina are you from. I have family near Charlotte. Went sent a week in Rodanthe the first of July.
Old 09-05-2022, 01:38 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
RAL

Congrats on your new g baby travelbug 🐣
Old 09-05-2022, 05:11 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Erratic…I’m sorry for what you’re going through. I can’t even imagine not being able to taste or to smell. Please try to stay positive. What are you making for dinner tonight.

Welcome back FF.

Nice day today. Went for a dog walk with a friend. Feeling less like I loathe myself. husband is off tonight. He’s got hours of charts. I’m planning on making him a great dinner and organizing some kitchen drawers.

I still can’t workout out (no cardio) but I did 20 minute of abs and back. It’s going to hurt tomorrow.
My lip is still pretty wonky.
Its so pretty outside. Yesterday we had a double rainbow. (With no rain). I wanted to cry. It was so pretty.
Sometimes I loathe my life. One day maybe I won’t.
Old 09-05-2022, 05:59 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by travelbug View Post
What part of North Carolina are you from. I have family near Charlotte. Went sent a week in Rodanthe the first of July.
Mt Olive south of Goldsboro. Home of Mt. Olive pickles.
Old 09-05-2022, 09:44 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Good to see you all. End of Day 296 for me. Good night from Seattle! Stay strong all.
Old 09-06-2022, 12:01 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
RAL

Morning all
I should have 18 days sober today but do not. So embarrassed and annoyed at myself. I haven;t said anything for that reason and just wanted to keep going. But it is eating me up and I must be honest. Not that I've lied about my days, just omitted mentioning them. When I arrived at my destination on Thursday I went to my favourite restaurant and they asked if I wanted prosecco(DOC) No sleep night before, long journey, sunshine, relax and oh go on then. 1 drink led to more. So annoyed with myself. didn't have anymore the rest of the weekend and now on day 5.

Just so easy to say yes in that split second without really thinking about it. Just shows how dangerous it is to be in situations where there is easy access to alcohol - for me anyway. Others may be ok being around it but I am not - at least not at this early stage. I didn't even enjoy it and annoyed at throwing days away.

Anyway, on we go.x
Old 09-06-2022, 12:05 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah I really had to work hard to voice a no before that addiction muscle memory kicked in.
No, no matter what.

If I can do it you can too RAL

D
Old 09-06-2022, 12:11 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Good morning. Day 1. Feeling pretty content for whatever reason. I won't question why, just enjoy it. Luckily I'm coming off a minor blip, not a bender.
Old 09-06-2022, 12:37 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning x
whats on for dinner tonight is mac and cheese and chilli tomo.yeah ive seen carolina reapers at my local store but havent tried em. I may try them but havent seen them for a while in store hense why scotch bonnets lol.
good going RAL on day 5 x
great job on everyone else on there sober time and hey good to see u calm, your doing a grand job on your time and not long till you have a year under ur belt x
Not sure what im doing today, guess need to hoover and get myself a shower.also need to do cat box. our new adopted cat yami is coming along nicely, he is quiet a character x oh look just seen weather report fog and rain here which i do love a bit of fog. guess nothing much else to report. x
have great day today all xx
Old 09-06-2022, 01:24 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
RAL

Thanks Dee and erratic. Have a great day or night x
Old 09-06-2022, 01:51 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kes View Post
Hi TB,

Sometimes no plans for the day is the best plan!! Just let it unfold and enjoy.

BTW, I love my scotch bonnets in a homenade chilli, Hotter that the sun's surface lol. i get a buzz out of seriously hot food. Have you tried the Carolina Reaperr pepper? It's name says it all! IIt's what the feds make their pepper spray out of lol

Have a great day!
The Carolina reaper... I once dared my stepsons to eat half a chili each, however, they were Carolinas and I didn't know hahaha. They were in agony, they couldn't even stomach it, one spat there's out and it landed on the others cheek and left a big welt mark and one of them got it in their cracked dermatitis hands, safe to say that I was not a popular stepmom for a long time hahaha
Old 09-06-2022, 05:23 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

My hubby loves Mt. olive Pickles. They are the best! NC is a beautiful state.
Old 09-06-2022, 06:11 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Good morning friends, Just checking in with you all. I did get a better sleepless night. I needed it. I received a text last night from my friend who had a bday gathering on Sunday afternoon that she texted positive for Covid. Grrr. My hubby is having a serious surgery on Sept 20 on his neck/spine. All prayers are appreciated for him. His name is Kent. And with my new baby. We were all outside at the gathering. Both hubby & I had Covid in June. I am going to speak with my DD and see what she wants us to do as far as being around baby or not.... Anyway, that is what is going on here. Stay strong friends, stay healthy!
Old 09-06-2022, 06:14 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

My pickles of choice in America. They have ones without garlic, THANK YOU Mt Olive!!! (deathly allergic). And they are lovely.

Old 09-06-2022, 01:27 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!
Sorry for what happened, RAL. Thank you for being honest. You can do this!! Day five is awesome.
Travel, I will be thinking of you and your husband. Sending you hugs and positive thoughts.

My last ortho appointment was in March. They keep cancelling on me (she’s alway “sick”). I know that I’ve said this 1 million times but I was hit by a small truck while I was cycling before Christmas. I have what I think is a torn quadricep muscle. She told me not to run on it but that was back in March and so I subsequently have started back again! Anyway instead of getting upset, I spoke with the office manager who agreed that this is ridiculous. She’s canceled on me four times and so they have put me in touch with a new Doctor, I will see at them at the end of this month!

Lip is looking a little better.
Seeing jaw surgeon soon. Insurance nixed the surgery.

Weather here is beautiful. Makes me want to work hard at being sober.
Nice sober day.

Hi Dee, Venus, Anna, and Red!