SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of September 2022 Support Thread Part 1 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/460467-class-september-2022-support-thread-part-1-a.html)

Dee74 08-31-2022 01:07 AM

Class of September 2022 Support Thread Part 1

Welcome Everyone!

this is the support thread for everyone who wants to quit drugs alcohol or any kind of addiction this month of

September 2022

come and join us!

https://i.postimg.cc/tgnfHzt7/september-month-owls.jpg

Our August 2022 thread is now here:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/460371-class-august-2022-support-thread-part-2-a-11.html

Pekelover2 08-31-2022 07:41 PM

Hi there!
My husband and I had a disagreement. He left for work in that.
I ate the crab that my friend gave me. It was nice. I took the dogs down to the little park.
I had a minor surgical procedure on my mouth. It’s infected. Hurts a lot.
Okay. Deep breath. Deep breath. It’s going to be okay.

Dee74 08-31-2022 07:59 PM

Welcome PL…yes as long as we stay sober, everything really will be okay.

D

Anna 08-31-2022 08:02 PM

Oh Peke, it IS going to be okay. :) I hope your mouth feels better.

RAL 08-31-2022 08:35 PM

Thanks Dee
hi all. I'm in August but posting here too.
It will be ok peke

Dee74 08-31-2022 08:46 PM

Welcome RAL :)

Hi Anna! :wave:

D

Erratic 08-31-2022 09:06 PM

im in for sober sept x

have great day x

RAL 08-31-2022 09:18 PM

Hi erratic

Dee74 08-31-2022 09:22 PM

welcome Erratic :)

D

Pekelover2 08-31-2022 09:57 PM

Hi RAL
Helko Erractic

Problem #5
Huge bill (6k) for endometrial biopsy came in. We have the worst insurance. It’s individual. The bill was 13k. Insurance paid half. We can swing this. But we got another EOB bill that said “you may owe 16k….”

I don’t even get hit. The (new) 16k bill was for my hand surgery. But it has items that were also on the endometrioial biopsy bill. One surgery was 4/12. The other 4/13.

I will take a deep breath. I will call my HI tomorrow. I will be calm.

I know that my husband’s hospital (where I had the biopsy done) once double billed us. I caught it thankfully. But I had to go down there in person to sort it out. They hardly answer their phone.

I texted my husband an apology. He never wrote back. They’re swamped there.

Feeling upset. My mouth is red and raw. Ir looks like I smeared lipstick all over it.

okay. I’ll be okay. I didn’t buy wine. It would be so much worse if I did.

We have awful insurance. Believe it or not my husband doesn’t get benefits. Because he is contracted out by a company in the emergency room. So none of the staff have any benefits. When I worked full-time in the lab I had the best benefits ever. I feel like a complete loser. Plus all the bills are for my health issues. Stupid endometriosis. Stupid truck accident. Stupid me.

Thanks.
I’ll be sober tomorrow

Dee74 08-31-2022 10:28 PM

I'm sorry for the financial stress PL, but I have no doubt you'll get through :)
Lean on us here for support :)

D

least 08-31-2022 10:37 PM

Welcome everyone to the September class. :). It helps to have others around the same point in the journey. :)

(((Peke))) I am sorry you're having a rough time. :hug:

Pekelover2 08-31-2022 10:49 PM

Hi Venus! I forgot to say hi before!Hi! How are you?

Thank you Least and Dee.
I’m sorry to vent. It $$ will be a huge hit.
Plus another strange thing happened. About three months ago a very close friend of mine and her husband decided to begin a construction company. (This was before all of our bills came in). So we verbally agreed for them to redo our patio. It’s a very small deck. But it is falling apart. They have not given us an estimate yet and only came over last week to finally do the measuring. But thisreally couldn’t come at a worse time because of the bills that are coming in for my surgeries. I had no way to plan for this. I’m very good at budgeting and for the last 25 years since I’ve been with my husband we have not had many issues. Of course I can explain all this to her. Because she’s a good friend. But I feel like she’s going to wonder why I didn’t know better. right after my accident, after some of the surgeries these EOB (explanation of benefits) for 6k and 16k came in around April. But I never received any actual bills from the hospital. so I had paid all the other associated bills to. I don’t know. This is a lot of my problem. I am a good friend. I am very loyal. I think that I’m an I’m incredibly generous. I feel guilty that I don’t have children and a lot of my friends do. So I usually will pick up dinner or other bills etc.And if this friend is a good friend of mine she will understand and I can tell her we can put off doing the deck until spring. in fact as soon as they had their business cards made, I dropped a few of them in my neighbors mailboxes. And one of my friends wants her bathroom sinks redone in February and they already have met one another and I got her that contact. I think sometimes I try too hard. Or health insurance premiums are 1.2k/month. It’s crazy.

Thank you so much for listening. I have the New Yorker magazine here. I have two issues actually and the dogs are with me. I took some melatonin. Thank you all for listing again sorry to go on

travelbug 09-01-2022 03:46 AM

day 4

Hello Sept 2022 class. I am an alcoholic and I can't fight this on my own. I have been drinking for at least 40 yrs off and on, most on.
I am still in good health as far as I know. Not telling what damage that I have reeked on my liver. I have a wonder husband, daughter & son in law & a new granddaughter. I want to live to see her grow up. I am day 4 of sobriety. No DT's or withdrawals, cravings yes...sleeping with the help of rx meds, about 6 hrs, eating healthy, sugar cravings on the evening. I have been down this road before. I know what lies ahead. I look forward to taking this journey with you all. I will be on here a lot.

Khorhey 09-01-2022 05:49 AM

I’m in.

Peke when my wife's cancer bills came in the anesthesia people cashed the insurance company check $900. Then said we don’t take that insurance. And sent me a bill for $4000. I fought them for years. No attorney would take the case.
I said there is no way they can admit her to the hospital take her insurance, not tell her the anesthesia provider does not take it. Then anesthesia people cash the insurance check and then tell us they don’t take it.

It’s total insanity. After fighting them for a few years finally paid them $2000 to go away.

Day 5 here, feel pretty good. Wife is at her wits end so this has to be it for me. I had a minor meltdown last week. Stock market, housing, inflation plus 8 of her family moved here.

Went to addiction center yesterday. They were cool but think it’s mostly for drugs. They wanted to put me on Naltrexone. Not sure about that. Going to primary care internist tomorrow to get physical and ask him about it.

Anyone with had experience with Naltrexone for alcohol?

doggonecarl 09-01-2022 06:09 AM

Class of Sept 2010 here. I found SR shortly after relapsing, yet again, after yet again another attempt to quit. I was crushed because I was positive this last quit was really it. After coming here, I learned about alcoholism, addiction, recovery and the difference between that and sobriety. I accepted that my way wasn't working and I would try what seemed to be working for others. I vowed to never drink again.

And I haven't.

Get through the discomfort and difficult times you have coming. Work on healing. Build a sober life you can love.

Lixie 09-01-2022 09:06 AM

Hi all. Day 4, and I am having a crappy day. Feeling tempted to get something to drink, but won't do it. That wouldn't make anything better now, would it?

Pekelover2 09-01-2022 09:49 AM

Welcome Travelbug!

Gosh, Khorhey…I cannot even imagine. I’m so so sorry that you went through all of that. Insurance companies are the worst. I don’t understand how they justify their actions. Again, I’m truly sorry. (They won’t pay for my 200k broken jaw!)

Hi Anna! thank you so much for asking about me. Mouth looks awful. Like I have red lipstick on each side of my mouth. I can open it either.

In the phone with insurnace. They think that the hospital is double billing me. They are sending me a “tax receipt” so that I can go down to the hospital and review the bills with them. Hopefully someone will be there.

My husband’s friend bumped down to part time. I wish that we could afford to do that. My husband worked six 12’s (really 14 hour shifts)l and has 30+ hours of at-home charting. Unpaid.

I feel so ugly with my mouth.

But I didn’t drink last night!! I’m so happy about that. Yes, today isn’t fully of sunshine and happiness. But my head is clear. It’s clear. I can cope. I’m proud of that. Maybe September will me my month.

Thank you all so much.

DJ1986 09-01-2022 10:15 AM

Hello everyone, nice to meet you.

My first monthly support thread, looking forward to seeing how I get on with this.

Caramel 09-01-2022 12:16 PM

Welcome aboard, new friends and returning friends :grouphug: