Notices

Class of September 2022 Support Thread Part 1

Old 09-02-2022, 05:00 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

Addiction makes no sense em...but I really believe support helps. The more you deny your addiction the stronger you'll get.

I am sorry for your pain tho - chronic pain is the worst... but not relying on the bottle helped me find other better more positive ways to deal with my own chronic pain.

D
Old 09-02-2022, 05:02 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=venuscat;7847698]Who is your team Khorhey? My husband went to Clemson, so they are my college football team now.

Congrats, dear Liz and TB!!!

Hi RAL

I went to Rutgers, so I cheer them on. They play Boston College tomorrow in Boston. Beautiful city.

My brother in law went to Clemson so I follow them. He is a rabid fan.

Went to Doctor today everything checked out just waiting on bloodwork to come back.

Have a good weekend everyone
Old 09-02-2022, 05:10 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. I know you are right. It’s hard to resist when pain and cravings are both high. The days that I’m not hurting quite so bad are so much easier to resist. I’m scared of giving in and drinking after the last time. I really thought I was having a heart attack.
Old 09-02-2022, 05:14 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hi RAL…sounds like a lovely night.
Hi Travelbug!
Please don’t drink EM. Try to distract yourself.

I don’t know what day I’m on. Five? Seven? Idk.
Today was tough. If I drink I will still have the same problems tomorrow. And I’ll be hungover.
No way. PL you’re worth it. You’re WORTH IT!!!!!! You’re on two new medications that are making you gain weight. Do you want to gain more?! Treat yourself better than this.

Washed my husband’s wheels, then washed mine. Then washed two dogs. Going to to an abdominal class since I can’t work out. Then long walk down the road. It’s lovely today: seventy two degrees and sunny.

A friend on mine booked us on a guided walking tour tomorrow! We will learn about a new local trail and its ecology. Looking forward to it.

Hi Dee, Anna, and Venus!
Hi DJ. I can relate. Except for me, it would be 4-5 glasses of white wine. Let’s not do this.

I will be *sober* tonight.

Old 09-02-2022, 07:24 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hello my friends. Good to have you all here today. I had a good day. Cravings are not too terrible. Hit hard a couple of times. I did not cave in! I am feeling a little bit anxious. It will pass. I am very happy to be sober tonight. It has been a long time that I was sober on Friday night. Good to be here, sober.
Old 09-02-2022, 08:54 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

That’s great Travelbug! WTG.

Washed all three dogs. Their dry. They’re pouting now, lol.
Had some ramen soup.
Took my eldest dog outside. She loves when the leaves from the Madrona trees begin to fall off. Tonight it was like it was “raining” dry leaves. She loves it! She runs towards a dry leaf. Then she grabs it and shakes it back and forth like she’s angry with it. It’s really cute.

Congratulations on those of you who are sober tonight!
Old 09-03-2022, 04:22 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Good morning, made it to 6th day sober! I am so excited. I hopped out of bed ready to hit the ground running. Thought racing thru my mind of going to the gym, working out, working on projects here at home. I feel so good. It makes me giddy. Sleeping better every day. It is amazing how good I feel when I do not have poison running thru my veins. Peace and love to you all. Have a wonderful day. Stay strong.
Old 09-03-2022, 08:35 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

This is really wonderful to read, Travelbug! Hooray!!

Leaving for the guided hiking tour soon! Exciting to see my friend.

I have plans to clean our bathroom today. And clean a big closet in the bathroom.

Mouth still looks pretty bad. Sent pics to doctor. He’s telling me that it will resolve. My top lip is red and sore looking.

I live in the PNW. fall is here!! Crisp, and 70 degrees. We live on a bluff and I can hear the boats zooming outside. I am up, awake and *not* hungover.

My mood is okay right now. These meds scare me. The iud meds seem to have equilibrated. The newer medication (for a minor chronic condition) can cause “weight gain, depression, and mood swings”.

I was at Home Depot yesterday. I had two dogs on the leash. And one in the stroller. Another lady was there with two large German Shepherd‘s. And she had them very close to her. They were very curious, as dogs are. And of course my dogs were on long long leashes. And she very politely suggested to me to reel my dogs in a bit. For some reason my mood was not right because of these medications. I almost said something to her kind of snarky. But that is not me! I am not like that. And most importantly: she was right! I have retractable leashes and the dogs were maybe 15 feet away from me! I pulled the dogs and put them in the stroller. I took a deep breath. I felt like crying! I’m 53 years old and I felt like crying in Home Depot because this woman had told me to reel my dogs in. This is not normal behavior and it’s because of the medication. I mentioning this to you because I’m having difficulty regulating my emotions and had I’ve been hung over yesterday it would’ve been **10 times** as difficult to be my polite self. I apologized to the lady. She told me I didn’t need to apologize but she didn’t know how upset I was at her in my head! After I got to the car I put my head in my hands and I told myself it was going to be OK and I just have to work on this.

Not knowing that you can escape into an alcohol induced fantasyland makes it a little bit tough sometimes. I have to feel these feelings and I can’t rely on knowing that I can get intoxicated at night to get through it.

I am better than alcohol. My body and my mind deserve better!!

Thank you for listening.

How is everyone today?! What is everyone up to?
Old 09-03-2022, 08:45 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pekelover2 View Post
This is really wonderful to read, Travelbug! Hooray!!

Leaving for the guided hiking tour soon! Exciting to see my friend.

I have plans to clean our bathroom today. And clean a big closet in the bathroom.

Mouth still looks pretty bad. Sent pics to doctor. He’s telling me that it will resolve. My top lip is red and sore looking.

I live in the PNW. fall is here!! Crisp, and 70 degrees. We live on a bluff and I can hear the boats zooming outside. I am up, awake and *not* hungover.

My mood is okay right now. These meds scare me. The iud meds seem to have equilibrated. The newer medication (for a minor chronic condition) can cause “weight gain, depression, and mood swings”.

I was at Home Depot yesterday. I had two dogs on the leash. And one in the stroller. Another lady was there with two large German Shepherd‘s. And she had them very close to her. They were very curious, as dogs are. And of course my dogs were on long long leashes. And she very politely suggested to me to reel my dogs in a bit. For some reason my mood was not right because of these medications. I almost said something to her kind of snarky. But that is not me! I am not like that. And most importantly: she was right! I have retractable leashes and the dogs were maybe 15 feet away from me! I pulled the dogs and put them in the stroller. I took a deep breath. I felt like crying! I’m 53 years old and I felt like crying in Home Depot because this woman had told me to reel my dogs in. This is not normal behavior and it’s because of the medication. I mentioning this to you because I’m having difficulty regulating my emotions and had I’ve been hung over yesterday it would’ve been **10 times** as difficult to be my polite self. I apologized to the lady. She told me I didn’t need to apologize but she didn’t know how upset I was at her in my head! After I got to the car I put my head in my hands and I told myself it was going to be OK and I just have to work on this.

Not knowing that you can escape into an alcohol induced fantasyland makes it a little bit tough sometimes. I have to feel these feelings and I can’t rely on knowing that I can get intoxicated at night to get through it.

I am better than alcohol. My body and my mind deserve better!!

Thank you for listening.

How is everyone today?! What is everyone up to?
Hang in there. The mood swings will get easier. Thank you for sharing.

Stay strong.
Old 09-03-2022, 08:52 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

(((Peke))) ❤️

In early sobriety, I was super emotional all of the time. I would have cried in Home Depot, for sure. s
You are dealing with a lot right now, love; I think you are doing really well! xx
Old 09-03-2022, 02:26 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree that things and emotions will settle down, PL
Box the AVs ears too - alcohol is not an escape it’s a prison.

Every tough thing you get through sober will help you remember just how capable and strong the real you is

D
Old 09-03-2022, 02:27 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 6 days travelbug…how’s everyone else doing?

D
Old 09-03-2022, 07:47 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Here is to day 6 coming to an end. Had a good day. Thank you all for your words of support!
Old 09-03-2022, 11:06 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Thank you Venus, Travel bug and Dee! Your replies and support mean a lot.
Hi Red and RAL.
Going to sleep sober. I’m grateful for that.

I hope that everyone is okay.
Old 09-03-2022, 11:07 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Lixie, DJ and Em, I hope that you’re all doing well.
Old 09-03-2022, 11:10 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
RAL

Sorry you had a rough day peke.

Flying home this morning ✈👍
Old 09-03-2022, 11:11 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Travel-how is the new grand baby doing? Is this your first grandchild?

Khorhey that’s great that you follow college football. I just started getting onto pro football in the last ten or so years. Might have to start watching college.

Os anyone here a hockey fan? I love hockey.

Night all. 💕
Old 09-03-2022, 11:21 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Administrator

goodnight all

D
Old 09-04-2022, 03:29 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Still not drinking. Some days are very hard. I’ve been really angry this week. My son was sick and I really wanted to be able to run errands for him and make him something to eat. But we’ve had a lllt of rain and pain has been high so I couldn’t. Then my sister who lives 4-5 hours away was down about an hour from me and I wanted to be able to help her with things she was down here doing but was stuck in bed most of the week. I did get to go see her last night. I’m very thankful I was able to see her but wish I could have done more.

I see so many posting about getting sober and living life. Going and doing all kinds of fun things. Exercising and working out. Going on trips. Doing things with friends and family and I know me staying sober still mean me sitting at home spending half my time in bed. It’s a big part of the reason I started drinking again last year. I hate not having a life. I hate not being able to go and do things. Letting people down. Scared to commit to anything because more than likely I’ll have to cancel. This inst life. I don’t know how to get past the anger. At least when I was drinking I wasn’t hurting. I may still have been stuck at home but the alcohol at least got rid of the pain. I know I can’t continue to drink. By the end I was out of control. Sometimes drinking a bottle of whiskey or vodka in a few hours. The chest pain is terrifying when I drink. So I go from one living hell to another with not much to look forward to.
Old 09-04-2022, 04:09 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Em, sorry that you are in pain. My husband is in constant pain, having neck surgery in 15 days. It is so draining on him, and me too.
I will say prayers for you.

We attended a cook-out with friends yesterday evening. about 8 of us. Everyone was drinking, (not like I used to) socially. I had an urge a couple of times to drink but did not. Thank you God! I enjoyed the great food, burgers, beans and sautéed veggies on the griddle, and desert, Keylime pie that was to die for. Food tastes better, more intense when you are sober.
I feel awkward at times in social settings when I am sober, almost introverted. I want to become comfortable with that feeling so I am not inclined to pick up a drink. It is OK to be quiet and not play the "Party Patty" of the gathering.

Today is my day 7. We have a 60th birthday open house to attend in the afternoon. Probably not much temptation except for birthday cake there . I plan on staying sober. Glad to be here.