Notices

One Year & Over Part 87

Old 08-09-2022, 01:47 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Lots of walking
Roxy asleep...1815 , Tuesday
Regardless of unwanted thoughts and feelings...I will forever see my life with gratitude....sober, trying to be the best me....

sounds corny, but that stuff changes a person..
Old 08-09-2022, 04:44 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

PJ, nothing "corny" about gratitude!

Stopped to see Fran on the way home yesterday. It seems like Joel's death is finally hitting her. She went to her doctor yesterday and he diagnosed her with depression. However, she refuses to take any meds for it. I visited with her for about an hour it seemed to brighten her mood quite a bit. I will try to see her more often.

Have a Terrific Tuesday, overs!

Old 08-09-2022, 07:24 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Congrats on eight years Sassy! That is a marvelous achievement.

FBL, I am glad that you were able to cheer Fran up. It is the small things that we do for people that make big waves on this planet.

Have a good day all!
Old 08-09-2022, 08:05 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Thanks for your comments and support. You all are like minded in just trying to put one foot in front of another. I may not be the one getting the ball into the goal in an action that changes the world but I'm trying to make the pass that helps or maybe just man the gatorade dispenser on the sidelines of life. So be it. (-:

Well I never got the yoga in yesterday. My neighbor got sick and needed a ride to the hospital. As I mentioned, I'm way way better at stepping up and doing for others than holding back when people need space so this was kind of a happy thing for me.

More of same today!

Walk in beauty friends (hmmm . . . . a bit of cultural appropriation here.)
Old 08-09-2022, 11:56 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

FBL sorry to hear Fran has depression. It’s hard losing a life partner even with much support around her. I’m glad your visit brightened her mood.

Bekind, what a kindly act taking your neighbour to hospital. You have a heart of gold (as my mum used to say.

It’s sunny here, I had the news on for a little while but switched it off. The bit I saw was all about our rising costs of utility bills and well everything. So I saved a bit of electric switching it off.

Meeting a friend for coffee later then visiting my sick friend. She was in and out of consciousness on Monday. The morphine doesn’t seem to help much with the pain though the one the nurse gives her stops the pain and makes her sleep. It’s a very difficult and emotional time for all her family.

Have a good day my friends xxxx

Old 08-10-2022, 12:23 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Mags, sounds like your friend is nearing the end. I'm sorry you are losing her.

FBL I'm sure Fran feels she can beat depression the way she has beaten everything. Grief takes its time and I'm sure she will come out the other side as long as she keeps moving forward.

My mum had plenty of time to get used to the idea of my dad dying and whilst she still grieved, and missed her 60+ year life partner, she has moved on. A good friend of hers lost her husband very suddenly, he literally dropped dead in front of her, and she is not allowing herself to move forward in her grief. 4 years on, she is still in the same place in her fried, which is very hard on the few remaining friends willing to try and be there for her. It's sad.

Peej, nothing corny about gratitude and wanting to be the best 'you' you can!

Bekind, I also like the way you write, very visual
Old 08-10-2022, 08:15 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

Mags and FBL, watching people deal with end of life stuff is so darn difficult. May you be courageous in being present for those in your life struggling.

Well, garden is watered and laundry started.

I'm off to floss, meditate and sew.

Have a good one all!
Old 08-10-2022, 10:23 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

Toots, you’re right, the doctor says her body is shutting down. Yesterday her sentences were jumbled up and incoherent. I sort of got what she said though. She doesn’t speak of dying now she’s just fighting each day to survive. But the cancer is winning sadly. It hurts to see her suffer so.

Thanks Bekind, we can muster up courage when we really need to. I don’t know how our minds and body do it, but we do. One foot in front of the other.

Car is in garage for new brake pads today. A warning sign came on to say they needed changing. It’s ok to drive the garage said but I wanted them done before I go to Derby hospital tomorrow.

So just a day at home today which is nice. I’ve got some laundry to do and maybe a book to read, oh and some more packing too.

Have a good day my friends. xxxx
Old 08-11-2022, 12:52 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

You're a good man FBL.
The funeral of an aunt tomorrow has my stupid brain going into overdrive . Mostly about my dance with death...the burns stuff. Lots of other thoughts about why I would rather not go. But to support my uncle..I will.
Old 08-11-2022, 02:12 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Have a Thankful Thursday to all
Old 08-11-2022, 04:05 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

PJ

Stopped to see Fran yesterday and she seems to be doing better. Her granddaughter also showed up with some flowers, so that was nice.

Off to a routine dental cleaning. Both my hygienist and dentist are Vietnamese and they have a certain way of talking to you that sounds like yelling, yet polite at the same time. They wanted me to take better care of my gums and I think (hope) I've succeeded. If not, I'll hear about it!

Have a Thunderous Thursday, overs!
Old 08-11-2022, 07:48 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

I had a good day yesterday as I stayed busy and had some lovely talks with my renter. However I missed my centering prayer zoom meeting which I'm bummed about. I noticed it was almost time for the meeting and then got involved in other tasks and didn't notice the time until the meeting was over. Ugh.

So I don't have anything on the docket today except the usual: gardening, sewing, and working on the house.

Have a lovely day all.
Old 08-12-2022, 02:23 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  

funeral ok
sat with SIL, bro's wife....hadnt seen her, or relatives in over 10y.
Old 08-12-2022, 03:22 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Have a fruitful Friday, friends
Old 08-12-2022, 05:28 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

PJ, glad it went OK.

Sounds like Fran was going back to the hospital last night. Her breathing isn't good.

Have a Fabulous Friday, overs!
Old 08-12-2022, 05:36 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Afternoon Overs

PJ, pleased it went well love.

FBL, best wishes to Fran.

Sassy, funnily enough, I’m having a fruitful Friday…Strawberries, raspberries and melon.

Not long back from hand unit at Derby hospital. My fingers are slowly straightening. My little finger might never straighten, therapist said. Traffic was crazy busy. Home safe and sound and weary.

Have a good day my friends xxxx

Old 08-12-2022, 08:10 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

I have a difficult family member coming for a week long visit next Monday and the house is a mess. Sigh.

Anyhow I'm not moving quickly so now I'm off to load dishwasher, respond to family member's text, and meditate . . . . . so I'm recommitting to the next-right-step thing.

Peace to all.
Old 08-12-2022, 09:08 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Maybe, if you leave the house messy, the difficult family member will go home.

Kidding. Wishing you strength, dearest Bekind. s
Old 08-12-2022, 05:28 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Fran’s lucky to have you for a friend FBL….hope she’s doing ok….

I like Venuscat’s idea about waiting until company leaves before cleaning the house Hope the visit is quick and painless for you BKA.

Hello to all!
Old 08-12-2022, 11:37 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

Hiya Purps

Aw Bekind, I understand how you feel. The home and the difficult relative. Hope they’re not too difficult for you to have to deal with.

I’m getting a new delivery of a new type of injections on Monday, which hopefully will be more effective than the ones I’m on.

Off to mum in law’s home today. Haven’t seen her for a few day with the car going in garage( which isn’t done yet but ok and safe to drive) and at the hospital.

Have a good day my friends xxxx.