Notices

One Year And Under Part 71

Old 06-15-2022, 07:44 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Ouch redcardid that sounds so uncomfortable! I really hope it goes through the process quickly. Did anyone medically professional mention salt water or compress? Just curious

Really good to see you Mags!

Toots I love the idea of everybody at my desk in a family photo. I could use some photos at the desk!

recently I’ve just been noticing some of my character flaws in sobriety. Things I’d really like to change. Like that my knee jerk reaction is that things are about me. All manner of things. I’m really going to be working on that. I’m misinterpreting lots of things these days and it is a wild experience in sobriety to see how extreme perception can be. I know this is not my fault and I’m grateful to be noticing it but it is something I really want to change! It is wild
Old 06-16-2022, 05:41 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

hi

hi Alpine :-)

almost fully better today - my immune system system seems to be in good order - tackling a virus and bacterial infection at the same time (and a fungal infection at the same time if you count my athlete's foot) - I'm a l33t human specimen

I am definitely not worried about monkey-pox now

anyway - well done if you did another day :-)

edit - thanks for advice Plenny (just saw your post after I posted - I'm Okie-dokie-doo-dar now) - everybody misconstrues stuff - don't beat yourself up
Old 06-16-2022, 11:19 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Plenny we see things from our own angle and can also interpret things merely on the mood we are in at the time. It's good to take a look at ourselves regularly and work on the aspects of ourselves we feel we need to change. Remember, no one is perfect, but it's not for us to judge them, just as it's not for others to judge us. All we can de is be the best version of ourselves we can. Someone we can look in the mirror and meet their eyes and say "actually, yes, I like who I see".

Im glad your on the mend Red, I had an abscess once and it was excruciating. So you have my sympathies
Old 06-17-2022, 07:42 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

hi

day 37

I've still got some vague romantic idea of drinking but it is fading and ill-defined (from what it used to be) - on the other hand, my knowledge and beliefs about drink are vivid, strong and dominant - I regard alcohol as a dangerous poison that will harm me - a just a thought

Old 06-19-2022, 09:39 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. I said I wouldn’t do this again. But I do hate this job and I’m looking for other work. In sobriety it is harder to ignore red flags such as this and I didn’t get sober to be miserable. I’m too old to stew in that.

I’ll be staying close through this change
Old 06-19-2022, 03:55 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Good for you Plenny! Sending positive vibes that the right job comes along shortly….Whoever they are will be lucky to have you!
Old 06-19-2022, 11:16 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I feel you are making the right choice Plenny. I know you want to stick at a job for longer, but this is not the job to be doing that for. With a plan for going forward, you can hold out where you are as you search for something that will be better suited and not put the emotional pressure on you. Sending positive vibes for the right job

Red you're so right, Alcohol absolutely is a poison, we know it's harmful which is why we don't give it to our kids, so why do we think so much less of ourselves? Keep up the good positive thinking Red.
Old 06-19-2022, 11:55 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Magsie

Red, I agree that alcohol is a poison. Nowadays I regard it as I would a bottle of bleach…not to be drank.

Plenny, good for you. Why stick it out in a job that makes you unhappy. Hope you soon find the one for you.

Have a good day to all xxxx
Old 06-20-2022, 01:11 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Yay Plenny!

Glad you are going to make the change.

Life is too short.
Old 06-20-2022, 01:50 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Nice day today - been in the back yard doing woodwork (sawing etc.)

sorry things are tough for you Plenny - hope something turns up for (you need to have fun at work)

​​​​​​​
Old 06-20-2022, 03:56 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think its a good decision Plenny
enjoy the sun Red

D
Old 06-20-2022, 04:20 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

So cheerful and cute, Red!
Old 06-21-2022, 07:45 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I’m now laughing out loud y’all, none of my job applications worked out. I think I’m stuck here. Haha

why the universe wants me here is beyond me. I feel like a caged leopard.

but. I’ve had it worse in the past.

I’m just trying to roll with the punches.

wow that sun is amazing!
Old 06-21-2022, 08:47 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

Keep applying Plenny
D
Old 06-21-2022, 10:59 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

yes Plenny, keep applying, keep focussed on what you want. And think about it as you setting an example for these people. Be strong, remember us all sitting on your desk whenever things feel fraught
Old 06-22-2022, 12:42 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
yes Plenny, keep applying, keep focussed on what you want. And think about it as you setting an example for these people. Be strong, remember us all sitting on your desk whenever things feel fraught
i love love love that visual. It was something I did as a kid actually! I imagined supportive people in my life next to me
Old 06-22-2022, 01:54 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Maybe those applications didn’t work because something better is coming…don’t give up Plenny!
Old 06-23-2022, 12:56 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

hi

just been checking my electricity payments and costs (not cryto mining anymore - the bottom and legs have fallen out of that market) and found my usual electricity cost has gone up over 100% per week since last year ??? (might have to start chopping down trees or burning dried poo to cook on) - things are getting crazy

I'm reading (listening to) 'Earth Abides' by George R. Stewart at the mo - a 1949 post-apocalyptic novel that gives ideas and tips on how to survive (and how not to go mad) if things get biblical (which seems likely)

Plenny - can't you get a working-from-home job (data input or phone sales) ?

Old 06-25-2022, 08:00 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

day 45

hi - not much happening

well done if you did another day :-)

Old 06-25-2022, 08:52 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Well done on Day 45 Red